Scottish players in action 20/21 - Page 26 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 20/21

romanticscot

10 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Hmmm no. I am not in the squad and never have been or will be but when discussing my coiuntry it will always use terms such as us and we. Certainly not they.

Would it not sound a bit silly him saying we or us when referring to a squad he's not been part of that got to the euros. If he had of said "we" ppl on here would probably be pulling him up on it. 

Its different with fans like us, we refer to the team as us or we but for a player who's been in and out of the squad we and us becomes phrases with a different meaning with regards being in the squad or not. 

The guy was willing to play for us when we hadnt qualified for anything and I am pretty sure he never had to be asked multiple times to play for us. We have had better options in midfield than him and that's why he hasn't played. Bit harsh giving the guy a hard time for wanting to play at a major tournament with us. 

2 hours ago, JECK said:

Ha absolute chancer, doesn’t say anything about playing for Scotland, just about playing in the euros. He’s another that can f*** off and join the others like Matt Ritchie, Souttar and Boyle.

That’s moronic. 

He’s been available for years, came into plenty squads hasnt played and is still available now. 

The guys you listed chose to not play or play for someone else. 

He’s down the pecking order but he’s playing regularly in the premiership so it’s handy to have him as an option. 

15 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

That’s moronic. 

He’s been available for years, came into plenty squads hasnt played and is still available now. 

The guys you listed chose to not play or play for someone else. 

He’s down the pecking order but he’s playing regularly in the premiership so it’s handy to have him as an option. 

Exactly, only thing the guys guilty of is not being good enough for our squad. 

If we have several injuries to our centre midfielders then he might be needed. Would have to be a fair few injuries before we turn to him Tbf. 

You’s can sit there with the wool over your eyes re Cairney if you want. The guy is chancing it. As soon as Southgate came sniffing a couple of years ago he just wasn’t interested. He’s also pulled out of 8 matches for us in the past for the record. (Some will be legit granted)

The interview alone in this thread gives it away. 

Think Cairney was keen a few years ago and played lots for the under age squads. Think he got pissed off being overlooked and asked not to be considered last time when Fulham were in PL. I have no issue if he gets back on merit but if players like Brown, Ritchie, Bardsley ( no evidence so far) Fletcher want to get into the squad now we have qualified it would send completely the wrong message.

As Cairney said it is probably the second best tournament in world football. Best if they support us from the sidelines. 

18 minutes ago, syecosse said:

Patterson starting for Rangers in Europe, A few youngsters on the bench. 

Happy about this gives Tav a rest and gets Patterson a competitive game against a good side.

Hopefully Dickson gets on in the second half, I was really impressed by him against Falkirk. Barjonas is there aswellbut I'll be amazed if he is still at Rangers by the start of next season. King isn't on the bench which is a bit disappointing, I wonder if the b team or u18s have a game tonight.

4 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Would it not sound a bit silly him saying we or us when referring to a squad he's not been part of that got to the euros. If he had of said "we" ppl on here would probably be pulling him up on it. 

Its different with fans like us, we refer to the team as us or we but for a player who's been in and out of the squad we and us becomes phrases with a different meaning with regards being in the squad or not. 

The guy was willing to play for us when we hadnt qualified for anything and I am pretty sure he never had to be asked multiple times to play for us. We have had better options in midfield than him and that's why he hasn't played. Bit harsh giving the guy a hard time for wanting to play at a major tournament with us. 

Hmm I see where you are coming from but still doesn't sit right with me. I listen to pundits who use terminology like 'we' when talking about Scotland team and performances. 'They' is a more detached standpoint you'd hear from someone not seeing it from a Scottish viewpoint - in my opinion.

9 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Happy about this gives Tav a rest and gets Patterson a competitive game against a good side.

Hopefully Dickson gets on in the second half, I was really impressed by him against Falkirk. Barjonas is there aswellbut I'll be amazed if he is still at Rangers by the start of next season. King isn't on the bench which is a bit disappointing, I wonder if the b team or u18s have a game tonight.

Patterson with big boots to fill. Be good if gets a few games this season.

22 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Patterson is wasting away at Rangers me thinks. Tavernier is established as one of the stars of the Rangers' side and there is no way Patterson is going to unseat him. Given that Tavernier is still only 29 he could have that slot nailed down for the next two or three years at least.

59 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Great to see. 

The best player in the country at the moment is ahead of him so it’s not easy for him but great he’s getting a chance though 

Good to see him get a game but its not going to see him become a first team regular. As long as Tavernier is there he will be frozen out.

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Patterson is wasting away at Rangers me thinks. Tavernier is established as one of the stars of the Rangers' side and there is no way Patterson is going to unseat him. Given that Tavernier is still only 29 he could have that slot nailed down for the next two or three years at least.

As Patterson gets better with games and age he will get even more game time. This is an unusual season for Rangers. Look at the standard of performance in that team, don’t tell me Patterson isn’t learning a huge amount every day. He’s only just turned 19 ffs and he’s in a very tight first team squad. 

1 minute ago, er yir macaroon said:

As Patterson gets better with games and age he will get even more game time. This is an unusual season for Rangers. Look at the standard of performance in that team, don’t tell me Patterson isn’t learning a huge amount every day. He’s only just turned 19 ffs and he’s in a very tight first team squad. 

Think logically here.

Tavernier is cemented as No 1 and is a star performer in the team. He is not getting dropped. He is 29 so Patterson could be waiting two or three years for a chance. I'd sooner he went elsewhere and gained regular first team football week-in week-out. That is the only way to develop not get splinters on your arse sitting on the bench.

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

He just turned 19 in October. If he was 20/21 I'd agree but shadowing Tavernier and training daily with Kent, Barisic, etc will help him greatly. If we let him go on loan, we'd have to sign a back up RB which would block Patterson on his return.

If Tavernier keeps up this form he'll be gone in the summer. His contract ends in 2022, so Rangers will probably have to sell in the summer. He could easily double his wage and is wanted by 5/6 top 10/12 sides English sides.

Edited by Blantyre_Braveheart

17 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Think logically here.

Tavernier is cemented as No 1 and is a star performer in the team. He is not getting dropped. He is 29 so Patterson could be waiting two or three years for a chance. I'd sooner he went elsewhere and gained regular first team football week-in week-out. That is the only way to develop not get splinters on your arse sitting on the bench.

Rangers are desperate to rest Tavernier, they’re involved in multiple competitions, and no doubt will be next year too. Patterson would have been in 2 weeks ago if it wasn’t for self-isolation. Think logically. 

1 minute ago, er yir macaroon said:

Rangers are desperate to rest Tavernier, they’re involved in multiple competitions, and no doubt will be next year too. Patterson would have been in 2 weeks ago if it wasn’t for self-isolation. Think logically. 

Rests are for one game in a blue moon. Patterson needs continuous first team football now not a drip feed which will only stint his growth.

23 hours ago, wee-toon-red said:

How many 19 year olds have we “seen it all before with” in terms of three man of the match awards for a team of Chelsea’s standing and in the competitions Gilmour’s done it in?

We have had plenty of players break into teams at that age and be hyped up. I did say he looks better than previous efforts but still apprehensive until he is playing every week and consistently. See John Fleck etc etc

13 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

It’s every touch in the game. Not a selection of Hollywood passes. 

It says highlights.........it could have been cut to the good stuff and not the simple passes. Wasnt a criticism of him, just the length of the clip.

4 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Patterson with big boots to fill. Be good if gets a few games this season.

Is he any good at penalties?

11 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

Hopefully Celtic drop brown from now on which will work to our benefit. Mcgregor will up his game and Turnbull will get more game time. 

Won't happen