Scottish players in action 20/21 - Page 28 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 20/21

romanticscot

12 hours ago, GraemeTA said:

Got last few minutes. Never seen any of it. Positive that he's back from injury and back getting minutes and not been forgotten about. Hopefully force himself into some more starts in next few weeks

Yeah. Including injury time, he got about 13 minutes.

He's been out for 5 months so it'll take him a while to ger match fitness and sharpness. I just hope he gets in a lot of minutes from now till the end of the season and he stays clear of injury.

5 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Kevin Nisbet getting rave reviews last night on sportscene.

Highlighting his link up play as he was playing 10 - he could work well with Dykes or Griffiths for us. 

Good to see Hibs subbed him with 20 minutes to go. Avoid burn out and allows another young player to get some experience. Pity neither of our other top three teams think like that.

Goal and a good performance by the big striker... Adams for Southampton...miles ahead of McBurnie, sadly. Hate to say it, but we could do with Adams up front. If he keeps this up over the next 3 months it's going to pose a problem for Clarke. My heart says no way, but he appears our best forward option on ability and form.

Edited by killiefaetheferry

23 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Goal and a good performance by the big striker... Adams for Southampton...miles ahead of McBurnie, sadly. Hate to say it, but we could do with Adams up front. If he keeps this up over the next 3 months it's going to pose a problem for Clarke. My heart says no way, but he appears our best forward option on ability and form.

Sticks in my throat too but we do need a scoring alternative to Dykes.

1 hour ago, killiefaetheferry said:

So what is the craic with Adams. All I know is he wanted to play for england, bit is also eligible to play for Scotland. I googled him on wikipedia and it sais he is english. Has he been approached by Clarke? Has he turned us down in the past? We all want to win, but if in fact he was approached and said no, he should not be near our National team. Its unfair to the boys who got us to the Euros in my opinion.. Then again, I don't know the whole story. 

1 minute ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

So what is the craic with Adams. All I know is he wanted to play for england, bit is also eligible to play for Scotland. I googled him on wikipedia and it sais he is english. Has he been approached by Clarke? Has he turned us down in the past? We all want to win, but if in fact he was approached and said no, he should not be near our National team. Its unfair to the boys who got us to the Euros in my opinion.. Then again, I don't know the whole story. 

You pretty much nailed it there in a nutshell. 

He rejected us hoping to one day make the England squad. Its looking unlikely he will ever be a first team regular for England so he's been linked with us again now that we are going to the euros. 

Personally I think we should wait til after the euros and then ask him. If he's interested in helping us get to the World Cup then fair enough but it would be unfair on the guys who got us to the euros for him to come in now. 

3 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

You pretty much nailed it there in a nutshell. 

He rejected us hoping to one day make the England squad. Its looking unlikely he will ever be a first team regular for England so he's been linked with us again now that we are going to the euros. 

Personally I think we should wait til after the euros and then ask him. If he's interested in helping us get to the World Cup then fair enough but it would be unfair on the guys who got us to the euros for him to come in now. 

Good shout 👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

13 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Turnbull with an assist. Going to be difficult for Clarke to pick our centre midfield soon with so much talent there. I think guys like fleck and mclean will be retiring early in a couple of years to make way for guys like Gilmour and Turnbull. 

I’m happy for us to look to the future now and pick guys like Turnbull and Gilmour rather than fleck and Maclean who are never starters anyway. 

2 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

I’m happy for us to look to the future now and pick guys like Turnbull and Gilmour rather than fleck and Maclean who are never starters anyway. 

Yeh same here, even then its going to be tough to choose. Mctominay playing CB has helped a bit but theres still going to be Armstrong, mcgregor, Jack, Mcginn, Turnbull, Gilmour, christie all jostling for three spots for the next 4/5 years. I suppose Christie can play off the striker but Clarke may want him in midfield as well.

4 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Yeh same here, even then its going to be tough to choose. Mctominay playing CB has helped a bit but theres still going to be Armstrong, mcgregor, Jack, Mcginn, Turnbull, Gilmour, christie all jostling for three spots for the next 4/5 years. I suppose Christie can play off the striker but Clarke may want him in midfield as well.

By the looks of it Turnball and Christie appear to be competing for the same spot.

Hopefully Christie will get away from Parkhead in the January window so we can see just how good he is(stats wise he is the best midfielder in Scotland).

94% pass success rate for Turnball today including 8 key passes that is statistically as close to impossible as you get.

He could be some player.

23 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Why three spots? we are allowed to play other formations.

Back three stuff is ok in must not lose games, but if we play it all the way through the world cup qualifiers we won't qualify.

Just now, ceudmilefailte said:

Why three spots? we are allowed to play other formations.

Back three stuff is ok in must not lose games, but if we play it all the way through the world cup qualifiers we won't qualify.

Can't see Clarke switching from the 352 tbh. Even if he did it would probably be 451 which would still mean those guys are competing for three spots. Maybe Armstrong could play wide which I think he has for Southampton. Still tough to pick especially if Clarke is keen to stick with mcgregor and Jack. 

6 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Turnbull, Gilmour, Mctominay and McGinn are going to be our main midfielders for the next 10years...the rest are competing for squad places

Lol settle down. Turnbull has done well the past couple of games and Gilmour has only started a handful of games for Chelsea. Your already assuming they will be superstars. They look good but theres still mcgregor, christie and Armstrong who will be around for a few years at least. Armstrong has been excellent in the epl and really should be a starter imo. 

It is looking very promising for the future with regards the midfield. 

1 minute ago, mccaughey85 said:

Lol settle down. Turnbull has done well the past couple of games and Gilmour has only started a handful of games for Chelsea. Your already assuming they will be superstars. They look good but theres still mcgregor, christie and Armstrong who will be around for a few years at least. Armstrong has been excellent in the epl and really should be a starter imo. 

It is looking very promising for the future with regards the midfield. 

Also Forrest and Fraser for the more attacking positions.