Scottish Cup.... - Page 36 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup....

45 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Why are Celtic & Rangers not Willing to host the cup final, they’ve both done it before, maybe bit of sour grapes coz they both got papped out early doors. Bet if they’d both got to the final they would huv been happy to toss a coin to host it.

Relaying pitches seemingly.

4 hours ago, Morrisandmoo said:

To be fair even at level 0, the guidance says that we should only have 2000 folk in a stadium. Which sounds utter dug shite. Is the governemnt just making an exception for the Euros or is there separate guidance, in general, for football stadium?

Are they not hoping for no restrictions from mid July? 

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Looks like it. 

They say it's not political but losing the Euros would have been a vote loser. 

In which case that is utter pathetic from the government.

If I was SFA I wouldn't bother opening up considering the dug shite being served by the government. Instead I'd be pushing for a plan out of restrictions to plan around. 

4 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

Are they not hoping for no restrictions from mid July? 

The only thing I see on the website is a plan to level 0. But level 0 is still highly restricted with social distancing and restrictions on attendance (<2000 at open air stadiums). Have they set out a plan to no restructions? 

Looked here: Coronavirus (COVID-19) protection levels: what you can do - gov.scot (www.gov.scot)

5 hours ago, Morrisandmoo said:

To be fair even at level 0, the guidance says that we should only have 2000 folk in a stadium. Which sounds utter dug shite. Is the governemnt just making an exception for the Euros or is there separate guidance, in general, for football stadium?

Jason Leitch was asked about this on Off The Ball. He said the figures given by government eg. 2000 as quoted, are what clubs can admit without asking for additional permissions. He added that if the SFA want a larger crowd at the final they would require to liaise with government for approval, but didn't think it was unfeasible to have a larger number of fans at the game.

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Jason Leitch was asked about this on Off The Ball. He said the figures given by government eg. 2000 as quoted, are what clubs can admit without asking for additional permissions. He added that if the SFA want a larger crowd at the final they would require to liaise with government for approval, but didn't think it was unfeasible to have a larger number of fans at the game.

What a shite life we are in for. They really shouldn't be calling that level 0. 

SFA absolutely correct not to bother. 

2 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

St Johnstone pulling a fast one with their alleged 4 players out with COVID ?? Any Saints fans confirm ? 

The only saints fan the board had has been banned 🤣

10 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Cheers, bit of a blow that. Who are the 4 ??

I'm loathe to say, several posts have been deleted from social media groups, citing player confidentiality, which is all a nonsense given that its obvious as soon as the squads come out. 

Thankfully, it's no one in defence of any relevance. 

3 hours ago, saintydave said:

I'm loathe to say, several posts have been deleted from social media groups, citing player confidentiality, which is all a nonsense given that its obvious as soon as the squads come out. 

Thankfully, it's no one in defence of any relevance. 

I had a feeling it wouldn't be anyone of any note, if it was a guaranteed starter there is no way it wouldn't have been leaked. Shite for the 4 lads all the same. 

2 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

I had a feeling it wouldn't be anyone of any note, if it was a guaranteed starter there is no way it wouldn't have been leaked. Shite for the 4 lads all the same. 

1 defo would have started, 2 probably not, 1 defo not 

39 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

All the best anyway, may be see you in the final 🤦🏻

Going by recent cup final history between your two clubs I'm surprised you would want that to happen :yikes3:

Unfortunately I have no confidence playing against the Perth Saints, they always seem to have our number and well basically pump us. Cant see us winking this.

Nevertheless we’ve had a good season, no relegation battle for a change and 2 national semi finals.

Heres hoping we catch the Saintees on an off day but not holding my breath 🥲

46 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

I’m hoping St Mirren win the Cup but I fancy Hibs. If St Johnstone win it then their manager will be a strong contender for manager of the year. 

I am hoping for st Johnstone but only as a friend of steven McLean. First season as first team coach. If they win the Cup then I would say Davidson deserves manager of the year. Rangers were expected to put up a challenge but st Johnstone have surpassed everyone's expectations.. Still not won it yet right enough but hope they do.