Coronavirus - Page 98 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

The Times have absolutely crucified Johnson tomorrow - he may be in trouble

And Trumpy getting tore into China regards their honesty

29 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Times article without paywall

https://archive.is/20200418182037/https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/coronavirus-38-days-when-britain-sleepwalked-into-disaster-hq3b9tlgh

30 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

It's about time he's in charge and has got away wae murder. 

Trump trying desperately to cover his own arse. 

4 hours ago, Eisegerwind said:

Not impossible, difficult maybe, based on the science, anyone like to pick a number (yes, before anyone says, I know it's not just a numbers, it's  lives)?

I believe Boris is working on it after he completes this . 

On 3/28/2020 at 12:05 PM, TDYER63 said:

3098EC43-89F2-4BC4-83D0-5999678FF8D6.jpeg.16b78a65206ca29507d74a82217c3696.jpeg

Edited by TDYER63

9 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

3 step exit strategy.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.buzzfeed.com/amphtml/alexwickham/coronavirus-uk-lockdown-three-stage-exit-plan

• A “best case scenario” being worked on by the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (SAGE) hopes to end lockdown restrictions for certain non-essential shops and industries in the short-term, from early to mid-May.

• Some social distancing measures could then gradually be relaxed in the medium-term, in June and July, eventually leading to the reopening of pubs and restaurants towards the end of the summer.

• Long-term “shielding” for elderly and vulnerable people could mean the public being told they face limits on seeing over-70s parents or grandparents for as long as 12-18 months until a vaccine is found.

• The timeline relies on SAGE scientists calculating how many new COVID-19 infections per day the UK’s test and trace capabilities can manage, and an “impossible” political decision for Downing Street on how many deaths per day they are willing to accept in order to be able to lift some restrictions before there is a vaccine.

5 hours ago, Eisegerwind said:

Not impossible, difficult maybe, based on the science, anyone like to pick a number (yes, before anyone says, I know it's not just a numbers, it's  lives)?

2 hours ago, Farcity said:

Im busy just now, I'll produce my analysis later. 

Waiting.

24 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I believe Boris is working on it after he completes this . 

I believe you have, so go on give us a punt.

3 hours ago, Eisegerwind said:

Was hoping some of the the forum big brains could come on in this, but they seem more preoccupied with clapping. Anyway, 60.

49 minutes ago, bonzo said:

It's about time he's in charge and has got away wae murder. 

Trump trying desperately to cover his own arse. 

Hi, Mr Johnson, Could you tell me why you left your last employment. Yeah, well, it was all going ticketyboo, got leader of the party, Brexited, painted the oppositon as looney left anti-semites and then well the 'rona, what can I say, that's not what I bought into, no one warned me there was going to be a worldwide pandemic and I'm like and there like and well it all got a bit out of hand,  Oh yeah, advice I've got it coming from all directions, frankly they are all pissing in the wind, cause believe it or not  worldwide pandemics are not that common. Anyway.........

Edited by Eisegerwind

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Absolutely utterly damning. Johnson, Cummings, Hancock and the rest of them have blood on their hands. And even more damning the likes of the BBC will not, and have been ordered to, challenge this utter mounting scandal.

And the U.K. Government have the nerve to criticise the likes of China about press restrictions?

10 hours ago, Eisegerwind said:

It's not that difficult a calculation.

My figure is zero. Zero deaths per day, more than this then it becomes unacceptable. Death can never be acceptable, unless it's in s capital punishment sense but that's different. 

https://www.boston25news.com/news/cdc-reviewing-stunning-universal-testing-results-boston-homeless-shelter/Z253TFBO6RG4HCUAARBO4YWO64/

Of the 397 people tested, 146 people tested positive. Not a single one had any symptoms.

“It was like a double knockout punch. The number of positives was shocking, but the fact that 100 percent of the positives had no symptoms was equally shocking,” said Dr. Jim O’Connell, president of Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program, which provides medical care at the city’s shelters.

I suspect a good many of us have already had it and did not know it.

43 minutes ago, thplinth said:

https://www.boston25news.com/news/cdc-reviewing-stunning-universal-testing-results-boston-homeless-shelter/Z253TFBO6RG4HCUAARBO4YWO64/

Of the 397 people tested, 146 people tested positive. Not a single one had any symptoms.

“It was like a double knockout punch. The number of positives was shocking, but the fact that 100 percent of the positives had no symptoms was equally shocking,” said Dr. Jim O’Connell, president of Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program, which provides medical care at the city’s shelters.

I agree to an extent. I think it depends on the disease load of the country and when lockdowns were implemented.

Australia has tested nearly 420000 and had just over 6600 +ve. That makes me think the disease load and burden in the country is low. Especially when you take into account how many were from the Ruby Princess (what a monumental fvck up that is).

The UK appears to have a much higher burden. A reliable antibody test  becomes a priority if countries are going to open up. A caveat obviously is we need a clear picture of whether immunity is established.

Edited by beardy

12 hours ago, Eisegerwind said:

Was hoping some of the the forum big brains could come on in this, but they seem more preoccupied with clapping. Anyway, 60.

I don't think it's just the number of COVID deaths they are worried about. It's a more complicated judgement than that.

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

There is bad news and good news in there.

4 hours ago, Farcity said:

My figure is zero. Zero deaths per day, more than this then it becomes unacceptable. Death can never be acceptable, unless it's in s capital punishment sense but that's different. 

3 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I don't think it's just the number of COVID deaths they are worried about. It's a more complicated judgement than that.

There is a balance to be struck and I wouldnt like to be the one making the decision. There is a point where unnecessary deaths occurring  because of the lockdown become as worrying as the Covid deaths. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/health-51979654

I met someone today who has been hospitalised with Covid 19. Its left some mark on him, he's lost a lot of weight and looks very gaunt. His lungs are still fucked and he's on antibiotics for another 6 to 8 weeks. He's the first person I've come across who I actually know that's had this feckin thing. 

The fact that this particular virus is asymptomatic to seemingly half of folk makes it even more puzzling to me. Only makes the lack of willingness to test the UK population by our government more deliberately sinister.  
Part of their commitment toward their intended group immunity policy.