Coronavirus - Page 369 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

I have stupidly been listening to the BBC over the last few weeks and in the last few days they seemed to be pushing "should we not be stopping large events" now we are getting "its terrible that they have stopped big events".

1 minute ago, DAVIDB46 said:

We will keep going from restrictions to restrictions as your Scottish government knows what is best for you.

None of this making your own decisions and taking responsibility for your own actionsĀ 

Totally agree, I wish I could drink petrol then drive at 125mph outside a school while not wearing a seatbelt, why can't I make my own decisions.

Just now, Lamia said:

I think we just have to listen to any voxpop to see the answer to that!

That reminds me of the caller on the radio today who has had the booster but wasn't going to have any more vaccines. She said she was just going to do things to keep herself safe like breathing exercises, yoga and Reiki!Ā šŸ¤”

4 minutes ago, Lamia said:

I have stupidly been listening to the BBC over the last few weeks and in the last few days they seemed to be pushing "should we not be stopping large events" now we are getting "its terrible that they have stopped big events".

Thatā€™s essentially been BBC Scotland for the last two years. Just watching Reporting Scotland and theyā€™re quoting some unnamed bar owner in Aberdeen described the move back to table service as a ā€œknockout body blowā€. Ā Must be on the same drugs that the guy from Soul was dealing.Ā 

1 minute ago, aaid said:

Thatā€™s essentially been BBC Scotland for the last two years. Just watching Reporting Scotland and theyā€™re quoting some unnamed bar owner in Aberdeen described the move back to table service as a ā€œknockout body blowā€. Ā Must be on the same drugs that the guy from Soul was dealing.Ā 

You can always rely on the Aberdeen business community to froth SNPBad!

To be fair it is a blow to the hospitality industry. They are in the business of making money and they are being hamstrung from doing so. So of course they are going to not like it.

Sturgeon has made moves that will ultimately damage her, but is doing them for what she believes is a "greater good". Same with WElsh dude.

Ā 

I am going to be slightly controversial the constant testing is encouraging this to a degree. itā€™s not a positive test itā€™s what becomes of them that matters.

I am triple jabbed as requested Ā I have never taken a test once and I have no intentions of doing so unless I feel I am really ill

I felt I had flu a weeks ago and it didnā€™t feel great but I did not feel any different to any previous flu .

4 minutes ago, DAVIDB46 said:

I am going to be slightly controversial the constant testing is encouraging this to a degree. itā€™s not a positive test itā€™s what becomes of them that matters.

I am triple jabbed as requested Ā I have never taken a test once and I have no intentions of doing so unless I feel I am really ill

I felt I had flu a weeks ago and it didnā€™t feel great but I did not feel any different to any previous flu .

Can I ask how many times you've had the flu? I'm 55 years old and I've never had the flu, I've had colds even heavy colds but never the flu. I know people that have had the flu and they were absolutely wiped out.Ā 

Just now, bonzo said:

Can I ask how many times you've had the flu? I'm 55 years old and I've never had the flu, I've had colds even heavy colds but never the flu. I know people that have had the flu and they were absolutely wiped out.Ā 

Iā€™m actually 52 thought was 46 when I joined here . I would say I maybe get it about once every two yearsĀ 

13 minutes ago, phart said:

To be fair it is a blow to the hospitality industry. They are in the business of making money and they are being hamstrung from doing so. So of course they are going to not like it.

Sturgeon has made moves that will ultimately damage her, but is doing them for what she believes is a "greater good". Same with WElsh dude.

Ā 

Bringing back table service is a body blow? Ā Sorry Iā€™m not buying that.

Just now, aaid said:

Bringing back table service is a body blow? Ā Sorry Iā€™m not buying that.

I'm meaning more general, folk are changing behaviours especially in the run up to christmas and Sturgeon rightly asking people to limit contacts etc affect them. As opposed to any specific to todays announcement.

Just now, phart said:

I'm meaning more general, folk are changing behaviours especially in the run up to christmas and Sturgeon rightly asking people to limit contacts etc affect them. As opposed to any specific to todays announcement.

Which is fair enough, but what I was quoting from Reporting Scotland was specifically about table service.Ā 

30 minutes ago, DAVIDB46 said:

We cannot keep putting nhs staff on a pedestal they do a good job but this worshipping needs to stop.

Worshipping ? I'm certainly not.

Many people just being selfish at times about some trivial things and unappreciative of others IMO.

53 minutes ago, aaid said:

It is a knockout body blow for some. Our golf club will most likely miss out on a Ā£5-8k payday with two games being cancelled.Ā 
Ā 

Thays a hefty amount for a place already struggling to balance the books.Ā 

Just now, dandydunn said:

It is a knockout body blow for some. Our golf club will most likely miss out on a Ā£5-8k payday with two games being cancelled.Ā 
Ā 

Thays a hefty amount for a place already struggling to balance the books.Ā 

Whatā€™s that got to do with table service?

Dont watch what they say/grift watch what they do. They're just trying to make money off the gullible.

Vaccine Skeptic Robert Kennedy Jr. Asked to Head Trump 'Vaccination Safety' Committee

https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=200826

Ā 

Guests invited to a holiday party at the home of the leading anti-vaxxer Robert F Kennedy Jr were urged to be vaccinated or tested for Covid-19 because, Kennedy said, he is ā€œnot always the boss at my own houseā€

Ā 

Speaking to Politico, which reported the request before the party in California last week, Kennedy said his wife, the actor Cheryl Hines, was behind it.

He also said no effort was made to check if guests had been vaccinated or recently tested.

Amid widespread criticism, Doug Heye, a Republican operative, wrote: ā€œThe olā€™ blame-the-wife-for-wanting-people-to-be-safe-when-youā€™re-an-anti-vaxxer move. Classy.ā€

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/dec/18/robert-f-kennedy-jr-cheryl-hines-party-vaccinated-guests

"According to the WHO's European Region Covid19 Subnational Explorer data, Scotland has six of the top 100 regions in Europe with the highest number of Covid cases per 100,000.Ā 

London currently tops the entire graph, with 1,640 cases per 100,000.

Lothian is the only Scottish region within the top 20, however Lanarkshire is number 21.Ā 

The hotspots in Scotland per 100,000 according to theĀ World Health Organisation'sĀ dataĀ from the past 7Ā days are:

• Lothian: 904 cases per 100,000
  • Lanarkshire: 818 cases per 100,000
  • Greater Glasgow and Clyde: 770 cases per 100,000
  • Forth Valley: 753 cases per 100,000
  • Ayrshire and Arran: 729 cases per 100,000
  • Fife: 595 cases per 100,000"

Covid Scotland: 6 Scottish hotspots as Omicron cases rise | Glasgow Times

Ā 

1 hour ago, DAVIDB46 said:

Iā€™m actually 52 thought was 46 when I joined here . I would say I maybe get it about once every two yearsĀ 

You should get in touch with the Guinness Book of Records. That's extraordinary.

Would say I've had the flu a couple of times in my life.Ā