Coronavirus - Page 417 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/29/2022 at 2:19 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye, you see folk who seem almost desperate for another lockdown for some reason. Admittedly not many but strange seeing it on social media as soon as there is a wee jump. 

Haven’t seen a single person saying that. Funny how people are taking precautions over a couple of hot days but can’t take any simple steps to reduce the Covid risk though. 

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2022/08/why-the-chair-of-the-lancets-covid-19-commission-thinks-the-us-government-is-preventing-a-real-investigation-into-the-pandemic

“I chaired the commission for the Lancet for two years on COVID. I’m pretty convinced it came out of U.S. lab biotechnology, not out of nature, just to mention. After two years of intensive work on this. So it’s a blunder in my view of biotech, not an accident of a natural spillover. We don’t know for sure, I should be absolutely clear. But there’s enough evidence that it should be looked into. And it’s not being investigated, not in the United States, not anywhere. And I think for real reasons that they don’t want to look underneath the rug, the statement.”

• 1 month later...

Dont know about anyone else but last Sunday my young cousin came round and brought her 2 year old girl Isla

Isla hadnt been well for about 3 weeks before this but was "much better"

On Tuesday morning i knew something wasnt quite right but tried to ignore it

Come Tuesday night i was absolutely fucked - shivers, headache, sharp intakes of breath and painless exhales - all night and right through to the next day

So tired all i wanted was to sleep but as soon as i hit the pillow my mind started racing and REM sleep was impossible - does anybody know how brutal that is ?

I have been the very same every night since then and i stink even after coming out the shower

I have never been as unwell for such a long time - tested negative 3 times

Was actually hoping it was Covid

18 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Dont know about anyone else but last Sunday my young cousin came round and brought her 2 year old girl Isla

Isla hadnt been well for about 3 weeks before this but was "much better"

On Tuesday morning i knew something wasnt quite right but tried to ignore it

Come Tuesday night i was absolutely fucked - shivers, headache, sharp intakes of breath and painless exhales - all night and right through to the next day

So tired all i wanted was to sleep but as soon as i hit the pillow my mind started racing and REM sleep was impossible - does anybody know how brutal that is ?

I have been the very same every night since then and i stink even after coming out the shower

I have never been as unwell for such a long time - tested negative 3 times

Was actually hoping it was Covid

There are definitely bugs flying about. I felt like shit yesterday and it wasn't a hangover from the previous night. Face felt like it had a blowtorch taken to iy, shivering and had next to no energy whatsover. Like you, I tested negative for Covid even though what I had yesterday was similir to what I had when I had Covid back in March

3 hours ago, King Of Paisley said:

There are definitely bugs flying about. I felt like shit yesterday and it wasn't a hangover from the previous night. Face felt like it had a blowtorch taken to iy, shivering and had next to no energy whatsover. Like you, I tested negative for Covid even though what I had yesterday was similir to what I had when I had Covid back in March

Got my dreams back last night after 4 days ...and wish i hadnt

I realise sweating is the body's way of cooling itself down however when i woke up half way through the night the duvet covering me was soaking but the sheet i was lying on was dry

Fucking murder it's been

I've just got it for the first time after my hospital check up in Thurs.

I've been out and worked throughout the whole thing and been totally fine, raging that it's come from a check up at the hosp, although not surprised. 

Wonder if having been stuck in for 7 weeks with my injury if my immunity has dropped a bit too, just a theory. 

Anyway, sickness, the runs, shivering but sweating and the sore throat and cough. Had a really rough 24/36 hours and now just a bit shivery and tired with the throat and cough. 

.some laugh

9 hours ago, Kirk said:

I've just got it for the first time after my hospital check up in Thurs.

I've been out and worked throughout the whole thing and been totally fine, raging that it's come from a check up at the hosp, although not surprised. 

Wonder if having been stuck in for 7 weeks with my injury if my immunity has dropped a bit too, just a theory. 

Anyway, sickness, the runs, shivering but sweating and the sore throat and cough. Had a really rough 24/36 hours and now just a bit shivery and tired with the throat and cough. 

.some laugh

How do you know you caught it at the hospital?

10 hours ago, Kirk said:

.some laugh

So the flu then?

We had a 3rd birthday for my niece the other week, most folk ended up getting Covid. I never but i've had it a couple of times. 

Worst symptoms were those you state above and that was my dad who's in late 60s. All fully vaxxed. Seems to be the norm with anyone i've heard having it in last few months and that certainly wasn't the case last year. Hopefully that's the case going into the winter. 

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

So the flu then?

We had a 3rd birthday for my niece the other week, most folk ended up getting Covid. I never but i've had it a couple of times. 

Worst symptoms were those you state above and that was my dad who's in late 60s. All fully vaxxed. Seems to be the norm with anyone i've heard having it in last few months and that certainly wasn't the case last year. Hopefully that's the case going into the winter. 

Yeah wouldn't even say it's as bad as the flu, usually with the flu I'm totally bed ridden at its worse. I'm not feeling amazing but still moving about a bit at least.

Just annoyed ive avoided it so long and got hit with it from a hospital appointment.

19 hours ago, Orraloon said:

What about your family? Have they been stuck in the house as well?

My Mrs hasnt but she was fine until yesterday and now testing positive. 

I definitely caught it at the hospital and have now passed it on to her. 

Dont know why that's so hard for you to take in

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah anyone who has read the trial literally 2 years ago knows this.

It was tested against symptomatic infection not neutralising infection.

I think I've got a half dozen posts over the last 2 years in this thread making the same point.

In fact we were having the same discussion on 25th October last year about this on the vaccine passport thread.

Now I have no idea what politicians etc were saying but all the scientists in the field who I listened to informed me about it not being tested for neutralising infection, so it's only a surprise to the ill-informed. Or those pandering to a demographic.

Had my 2nd booster yesterday, the latest double action Pfizer one, along with a flu jab.  Asked for them both in the same arm and that looks like a good move as I've only got one sore arm.  Feel a bit shit but was feeling fairly shit before i got the jags anyway. That's me immortal for the next few months.

10 minutes ago, Alibi said:

Had my 2nd booster yesterday, the latest double action Pfizer one, along with a flu jab.  Asked for them both in the same arm and that looks like a good move as I've only got one sore arm.  Feel a bit shit but was feeling fairly shit before i got the jags anyway. That's me immortal for the next few months.

I had my second booster last week (the Pfizer one as well). Felt really shitty the day after, especially if I started to try and move around; felt fine by the day after that other than a bit of fatigue. Yet to have the flu jag, as I went to a Covid walk-in centre to have the booster and they weren't doing them there.

Moderna bivalent for me and also the Quadrivalent flu vaccine. I'm sure they normally have it set for the most common strains can't recall if it's ever been explicitly called that on the leaflet though.

Maybe cause I've seen bivalent for covid it's suddenly made me look at the flu one more closely. Baader-Meinhof style

Edited by phart

1 hour ago, phart said:

Moderna bivalent for me and also the Quadrivalent flu vaccine. I'm sure they normally have it set for the most common strains can't recall if it's ever been explicitly called that on the leaflet though.

Maybe cause I've seen bivalent for covid it's suddenly made me look at the flu one more closely. Baader-Meinhof style

It varies from year to year based on what has been circulating in other parts of the world.  I think it's been mostly trivalent in recent years but it's a while since I've paid much attention to it. Flu viruses are classified into 3 broad groups A, B and C. It's usually the A and B classes that cause severe disease. There has been a wee bit of concern about a Novel A flu virus passed from pigs to humans in the US this year, but we won't be getting vaccinated for that one yet.

• 2 months later...
19 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Nobody interested in Coronavirus since October

That is going to change really soon with what is happening in China 

There is no chance after 3 years of there ever been any lockdowns again, the mess this country is in, individually and collectively , it would bankrupt the UK.

We are paying the price almost three years later , brexit and Ukraine are factors as well of course .