Coronavirus - Page 413 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

Without going into the arguments too much, wearing a mask and suiting up in a hazmat suit are completely different things, functionally, cost-wise , procurement-wise. It's a poor line of reasoning.

We already know folk don't care in general our entire society is built on the exploitation of labour and the destruction of habitat and extinction of other species. Humans generally only care for their own sub-set of friends/family etc in the main. Conveinence and the path of least resistance is something we all do.

Seems the majority have decided not to mask up on public transport now. I wore one. As long as folk don't get arsey at me for wearing one , I don't really care if they wear one or not. No one seemed to bother with me wearing one though so was all good. I did have a few pre-planned lines ready in case someone said something though :P

34 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

What a load of bollocks you spout, I tested positive last Thursday & I can assure you itā€™s nothing like a cold.

ok, let me qualify thatā€¦. For the vast majority of people it isā€¦. Ā Each to their own, wear a mask if you want.

7 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

ok, let me qualify thatā€¦. For the vast majority of people it isā€¦. Ā Each to their own, wear a mask if you want.

It's a lot more complicated cause it is so contagious and for a certain subset of the population has a high IFR way beyond that of anything resembling a cold.

It's the effect on others through unmitigated transmission that is a worry but there seems a subset of the population that can only view it in the context of whether it affects them or not.

24 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Maybe I wasnā€™t clear enough, what I should have said is what a load of bollocks you spout on a lot of topics.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Do you walk around in a hazmat suit? Wait a minute, you don't? You selfish bastard

Honestly, have a word with yourselfĀ 

So not going to answer the question because you can't was my correct conclusion.Ā 

3 minutes ago, Lamia said:

So not going to answer the question because you can't was my correct conclusion.Ā 

Nope, I've no need to answer questions from a self righteous nobody on the tamb.

Just now, vanderark14 said:

Nope, I've no need to answer questions from a self righteous nobody on the tamb.

So it is self righteous to want to protect other people now is it. Ok fair enough. Any least that explains it.

2 minutes ago, Lamia said:

So it is self righteous to want to protect other people now is it. Ok fair enough. Any least that explains it.

No it's not, it's self righteous to question everybody and announce to everyone how you are protecting everyone and anyone who wears a mask is selfish.

Ā 

45 minutes ago, phart said:

Ā 

Seems the majority have decided not to mask up on public transport now. I wore one. As long as folk don't get arsey at me for wearing one , I don't really care if they wear one or not.Ā 

I would feel like that if wearing a mask was to protect myself but I feel so very sorry for people with underlying health conditions that have to brave public transport and people don't want to take the simple step of wearing a mask to reduce their risk

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

No it's not, it's self righteous to question everybody and announce to everyone how you are protecting everyone

Ā 

That is simply a fact! That is what masks are for so it stands to reason if you don't you are not thinking of others

3 minutes ago, Lamia said:

I would feel like that if wearing a mask was to protect myself but I feel so very sorry for people with underlying health conditions that have to brave public transport and people don't want to take the simple step of wearing a mask to reduce their risk

I have an underlying health condition and I use public transport and i dont need sympathy. I know quite a few people with underlying health issues because of mine and nobody is complaining about the lack of masks. The only people moaning are the likes of you.

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I have an underlying health condition and I use public transport and i dont need sympathy. I know quite a few people with underlying health issues because of mine and nobody is complaining about the lack of masks. The only people moaning are the likes of you.

I can assure you I am not the only one - if you don't care about the risks then that is fine that is up to you but you don't speak for everyone who is at risk or indeed those who are not obviously at risk who have not been able to return not work after Covid.

Just now, Lamia said:

I can assure you I am not the only one - if you don't care about the risks then that is fine that is up to you but you don't speak for everyone who is at risk or indeed those who are not obviously at risk who have not been able to return not work after Covid.

I know I don't speak for everyone and I'm not trying to. I'm telling you you have fuck all right to judge anyone.

I know I don't speak for everyone and I'm not trying to. I'm telling you you have fuck all right to judge anyone.

I will judge people who deserve to be judged and the likes of you won't stop me.

9 minutes ago, Lamia said:

I will judge people who deserve to be judged and the likes of you won't stop me.

Hahahahahahahahahaha you really are a joke. Try mums.net you would ficking thrive thereĀ 

Just now, vanderark14 said:

Hahahahahahahahahaha you really are a joke. Try mums.net you would ficking thrive thereĀ 

All you have are insults which tells us all we need to know about you

2 minutes ago, Lamia said:

All you have are insults which tells us all we need to know about you

If you're going to judge someone you've never met because they don't wear a mask the you dhould expect to be told to fuck right off. J

If you're going to judge someone you've never met because they don't wear a mask the you dhould expect to be told to fuck right off. J

Added to the ignore listĀ šŸ‘‹

51 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Maybe I wasnā€™t clear enough, what I should have said is what a load of bollocks you spout on a lot of topics.

Ā 

maybe I wasnā€™t clear enough, we all have our own views, Iā€™m sure I may think the same about some of yours.

19 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

COVID-19 vaccine surveillance report: week 15 (publishing.service.gov.uk)

First time I've seen a figure for % of 5-11 year olds who've taken it so thought it was interesting.Ā Ā 

Page 17 and think the data goes up to 10th April so be interesting see it again in a couple of weeks.Ā Ā 

I was at my friends son's 6th birthday party at weekend. With 2 other friends and their kids (plus a shit load of other kids) They've all had their first jag(EDIT:my friends kids, I wasn't asking weans their vaccine status). Out the 3 of them they have a child eligible each. Also my best mates 6 year old just got done as well.

Just goes to show why anecdotes isn't data! I was looking at the key then the graph then checking the key again till I noticed it right down the bottom!

The figure is 16% in Scotland mind you according to Travelling Tabby by way of PHS. The suveillance report is folk living in England. Also 4th of April was when the program was rolled out so first 6 days of data only.

Edited by phart