Coronavirus - Page 412 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

People are taking the fact that it is not a legal requirement to wear a mask means that you should stop wearing one. 

I really really want to hear the response from those choosing not to to the fact that masks are to protect others so they are making a personal choice about the health of others. I have yet to hear anyone challenged on this actually providing a defence of their position. 

1 hour ago, Lamia said:

People are taking the fact that it is not a legal requirement to wear a mask means that you should stop wearing one. 

Was always going to be that way.   Let's see the data in a couple of weeks and hope there's no casualties.

6 hours ago, Lamia said:

I really really want to hear the response from those choosing not to to the fact that masks are to protect others so they are making a personal choice about the health of others. I have yet to hear anyone challenged on this actually providing a defence of their position. 

I went into Edinburgh today i wore a mask

80% of fellow travellers didn't

11 hours ago, Lamia said:

It’s probably people making the same choice that Nicola Sturgeon made at the Prince Philip Memorial Service the other week. 

3 hours ago, Malcolm said:

I’m not wearing a mask anymore, looking forward to getting back to normal life.  The exception to that is when I am visting someone in hospital.

Why don't you care about anyone else? Wearing a mask is to protect others from you so why don't you want to do that?

29 minutes ago, Lamia said:

Why don't you care about anyone else? Wearing a mask is to protect others from you so why don't you want to do that?

Jesus, calm down Karen. Not wearing a mask now means not caring about others 🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, Lamia said:

because the virus, now it’s mutated and people are vaccinated is no different to a cold and I didn’t wear a mask for a cold.

50 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

because the virus, now it’s mutated and people are vaccinated is no different to a cold and I didn’t wear a mask for a cold.

Thats a bit simplistic. Much as I hate them,  I am wearing a mask on transport and in supermarkets as the NHS is continuing to see high numbers of staff and patients affected by this. They are already under a massive strain due to back logs , you have no idea who the people are sitting next to you on the train or standing in the supermarket queue. They could be a nurse in a loved one’s ICU ward, or in a care home.  It requires very little effort to wear a mask, it takes a lot more effort to keep a Respitatory patient alive. People are moaning about never getting a doctors appointment or their delayed hospital appointment, but are willing to discard their mask at the first opportunity. 

Unlike Ally I dont think people not wearing masks are cunts, but I do have an unspoken respect for the people that are making the effort to wear them. 

https://www.bmj.com/content/377/bmj.o981

Staffing problems

On 12 April some 20 032 patients were in UK hospitals with covid, including 378 patients in ventilation beds.2Admissions seem to have peaked around 29 March. In England 1792 patients were admitted to hospital with covid on 12 April, down 15% on a week earlier.

Health services continue to experience staffing problems, with almost 200 000 NHS staff absent because of covid in a single week.3

7 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Jesus, calm down Karen. Not wearing a mask now means not caring about others 🤣🤣🤣

Of course it does - wearing a mask protects others from you so obviously if you don't wear one you don't care about others. How else would you explain it?

5 hours ago, Malcolm said:

It might be no different than a cold for some people but it isn't for all and by you not swearing one you increase those people's risk - you want to explain that away so you don't look selfish clearly

5 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Eilish McColgan took 6 weeks to fully recover - that isn't a cold. There are loads of people who struggle to get back to full fitness and some have yet to do so. 

Edited by Lamia

It is a serious virus, and it can drag on, but unfortunately that is life now…… if you want to bubble everything life is impacted. Thankfully people are not dying….. or even being hospitalised ….. to a great extent now.

As has been said many times, it’s the balance between asymptomatic nhs staff being allowed to work and the risk to the patients. No simple answer but masks for ever ……. nah. I think you are overreacting and now see them as essential protection for ever.

it’s like the sterilisation of everything, it’s not good for mankind….. we need bugs to build resistance.

30 minutes ago, ger intae them said:

No simple answer but masks for ever ……. nah.

Why not? Doesn't have to be every setting or all the time. Just when prevalence is high and in certain circumstances. No big deal and better than not being able to work again potentially.

Edited by Lamia

16 hours ago, Lamia said:

Of course it does - wearing a mask protects others from you so obviously if you don't wear one you don't care about others. How else would you explain it?

You've got me, I don't care about others. 🤣

What a state to get yourself in

16 hours ago, Lamia said:

It might be no different than a cold for some people but it isn't for all and by you not swearing one you increase those people's risk - you want to explain that away so you don't look selfish clearly

Hoes the view up there on your high horse? 

29 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

You've got me, I don't care about others. 🤣

What a state to get yourself in

Maybe you could actually explain why not wearing a mask to protect others doesn’t make someone selfish. Or maybe you can’t. 

1 hour ago, Lamia said:

Maybe you could actually explain why not wearing a mask to protect others doesn’t make someone selfish. Or maybe you can’t. 

Do you walk around in a hazmat suit? Wait a minute, you don't? You selfish bastard

Honestly, have a word with yourself 

23 hours ago, Malcolm said:

What a load of bollocks you spout, I tested positive last Thursday & I can assure you it’s nothing like a cold.