Squad announcement for Russia/Belgium. - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Squad announcement for Russia/Belgium.

marinello

32 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Theres a video doing the rounds from twitter. Some seem to think its mcburnie at his sheff united match saying be Hope's he isn't called up for scotland.

I'm firmly in the camp that has no clue what's being said.

Just seen it. 

Doesn’t look good. We don’t know the context but it’s pretty obvious. 

Clearly says ‘I hope not’ when asked by John Fleck if ‘he’s going away?’

Also says ‘you’re going to make me go on my own’ in this conversation and also seems to say ‘it’s shite’ but is less clear. 

20 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

That McBurnie clip does not make good viewing

It doesn’t if they are actually talking about playing for Scotland. 

The fact it’s Fleck he’s talking to does make it look bad but they could’ve been talking about anything. 

Surely McBurnie knew he was going to be in the squad?

6 minutes ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Just seen it. 

Doesn’t look good. We don’t know the context but it’s pretty obvious. 

Clearly says ‘I hope not’ when asked by John Fleck if ‘he’s going away?’

Also says ‘you’re going to make me go on my own’ in this conversation and also seems to say ‘it’s shite’ but is less clear. 

It’s hardly obvious. They could have been talking about anything. 

If it does turn out to be about Scotland then they can both GTF. 

Fleck is injured at the moment and probably wouldn’t have made the squad anyway but if McBurnie pulls out then we’ll have a better idea. 

7 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

It’s hardly obvious. They could have been talking about anything. 

If it does turn out to be about Scotland then they can both GTF. 

Fleck is injured at the moment and probably wouldn’t have made the squad anyway but if McBurnie pulls out then we’ll have a better idea. 

McBurnie asks Fleck if he is injured in the video. 

What other context would McBurnie be ‘going away’ with Fleck only within the Sheffield United squad and matter if Fleck was injured. 

He’s probably just acting the big man with his new mates but this seems like a dick move. It at least needs an honest explanation and a word with the manager. 

11 minutes ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

McBurnie asks Fleck if he is injured in the video. 

What other context would McBurnie be ‘going away’ with Fleck only within the Sheffield United squad and matter if Fleck was injured. 

He’s probably just acting the big man with his new mates but this seems like a dick move. It at least needs an honest explanation and a word with the manager. 

Fleck isn’t a regular in the squad so it would seem odd for McBurnie to reply with ‘are you’ and ‘are you injured’. 

Fleck clearly wasn’t injured at the time if they were getting ready to start a match so that’s also strange. 

Who knows? We’ll see whether McBurnie pulls out or not. There could be an innocent explanation. 

4 minutes ago, daviebee said:

Not sure how anyone can say that he hopes not to be called up and that it's sh*te from that incomprehensible exchange. I hope it's not true anyway.

As I said earlier, people will only hear what they want to hear.

It's a "not proven" from me.

2 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

As I said earlier, people will only hear what they want to hear.

It's a "not proven" from me.

'Not proven' for me too. Lots of fans marking his card though.

Good performances against Russia and Belgium will sort that out.

Let's hope that motivates him. :ok:

5 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

It's hard to decipher what's being said in that video. Can anyone translate?

The bloke in the black asks him 'have you made the call up?' inaudible conversation, then Fleck pipes up 'are you away', so McBurnie says 'i hope not'. Then asks Fleck 'have you' (assuming 'been called up'). McBurnie then says 'are you injured' (which he supposedly is atm) and 'are you going to leave me to go on my own?'. Then he says something before 'it's rubbish' (not 100% but sounds like 'need to get out of it').

It's mainly a conversation between him and the only other Scotland international about something that rules Fleck out because of injury. I'd be very surprised if it wasn't about playing for Scotland

Edited by Bobby Russell's Lovechild

32 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

The bloke in the black asks him 'have you made the call up?' inaudible conversation, then Fleck pipes up 'are you away', so McBurnie says 'i hope not'. Then asks Fleck 'have you' (assuming 'been called up'). McBurnie then says 'are you injured' (which he supposedly is atm) and 'are you going to leave me to go on my own?'. Then he says something before 'it's rubbish' (not 100% but sounds like 'need to get out of it').

It's mainly a conversation between him and the only other Scotland international about something that rules Fleck out because of injury. I'd be very surprised if it wasn't about playing for Scotland

After listening to it a few times I'm thinking after he asks "are you injured?" and "are you leaving me on my own?" he says "that's shite" not "its shite".  At least I hope so anyway!  If he doesn't want to play he's under no obligation to!  Why would he even bother his arse if he didnt want to?

10 minutes ago, kwhitelaw said:

After listening to it a few times I'm thinking after he asks "are you injured?" and "are you leaving me on my own?" he says "that's shite" not "its shite".  At least I hope so anyway!  If he doesn't want to play he's under no obligation to!  Why would he even bother his arse if he didnt want to?

I am willing to gI’ve him the benefit of the doubt, he seemed genuinely excited when called up. He spoke about his dad and how his dad raised him and his brothers as rangers fans. 

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

I am willing to gI’ve him the benefit of the doubt, he seemed genuinely excited when called up. He spoke about his dad and how his dad raised him and his brothers as rangers fans. 

Problem is, it was press interviews. Players are always going to say good things about being called up. He's not going to says he's not really bothered

Hopefully Steve Clarke will be on the phone if McBurnie himself hasn't been already.  Simple question, do you want to play for us or not?  If not, get Griffiths in.  Disappointing if a young lad at the start of his career doesn't want to play for his country but no-one forces you. 

Edited by Hertsscot

10 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Fleck clearly wasn’t injured at the time if they were getting ready to start a match so that’s also strange. 

To me, it looks like they're in their training gear (no numbers on their shirts). Fleck is in jogging bottoms and actually says to Mcburnie he's injured

Edited by Bobby Russell's Lovechild

Guest ElChris04

only keeper called up who has kept a clean sheet this season - MacGillvery

Jack-Hanley-Cooper-Robertson 

McGinn-McGregor

Forrest-Christie-Fraser

Griffiths - after the McBurnie video I hope Clarke drops him and calls up Griff to start