Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 222 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

29 minutes ago, DOUBLE A said:

Lewis Morgan with a couple of cracking goals in MLS 

That second goal is brilliant, laid off by Higuain. MLS is bizarre. 

Would have thought him and Russell were close to a call up but there might be restrictions on US based players? 

We could do with another winger in the squad.

Edited by Super_Scotlandfan

11 hours ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Henderson scored again today for Lecce. Seems to be thriving.

Interesting one, good player but probably needs to be in Serie A before he will be looked at.

Bologna v Benevento today - if Hickey starts again & is regularly involved he should bypass the under 21s and be switched to a right back for us IMO

3 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Worth pointing out that Fraser did well once he came on as sub last night. Hit the post in midst of winning a penalty and went close with a 40-yard chip that almost caught the keeper off the line.

Must've needed to hit the ball with a fair bit of force from that distance.  Let's hope he didn't chip a toenail as well in the process.

22 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Tom McIntyre on as sub for Reading after 61 minutes.

He came on in defensive midfield, which was surprising although Reading are lacking central midfield options at the moment with a number of injuries to more established options.

1 minute ago, Clyde1998 said:

He came on in defensive midfield, which was surprising although Reading are lacking central midfield options at the moment with a number of injuries to more established options.

Noticed that too, but it did help Reading hold on to their one goal lead.

Still 21 though and it will be interesting to see how he develops 

5 hours ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

That second goal is brilliant, laid off by Higuain. MLS is bizarre. 

Would have thought him and Russell were close to a call up but there might be restrictions on US based players? 

We could do with another winger in the squad.

Hope we can do better than Russel. but then again.......

Morgan, according to my beloved who scored is the 8th best player in the MLS which considering he is playing for one of the worst teams over there is pretty impressive.

He also got the highest one game rating for a Scottish player in last years Europa league 

Turned 24 last month though so needs to get a move on.

4 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Noticed that too, but it did help Reading hold on to their one goal lead.

Still 21 though and it will be interesting to see how he develops 

I was listening to the game on the radio and it sounded like he fitted in well in defensive midfield. He certainly needs game time though to stop him from stagnating like so many others have before.

Apparently the club have put the feeder out for a loan (backed up by the club loaning another centre-back since the season has started), but I've heard nothing more for a couple of weeks. With injuries - in central midfield and right back - the club may be more reluctant to loan him out right now, as he'll be an option as a defensive minded midfielder and one of the potential centre-back options the club has is currently playing right-back (leaving only one alternative there, the new loanee, outwith McIntyre before you start dipping into the teenager pool).

Although, as I'm writing this, Reading have loaned a defensive midfielder - so perhaps he won't be needed as cover in the way, allowing a loan to take place.

26 minutes ago, DAVIDB46 said:

You see how little mcburnie is offering to this game and somehow he is going to turn it on us on Thursday .

it just doesn’t seem very likely does it.

Stats wise just as little as Burke which was also next to nothing.

Easy to see McBurnie put in next to no effort now his chances of starting have dropped.

Back in the Championship with Dykes soon and it will be pretty obvious who the better player is.

45 minutes ago, DAVIDB46 said:

You see how little mcburnie is offering to this game and somehow he is going to turn it on us on Thursday .

it just doesn’t seem very likely does it.

I'd say that he's behind Dykes and Shankland as our primary striker right now, and possibly Burke, so I'd reckon he's primarily in the squad as a back up option rather than as anyone who's likely to start.

I'd hope that statement is true anyway, as both Dykes and Shakland seem much more interested and seem to offer more than McBurnie.