This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 213 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

8 hours ago, XB52 said:

Exactly. Hearts stand against the bigots has cost us hundreds of thousands of pounds. Meanwhile these two clubs actively encourage them and take in the millions 

What have Hearts done? I'm not doubting you as Anne Budge does come over as a bit of a hard liner but I've not seen any reports etc. Probably just me missing them but I'd be interested to see what is different about Hearts to see what the Rangers excuse is. 

3 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

What have Hearts done? I'm not doubting you as Anne Budge does come over as a bit of a hard liner but I've not seen any reports etc. Probably just me missing them but I'd be interested to see what is different about Hearts to see what the Rangers excuse is. 

Closed down a section, but moved those within the section to other areas of the ground.

So, to answer your question, not a great deal.

1 hour ago, Terry Munro said:

Closed down a section, but moved those within the section to other areas of the ground.

Surely it's more than that? That doesn't sound like an awful lot. 

15 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Surely it's more than that? That doesn't sound like an awful lot. 

I think they’ve identified and banned quite a few people over the last couple of seasons that have been involved in various incidents. They’ve also come out and made it clear people involved are not welcome... (with no whataboutery).

As said above, they closed a section of the ground where trouble had been identified. I suppose they couldn’t ban everyone in a section, but at least did something.

9 hours ago, Terry Munro said:

The same thing Celtic done with the green brigade a few years ago then?

7 minutes ago, bonzo said:

The same thing Celtic done with the green brigade a few years ago then?

Celtic banned the Green Brigade (and non members who happened to be at the front of safe standing) for two games and they weren't moved elsewhere over the "undefeated army banner".

7 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

Celtic banned the Green Brigade (and non members who happened to be at the front of safe standing) for two games and they weren't moved elsewhere over the "undefeated army banner".

I must of remembered it wrong then.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/dec/09/celtic-suspends-green-brigade-fans-motherwell

As I remember it Celtic banned the green brigade, then let them back in, but not in the usual section for a game against Motherwell in a week that was good to bury bad news. A few weeks later and all was back to normal.

This was way before the safe standing section.

Things seem to have improved, as the relationship seemed pretty toxic for a while with the GB appearing to believe they were bigger than the club.

8 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I think they’ve identified and banned quite a few people over the last couple of seasons that have been involved in various incidents. They’ve also come out and made it clear people involved are not welcome... (with no whataboutery).

As said above, they closed a section of the ground where trouble had been identified. I suppose they couldn’t ban everyone in a section, but at least did something.

So nothing different from any of the other clubs then? 

I had assumed from the post I quoted there was loads of work being done to weed out the scum but it sounds very similar to what both Rangers and Celtic do, albeit more wholeheartedly than the OF. 

41 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

So nothing different from any of the other clubs then? 

I had assumed from the post I quoted there was loads of work being done to weed out the scum but it sounds very similar to what both Rangers and Celtic do, albeit more wholeheartedly than the OF. 

Rangers pander to the dafty element of their support with their ridiculous statements, orange away tops....

Celtic gave the worst behaved section of their support a safe standing section.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Rangers pander to the dafty element of their support with their ridiculous statements, orange away tops....

Celtic gave the worst behaved section of their support a safe standing section.

Rangers are corporately two faced. They fund education programmes, join in all of the schemes etc. but as you say bring out "Tangerine" tops. 

Not often that a Dundee fan gets to look at other teams strikers and think that they are worse, but Stevie May and James Wilson, take a bow guys, you are both fucking awful. Cant believe Wilson was at Man Utd.

38 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Congratulations to Celtic, another title. Another 2 goals will do me backed 0-4 at 22/1.

Do you think they scored the 3rd and thought, no more, let's stuff Lairdy's coupon? 😉

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

Not often that a Dundee fan gets to look at other teams strikers and think that they are worse, but Stevie May and James Wilson, take a bow guys, you are both fucking awful. Cant believe Wilson was at Man Utd.

Can’t believe I’m going to say this but Wilson has something about him and I thought he was ok today. He missed a couple of sitters today granted. Maybe that tells you how starved Dons’ fans are of anything decent up front. 

May. Completely agree. Absolute joke of a football player.