This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 190 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

14 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Come on, that's not what he said. 

It’s not however I don’t see why Rolling Hills condemning fans throwing things at players results in him having to defend, or otherwise, Rangers having an Armed Forces day? 

7 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

It’s not however I don’t see why Rolling Hills condemning fans throwing things at players results in him having to defend, or otherwise, Rangers having an Armed Forces day? 

Dunno, ask the guy that poster it.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Come on, that's not what he said. 

It pretty much is what he said, from what I can see. It may not be what he means, which is why I'm asking. 

You also have a point and i may be misinterpreting him, but again it's better to ask to be clear. 

31 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Do they really care about the cannon fodder or is it really about "lets get it right up ra tims !" ?

I don't see the correlation. Showing support to the Armed forces has Feck all to do with any other football team. 

Remember there are a large number of Unionists in the support and they do support, fairly fervently, the forces. A lot of them probably have family in the forces. 

8 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I don't see the correlation. Showing support to the Armed forces has Feck all to do with any other football team. 

Remember there are a large number of Unionists in the support and they do support, fairly fervently, the forces. A lot of them probably have family in the forces. 

Aww now ain't that sweet ?

7 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Aww now ain't that sweet ?

And there we have it. You couldn't care less why Rangers run an armed forces day. You'll just use whatever they do as something to twist into your wee Rangers hard-on. 

You're every bit as much the bigot as the scum you're sagging off. 

3 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Word on the street is they are planning on pulling out all the stops this year with the Parachute Regiment doing a full a full bayonet charge at half time, butchering  life size straw dolls dressed  as Gerry Adams,  Anton Rogan and Simple Minds Jim Kerr.

STAUNCH 

And Jeremy Corbyn don't forget him. 

Edited by bonzo

47 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

And there we have it. You couldn't care less why Rangers run an armed forces day. You'll just use whatever they do as something to twist into your wee Rangers hard-on. 

Back up a bit there.

Are there pills on the NHS to prevent a "wee Rangers hard-on" or a "wee Celtic hard on" or "a wee Aberdeen hard on" ?

Edited by ErsatzThistle

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Shine a mirror on yirself!

7 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Back up a bit there.

Are there pills on the NHS to prevent a "wee Rangers hard-on" or a "wee Celtic hard on" or "a wee Aberdeen hard on" ?

Doubt it. You're just a troll with absolutely nothing intelligent to say. 

There was a very good article in the Motherwell programme yesterday. Well worth a read.

I really like the way 'Well are being run at present. You can tell Allan Burrows is a proper football fan.

16 hours ago, Debian said:

Is there a racial hatred towards James Tavernier in Scotland... 

By going down this road, Rangers fans are in danger of making the 'missile' issue something that it clearly isn't...trying to put myself into the head of the individuals who threw objects (a pie, and a lighter amongst others) at Mr Tavernier, I'd suggest that it had the square root of fuck all to do with his ethnic background or skin tone, but more to do with stealing 10 yards at a throw-in, directly in front of the Motherwell fans who are most volatile (but not very). 

15 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Why is this the craze now? Ultras? Ultra dicks. Get the cctv straight on to them at every game. Pricks.

I'd suggest that the 'ultras' in any support are continually walking the tightrope between being a positive/negative influence on their club. Motherwells ultras, have been on the go for a long-time now, and have in general terms been a consistent positive, both on the atmosphere at Motherwell games and on one or two initiatives that they have lead or backed. However, as with every group of people, you'll get one or two who from time-to-time make a cunt of it. 

As an aside to this, there seems to be some sort of mass hysteria going on with the, 'players must be protected' campaign, and while I fully agree that players should be protected, I do think that overall, we seem to be making a mountain out of a molehill. 

7 minutes ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

I'd suggest that the 'ultras' in any support are continually walking the tightrope between being a positive/negative influence on their club. Motherwells ultras, have been on the go for a long-time now, and have in general terms been a consistent positive, both on the atmosphere at Motherwell games and on one or two initiatives that they have lead or backed. However, as with every group of people, you'll get one or two who from time-to-time make a cunt of it. 

As an aside to this, there seems to be some sort of mass hysteria going on with the, 'players must be protected' campaign, and while I fully agree that players should be protected, I do think that overall, we seem to be making a mountain out of a molehill. 

I think the recent surge of lighters, coins, pies, fireworks and fucking coconuts being lobbed in the direction of players/managers/refs is exactly the type of thing we should be making a mountain out of.  It's unacceptable and not the type of thing we should be playing down.  As well as the obvious physical harm it could cause it doesn't exactly paint out game in the best light and when we're scraping around trying to secure the best TV deals possible the last thing we want is to come across as a backwater nation full of neanderthals.  It's needs rooted out and quickly.

1 minute ago, Fairbairn said:

I think the recent surge of lighters, coins, pies, fireworks and fucking coconuts being lobbed in the direction of players/managers/refs is exactly the type of thing we should be making a mountain out of.  It's unacceptable and not the type of thing we should be playing down.  As well as the obvious physical harm it could cause it doesn't exactly paint out game in the best light and when we're scraping around trying to secure the best TV deals possible the last thing we want is to come across as a backwater nation full of neanderthals.  It's needs rooted out and quickly.

...and I agree that it needs to stop.

However, I believe there are far bigger issues that need to be dealt with, and have needed to be dealt with for over 100 years, that really make us look like a nation full of neanderthals. A coconut, a lighter, a pie, a couple of coins...screams to me that there are some fucking eejits out there. 5000 people in a stand singing they are up to their knees in fenian blood, tells me we are a nation that is over run with neanderthals. 

46 minutes ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

By going down this road, Rangers fans are in danger of making the 'missile' issue something that it clearly isn't...trying to put myself into the head of the individuals who threw objects (a pie, and a lighter amongst others) at Mr Tavernier, I'd suggest that it had the square root of fuck all to do with his ethnic background or skin tone, but more to do with stealing 10 yards at a throw-in, directly in front of the Motherwell fans who are most volatile (but not very). 

Go take a fuck to yourself.  Trying to steal 10 yards so let's bombard him with objects.  So they have these things readily available just in case a player does this at each game! What a nutter you are. 

I suppose he was stealing 10 yards at Hibs too ...

59 minutes ago, Parklife said:

There was a very good article in the Motherwell programme yesterday. Well worth a read.

I really like the way 'Well are being run at present. You can tell Allan Burrows is a proper football fan.

Aye, it's a good read, and worth fair consideration. The stat on arrests is wildly inaccurate though. 6 arrests from a packed Celtic Park doesn't equal 1%.

23 minutes ago, Debian said:

Go take a fuck to yourself.  Trying to steal 10 yards so let's bombard him with objects.  So they have these things readily available just in case a player does this at each game! What a nutter you are. 

I suppose he was stealing 10 yards at Hibs too ...

You're clearly struggling with the concept of me trying to understand what was going through the young lads head who threw the object...I'd also suggest your use of emotive words such as 'bombard', is going just a wee bit overboard. As for 'readily available', I'd imagine the lighter was in his pocket and a pie in his hand so, aye, pretty much readily available.

You do the whole thing no good though, by trying to paint this as some sort of racist vendetta against the player.

Out of curiosity does this happen in england? Dont watch english football so dont know the answer. As i said cctv should be used better nowadays. These ultras do add a bit of noise and colour but throwing stuff at players crosses the line.

Edited by Rolling hIlls
Edit no pun intended !