This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 191 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

57 minutes ago, Debian said:

Go take a fuck to yourself.  Trying to steal 10 yards so let's bombard him with objects.  So they have these things readily available just in case a player does this at each game! What a nutter you are. 

I suppose he was stealing 10 yards at Hibs too ...

I don’t think anyone is saying he should be getting stuff thrown at him.

Just trying to give some context to what happened. Absolutely no excuse, but these morons don’t need much excuse.

I am curious about the coconut at tynecastle. Who takes a coconut to the football?

”want a pie?”

”no, I’m fine I’m just going to have this coconut “

32 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Out of curiosity does this happen in england? Dont watch english football so dont know the answer. As i said cctv should be used better nowadays. These ultras do add a bit of noise and colour but throwing stuff at players crosses the line.

I mean, Grealish literally got punched in the back of the head last month, so I'd say they've got some issues down south too.

1 hour ago, Debian said:

Go take a fuck to yourself.  Trying to steal 10 yards so let's bombard him with objects.  So they have these things readily available just in case a player does this at each game! What a nutter you are. 

I suppose he was stealing 10 yards at Hibs too ...

Bombard? Calm down.

If only you were as quick to condemn the utter pond life that follow your side - I mean, was only last month they were throwing seats at fans at Pittodrie and on the pitch at ER, not to mentioned their usual 90 mins of bigotry each week. I don't think anyone is condoning throwing objects at players.

8 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

I mean, Grealish literally got punched in the back of the head last month, so I'd say they've got some issues down south too.

Thats right. Acht u will get them every country i suppose. Just hopefully a spike up here at the moment and will pass. Taking a coconut in to a game seems quite funny at first. But surely that person intended to throw it at someone on the park. I am sure the guy with lighter never did that but lost the rag. Crazy.

50 minutes ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

You do the whole thing no good though, by trying to paint this as some sort of racist vendetta against the player.

I find the sudden desperation from Huns to brand all and sundry racists beyond hilarious given their track record for intolerance that is still alive and kicking to this day.

On 8/19/2018 at 10:44 AM, macy37 said:

Thank goodness for Albion Rovers at present or the Wee Gers would be fighting it out themselves.

The 6/1 I got in them still feels like it’ll give me a return however.

After attending a few of their games recently I’ve a feeling that I’ll be shortly counting my money. If we go into the play off there’s only one winner and it isn’t BRFC.

3 hours ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Aye, it's a good read, and worth fair consideration. The stat on arrests is wildly inaccurate though. 6 arrests from a packed Celtic Park doesn't equal 1%.

Yeah. I think they mean 0.0001%

2 hours ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

You're clearly struggling with the concept of me trying to understand what was going through the young lads head who threw the object...I'd also suggest your use of emotive words such as 'bombard', is going just a wee bit overboard. As for 'readily available', I'd imagine the lighter was in his pocket and a pie in his hand so, aye, pretty much readily available.

You do the whole thing no good though, by trying to paint this as some sort of racist vendetta against the player.

It's almost like he doesn't actually give a fuck about the issue and just wants to point score...

You're clearly struggling with the concept of me trying to understand what was going through the young lads head who threw the object...I'd also suggest your use of emotive words such as 'bombard', is going just a wee bit overboard. As for 'readily available', I'd imagine the lighter was in his pocket and a pie in his hand so, aye, pretty much readily available.

So these guys do it to every right back or left winger on their side every second week? Why was he targeted. I'm 99.9% certain it isn't racism.

This boy Debian is clearly a weirdo to be fair

You're the one saying he deserves it for stealing a few yards.  NO!

Not any instance of this, the coconut, fans singing, chairs being thrown Is acceptable.  Why is this so hard to comprehend?  I'd gladly take strict liability if it weeds out the idiots and scum who do this at Scottish game at the detriment of some points being wiped off.  It'll soon be stopped and clubs start to take some actual notice and male steps to stop the crap.  

Edited by Debian

5 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

If you were to go back and read the post again without flying off the handle then you'd probably realise that at no stage did anyone suggest he deserved it.

He's made this the reason for it happening. We know it's not - it's because they're scumbags.  There's no excuse at all.  

40 minutes ago, Debian said:

You're the one saying he deserves it for stealing a few yards.  NO!

Not any instance of this, the coconut, fans singing, chairs being thrown Is acceptable.  Why is this so hard to comprehend?  I'd gladly take strict liability if it weeds out the idiots and scum who do this at Scottish game at the detriment of some points being wiped off.  It'll soon be stopped and clubs start to take some actual notice and male steps to stop the crap.  

Where did I say he deserved it...you're the one displaying huge difficulties in comprehension.

You're racism patter is up there with that of the Laryea Kingston escapade a few years back now...Kingston dived in a match at Fir Park, for the remainder of the game he was boo'd by a fair chunk of the home support. The media of the time, decided to forget about his diving and claimed the 'well support boo'd him because he was black. 

Mind the time McCulloch got poked in the eye with a stick at the same end of the ground, or Barry Ferguson got a ball flung in his face from the East Stand, or the time Ross Wallace got a kick in the arse from a fan who invaded the pitch, or the time Jim Leighton got banjoed off an invader from the Cooper end???? Yes, thats right, Lee, Barry, Ross and Jim are all white...

...the racism patter is fucking nonsense.

37 minutes ago, Debian said:

He's made this the reason for it happening. We know it's not - it's because they're scumbags.  There's no excuse at all.  

He offered up a suggestion. A suggestion which was 10 times more likely than racism. The reason is, of course, the one you've noted above. It happened because they're arseholes.

18 minutes ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

You're racism patter is up there with that of the Laryea Kingston escapade a few years back now...Kingston dived in a match at Fir Park, for the remainder of the game he was boo'd by a fair chunk of the home support. The media of the time, decided to forget about his diving and claimed the 'well support boo'd him because he was black. 

Kingston got sent off at Pittodrie once and subsequently claimed the ref was racist.

The ref was in the paper in the next day, him and his black wife having done an interview :lol: 

29 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I see the Hibs fan that confronted Tavernier has been jailed for 100 days and given a 10 year Football Banning Order.  That'll learn him.

Yes, not sure what to make of that.

On the one hand it’s a bit harsh, but should certainly act as a warning to others. Boy only has himself to blame, but has certainly been made a example of.

He got effectively the same punishment as the boy that punched Grealish (10 year ban and 98 days in jail).

37 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I see the Hibs fan that confronted Tavernier has been jailed for 100 days and given a 10 year Football Banning Order.  That'll learn him.

Considering that's a guy with no previous, that should give anyone thinking of giving it a go themselves a second thought.

47 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

That's utterly pathetic tbh.