The Mighty Celtic... - Page 248 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

4 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Not anymore.. I am a changed man friend...

Raymoondo... It's obviously going to be a long painful season for you.

This is only a suggestion, but since you've cheered for Brooner for yonks, why don't you adopt The Dons as your big team and salvage something from the season?

0_Aberdeen-v-BK-Hacken.jpg

17 hours ago, slasher said:

Brooner is done as you will see soon enough. 

It's early days but in both home games I've watched so far, he looks far from done

I don't think any aberdeen fan is expecting to be at 100% for the whole season but I don't think he is done

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

It's early days but in both home games I've watched so far, he looks far from done

I don't think any aberdeen fan is expecting to be at 100% for the whole season but I don't think he is done

Slasher is hurting, that's all

Brooner isn't done at this level yet

5 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Raymoondo... It's obviously going to be a long painful season for you.

This is only a suggestion, but since you've cheered for Brooner for yonks, why don't you adopt The Dons as your big team and salvage something from the season?

0_Aberdeen-v-BK-Hacken.jpg

Scotty ma man. No disrespect to Aberdeen FC. To answer yir question? Never, ever, never, ever.. This man is Celtic to the core.. I will never turn ma back on the Famous Glasgow Celtic...  CTID....

10 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Ok. calling a football teams fans pondlife. Is that better for you?

No surprise to see you sticking up for him 🙄 

Anyway I'm over it. We will get better, fuck knows when though 🙈

6 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Scotty ma man. No disrespect to Aberdeen FC. To answer yir question? Never, ever, never, ever.. This man is Celtic to the core.. I will never turn ma back on the Famous Glasgow Celtic...  CTID....

Oh, I know. I get that.

You know how folk have a wee team, or an English team, etc?

I'm just suggesting that you could secretly temporarily add a team and cheer for a Scott Brown's Aberdeen on the side to ease the inevitable pain of this season. 

I mean, Poste went winless in July.

Maybe he could pick up 3 points from a late soft penalty sometime in August.

You never know.

49 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Comical Tims Inevitably Defeated....? :wink2:;)

You're better than that 😜

By the way what's the huns beef with the cinch sponsorship deal? They're like Rage Against the Machine at the moment. 

19 minutes ago, slasher said:

By the way what's the huns beef with the cinch sponsorship deal? They're like Rage Against the Machine at the moment. 

I'm really not!

I don't really know but I'm guessing it's down to some sort of conflict of interests with Douglas Park's company?

7 hours ago, slasher said:

Its reported as being to do with Douglas Park who obviously has car showrooms so Cinches direct competitors.

From what ive read, Rangers dont have an issue with the deal as such but dont believe that the deal requires any commitment to displaying the logo on their shirts or at the stadium. If that is correct then whoever has drafted the contract has made a major balls up.

58 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Its reported as being to do with Douglas Park who obviously has car showrooms so Cinches direct competitors.

From what ive read, Rangers dont have an issue with the deal as such but dont believe that the deal requires any commitment to displaying the logo on their shirts or at the stadium. If that is correct then whoever has drafted the contract has made a major balls up.

Scottish fitba…….love it 😂😂😂

10 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

I'm still baffled why anyone thought it was a good idea to partner with a league sponsor called Cinch.

Cinch as in easy to do

I mean I genuinely don't think you could get a worse name to sponsor the league. You are literally laying on a plate for people who make fun of our league.

From what I've heard it is about those in charge massively underselling the SPFL.  First the TV deal and now the sponsorship have been massively undersold.

I know it's being painted as the best ever deal due to it being £8 million but it's over 5 years (£1.6 million a season) and is actually worth £900k a year less than the previous Ladbrokes deal (£2.5 million a season). That is before you add in they used an agency for it and they are taking 500K out of that £8 million. 

That is shockingly poor, how Doncaster is still our chief executive is beyond belief. He has undersold our game for years. The whole SPFL need cleared out and brought in to a more forward thinking and modern organisation.

1 hour ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

I'm still baffled why anyone thought it was a good idea to partner with a league sponsor called Cinch.

Cinch as in easy to do

I mean I genuinely don't think you could get a worse name to sponsor the league. You are literally laying on a plate for people who make fun of our league.

From what I've heard it is about those in charge massively underselling the SPFL.  First the TV deal and now the sponsorship have been massively undersold.

I know it's being painted as the best ever deal due to it being £8 million but it's over 5 years (£1.6 million a season) and is actually worth £900k a year less than the previous Ladbrokes deal (£2.5 million a season). That is before you add in they used an agency for it and they are taking 500K out of that £8 million. 

That is shockingly poor, how Doncaster is still our chief executive is beyond belief. He has undersold our game for years. The whole SPFL need cleared out and brought in to a more forward thinking and modern organisation.

I know, now if we could only get our referees sponsored by specsavers.........wait a minute 🤔

3 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Cinch as in easy to do

That's what happens when you promote only one fixture. You end up with fuck all.

7 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

That's what happens when you promote only one fixture. You end up with fuck all.

The real crime is that Sky TV has become a tax on Scottish football.

At least 8% of UK sky subscriptions will be to a Scottish address.
Yet we get absolute buttons in return for the rights to our league.