The Mighty Celtic... - Page 253 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

16 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Do you know what a mashacositict is??? That's no me. Of course I would belt someone in a pub...

9 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

A fan of Bobby 'Boris' Pickett and The Crypt-Kickers?

See what you did there 🤣

Boooooooooooooooooom!!!!!! We are fucking on fire... Wow !!!!!! That big sexy Greek bastard Ange is a gem !!!!!  👍👍👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇬🇷🇬🇷🇬🇷🍺🍺🍺💪💪💪👊👊👊

Angeball great fun to watch again, if a little terrifying at times. Lots of positives from last night and a good result but this tie isn't over. 

Re the defence much improvement needed from Starfelt & Taylor in particular, the other two have done really well but aren't good enough to rely on going forward. 

Early days but Joe Hart doing just fine so far 🤔

2 hours ago, mr mojo risin said:

If 10 in a row is the Holy Grail of Scottish Football why didn't Celtic splash out and sign all these players last season?

That's a very good question. I think the board would not back Lennon, and also Lennon kept playing his favorites in a system that clearly never worked. I think the board likes what Ange has done in such a short time, and from what I have read, Ange takes no shit from anyone.. Also, if we win the league, Celtic are automatically in the Champions League next year.  So it's a no brainers for the board. You clearly have a manager that the players trust, back him and let him go with it... Just my opinion..

3 hours ago, mr mojo risin said:

If 10 in a row is the Holy Grail of Scottish Football why didn't Celtic splash out and sign all these players last season?

It was a premeditated business decision to take the 'cheap options' last season.

Celtic make millions more if a rivalry exists.

Sevco could never recover (financially, or otherwise) from Celtic winning the ten.

(They're on a shoogly peg as is.)

Now that there has been a 'reset', the gloves are off again (but who know for how long, as Sevco remain the weak ugly sister).