Scottish player transfers - Page 215 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

19 minutes ago, runningtings said:

Arteta just doesn't rate Tierney at all, so weird he plays all these RBs and CBs at left back instead of him. Hope he gets a move.

Im sure he rates him but Tierney doesnt suit the tactics that Arteta wants to deploy. 

That and im sure he and others rightfully have concerns about his injury record.

Tierney will be excellent at Newcastle if he goes there but he wont last a full season playing week in week out. 

10 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Im sure he rates him but Tierney doesnt suit the tactics that Arteta wants to deploy. 

That and im sure he and others rightfully have concerns about his injury record.

Tierney will be excellent at Newcastle if he goes there but he wont last a full season playing week in week out. 

The last sentence sum's it up for me. 

I would far sooner he was bit part player at an elite club than a 40 games a week player elsewhere. 

Rumor update

Che Adams rumored to be in talks with Crystal Palace

Scott McTominay might be back in talks with West Ham if Man City buy Paqueta

Ryan Fraser to Celtic

Tierney - Newcastle rumored to be interested in a loan, but they are also interested in Curcurella from Chelsea 

27 minutes ago, syecosse said:

Just seen on twitter Man.City have signed a 14 year old from Leicester for 1 M, Tyrese Noubissie, he is born in Livingston however eligble for England and Cameron as well.

And France which appears to be his favoured option. Born in Livingston when his French father played there on loan. Only in Scotland for a year or two. £1m for a 14 year old!

Its all gone abit quiet regarding possible transfers for Tierney, McTomminay and Doig.

Doig maybe slightly different as he will hopefully be 1st choice but I cant get my head around the mentality of the other 2. Both arw clearly not 1st or even 2nd choice. Both were getting pushed out until a player in their position got injured and now possibly being kept short term until that player recovers or another player can be brought in.

I cant help but feel if they were foreign they would be banging down the managers door demanding to move.

4 hours ago, GHfaeGTA said:

And France which appears to be his favoured option. Born in Livingston when his French father played there on loan. Only in Scotland for a year or two. £1m for a 14 year old!

An absolutely insane amount of money to pay to sign a child!

2 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Its all gone abit quiet regarding possible transfers for Tierney, McTomminay and Doig.

Doig maybe slightly different as he will hopefully be 1st choice but I cant get my head around the mentality of the other 2. Both arw clearly not 1st or even 2nd choice. Both were getting pushed out until a player in their position got injured and now possibly being kept short term until that player recovers or another player can be brought in.

I cant help but feel if they were foreign they would be banging down the managers door demanding to move.

McTominay was captain in a recent friendly. I don’t see why he needs to move. He’ll probably start 20 games next season and play in 35. He’s doing great for us and it’s probably in our interests that things stay the same. I don’t know if Neil Lennon permanently wrecked Tierney or if he is capable of playing a full season. He’s currently sensational for us so I’m not too bothered about that one either. 

1 hour ago, csinclair said:

Arteta has said in his latest press conference there's no plans to sell Tierney and he hopes Tierney uses being left out of the squad against forest as motivation

'Motivation'! I just can't see Tierney as a troublemaker or someone who'll throw his toys out of the pram.

1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

'Motivation'! I just can't see Tierney as a troublemaker or someone who'll throw his toys out of the pram.

I'm pretty sure this is an attempt by Arteta to turn the fact that they have been trying to get rid of him, but now need to keep him into positive.  Let's not discuss the past few weeks but turn the moment into a performance related one. I rate Tierney very highly, but he is injury prone, and he is on a decent wage, I can't fault Arsenal for attempting to offload him.  Their new lad, got crocked for months so that was unforeseen and Arteta is now right to keep him and move him on next summer or find out he is capable of more matches than we all believe and keep him beyond this season. If he doesn't suit their style of play, then he will be used sparingly regardless of his physical condition. 

FB_IMG_1692291060432.thumb.jpg.7757eb02008b0a9374d57086aab2c2ec.jpg

Going back to the subject of who jack hendry will be up against in saudi. 

Thats a pretty amazing array of attacking talent that he has to face most weeks. I think its more a case of wether hendry can cope with those guys because the saudi league probably has better talent than any league hes ever been in.

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

FB_IMG_1692291060432.thumb.jpg.7757eb02008b0a9374d57086aab2c2ec.jpg

Going back to the subject of who jack hendry will be up against in saudi. 

Thats a pretty amazing array of attacking talent that he has to face most weeks. I think its more a case of wether hendry can cope with those guys because the saudi league probably has better talent than any league hes ever been in.

Can't believe he got a gig there. According to Wiki he is 28 and only has 130 league appearances at any level. Could probably be the highest paid Scottish player for the next 100 years

Edited by ceudmilefailte

4 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

McTominay was captain in a recent friendly. I don’t see why he needs to move. He’ll probably start 20 games next season and play in 35. He’s doing great for us and it’s probably in our interests that things stay the same. I don’t know if Neil Lennon permanently wrecked Tierney or if he is capable of playing a full season. He’s currently sensational for us so I’m not too bothered about that one either. 

I felt, originally, that McTominay got to captaincy for that friendly as it looked like he was on his way and it, being a Man U man through and through and behind there since a young age, and it was his last hurrah