Scottish player transfers - Page 210 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

1 hour ago, syecosse said:

Dire Mebude is off to Westerloo they finished 4th in Belgium, Man city have a buy back not sure of fee.

Man Utd are considering West Has offer for Mctominay. 

Just doubled checked and Westerlo finished 4th in the Europa League playoff group which essentially means they finished 8th. The Belgian league is bizarre. His older brother is still in Belgium at Oostende as far as I'm aware

1 hour ago, syecosse said:

Dire Mebude is off to Westerloo they finished 4th in Belgium, Man city have a buy back not sure of fee.

Man Utd are considering West Has offer for Mctominay. 

Did Westerloo finish 4th?

Only Info I can find on them is they finished 7th and then took a hammering in the Belgian Europa League playoffs.

Always thought the Belgian league was pretty poor but if that sort of money is available for a mid table team I could be wrong.

13 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

What's the latest for potential moves if any for this lot?

Ryan Fraser

Kieran Tierney

Scott McTominay

Che Adams

Stuart Armstrong

Think all are at just at rumours/linked with other clubs stage currently. Can't see anything concrete about any of them bar Fraser being left behind from Newcastle's pre season tour so the only one from that list who's pretty much guaranteed to move.
Fraser linked with Norwich, Southampton & Leeds.
KT linked with Newcastle but recently talked about learning from Zinchenko to play the way Arteta wants so possibly a clue that he's staying.
McTominay linked with West Ham but may stay if Fred leaves as is rumoured.
Che Adams linked with pretty much every club in the EPL from midtable down it seems.
Armstrong linked with Torino & Lazio

Edited by csinclair

On 7/24/2023 at 6:21 PM, csinclair said:

image.thumb.png.eeb406a92dd451e420f81d64cabad6d4.png

Decent move, mad to think people pay £400+ for a white tshirt

On 7/25/2023 at 3:07 PM, csinclair said:

Mebude fee is 1.6 million it looks like. When I watched him for Man city U23s last season he played on the right wing and the lad on the left Borges now looks to be going to West Ham for 15 million and I've got to say it didn't look like there was 13/14 million difference between them as players

Mebude is Scottish though so obviously worth so much less

Hendry now officially joined the Saudi circus. I'm disappointed in terms of the morality of the issue. From the financial point of view I guess he will be on a lot more than he has ever been before and with no interest from EPL clubs that is understandably attractive. From the football point of view I'm imagining he'll be up against better strikers than the Championship or the SPFL so not too many worries in that respect.

Edited by Hertsscot

20 hours ago, csinclair said:

Think all are at just at rumours/linked with other clubs stage currently. Can't see anything concrete about any of them bar Fraser being left behind from Newcastle's pre season tour so the only one from that list who's pretty much guaranteed to move.
Fraser linked with Norwich, Southampton & Leeds.
KT linked with Newcastle but recently talked about learning from Zinchenko to play the way Arteta wants so possibly a clue that he's staying.
McTominay linked with West Ham but may stay if Fred leaves as is rumoured.
Che Adams linked with pretty much every club in the EPL from midtable down it seems.
Armstrong linked with Torino & Lazio

I get the feeling Man Utd have possibly priced McTominay out of any potential move. 

I'm biased, and probably totally wrong, but I don't see what the £100m Declan Rice does that's drastically better than what McTominay does.  Going by comments on Twitter though, most Man Utd fans wouldn't see McTominay in their road.

On 7/25/2023 at 3:42 PM, ceudmilefailte said:

Did Westerloo finish 4th?

Only Info I can find on them is they finished 7th and then took a hammering in the Belgian Europa League playoffs.

Always thought the Belgian league was pretty poor but if that sort of money is available for a mid table team I could be wrong.

I'd put it on a par with the SPFL (I think UEFA actually rank it slightly higher).  Like you say, if they're able to shell out that kind of money on a 19-year-old it maybe isn't all that bad. 

My initial reaction was that he'd signed for a diddy club (AZ Alkmaar are much more of a "name") but if he's going to get regular first team football at a good standard then it could be a good move.  

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

I get the feeling Man Utd have possibly priced McTominay out of any potential move. 

I'm biased, and probably totally wrong, but I don't see what the £100m Declan Rice does that's drastically better than what McTominay does.  Going by comments on Twitter though, most Man Utd fans wouldn't see McTominay in their road.

I know nothing about Declan Rice, but I know West Ham are also interested in James Ward-Prowse.

If they go for Ward Prowse over McTominay, they're mad - And I say that as a Southampton fan.

I watch McTominay for Scotland.

I watch Ward-Prowse for Southampton.

Forget about the free-kicks and Ward-Prowse is bang average.

McTominay is far superior to Ward-Prowse.

4 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Hendry now officially joined the Saudi circus. I'm disappointed in terms of the morality of the issue. From the financial point of view I guess he will be on a lot more than he has ever been before and with no interest from EPL clubs that is understandably attractive. From the football point of view I'm imagining he'll be up against better strikers than the Championship or the SPFL so not too many worries in that respect.

Seems like the saudis are really going for it in terms of buying up star players. I just seen a saudi league first team select posted on facebook and it had firmino, ronaldo and benzema in it along with loads of other top players. 

If the saudis keep investing like they have then they could end up having a much better league than most of europe especially if they get into the champs league. They might start producing some decent players of their own which would help as well.

3 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

I know nothing about Declan Rice, but I know West Ham are also interested in James Ward-Prowse.

If they go for Ward Prowse over McTominay, they're mad - And I say that as a Southampton fan.

I watch McTominay for Scotland.

I watch Ward-Prowse for Southampton.

Forget about the free-kicks and Ward-Prowse is bang average.

McTominay is far superior to Ward-Prowse.

Really? I always thought Ward-Prowse was a cracking wee player. That could, of course, just be because of his dead ball ability though! 😄

55 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Seems like the saudis are really going for it in terms of buying up star players. I just seen a saudi league first team select posted on facebook and it had firmino, ronaldo and benzema in it along with loads of other top players. 

If the saudis keep investing like they have then they could end up having a much better league than most of europe especially if they get into the champs league. They might start producing some decent players of their own which would help as well.

No way they’ll be joining UEFA. There would be outrage and boycotts etc. 

Saudi Arabia would also need to play in our qualifiers so would probably never reach the World Cup again. Doubt they’d be happy with that. 

3 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Saudi Arabia would also need to play in our qualifiers so would probably never reach the World Cup again. Doubt they’d be happy with that. 

Lol they have just bought newcastle united and nobody gave a shit and we just had a world cup in the lovely country of qatar. Money talks.

Also if they were also allowed into the euro championships as well then they may be willing to sacrifice their easy world cup route for participation in the euros providing they produce a team capable of qualifying. If the euros gets expanded to 32 teams then they probably would qualify.

We already have teams from israel, Kazakhstan etc in the champs league. No reason why uefa couldnt extend that out to more countries in the middle east. 

Saudis have a bottomless pit of money and they will bribe/buy what they want imo.

5 hours ago, scotlad said:

There’s lots of reasons that decide a transfer fee but I’ll give you one when you compare Rice to McTominey.

Declan Rice is two years younger than Scott McTominey and has played 60 more first team games.

20 minutes ago, aaid said:

There’s lots of reasons that decide a transfer fee but I’ll give you one when you compare Rice to McTominey.

Declan Rice is two years younger than Scott McTominey and has played 60 more first team games.

Declan rice is english as well. Bumps him up a bit.

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

Lol they have just bought newcastle united and nobody gave a shit and we just had a world cup in the lovely country of qatar. Money talks.

Also if they were also allowed into the euro championships as well then they may be willing to sacrifice their easy world cup route for participation in the euros providing they produce a team capable of qualifying. If the euros gets expanded to 32 teams then they probably would qualify.

We already have teams from israel, Kazakhstan etc in the champs league. No reason why uefa couldnt extend that out to more countries in the middle east. 

Saudis have a bottomless pit of money and they will bribe/buy what they want imo.

They can’t be stopped from buying what they like but they can be stopped from joining UEFA. Doubt it will ever happen regardless of how much money they have. Would take some size of brown envelope for it to happen. 

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

Saudi Arabia beat the evetual world cup winners Argentina in the group stage last time round and there was no shame in their defeats against Mexico and Poland.

Team was entirely home based and following the logic that playing better players improves a player, I hope they don't join UEFA

34 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Declan rice is english as well. Bumps him up a bit.

That’s another one.

The main one though is how much do the buying club want to pay and how much do the selling club want to sell for.

5 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

They would just import players from Brazil,Argentina etc & give them Saudi nationality after a couple of years, add them to a few local Saudis & you’ve probably got a really good national team.