Scottish player transfers - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

4 hours ago, Parklife said:

Mid-table EPL sides are quite shite. Matt Ritchie plays every game for one of them ffs :lol: 

As opposed to 11 out of 12 Scottish premier league teams?

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2018/6/11/17449342/serie-b-side-venezia-looking-to-sign-free-agent-chelsea-teenager-report

Harvey St Clair offered contact by Venezia according to this site.

Also mentions how him and Ruben Sammut have contract offers on the table at present from Chelsea.

Is Feruz still there!? Lol. 

7 hours ago, ProudScot said:

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2018/6/11/17449342/serie-b-side-venezia-looking-to-sign-free-agent-chelsea-teenager-report

Also mentions how him and Ruben Sammut have contract offers on the table at present from Chelsea.

Yeah, Feruz is still there

8 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Interesting!

Would be great to see lots of Scots lads dotted acrosd Europe in various leagues. Got to be good for the national team if that were the case but it's a big thibg to do for a teenager.

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Worked a treat for Gauld.

Always a risk and you could say the same for Burke but young lads widening their horizons is surely mostly positive. And who knows, if Gauld turns it round we'll look back at this as a brilliant experience which supported his development?

13 hours ago, ProudScot said:

I think Feruz's contract is up at the end of the month.

His Wikipedia entry seems to have been updated yesterday to say that plays for Ayr United although there's no supporting reference.

6 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Worked a treat for Gauld.

Not really a reason for our players to not move abroad. I think once it becomes normal for our players to play abroad we will see a big difference at international level. 

4 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Not really a reason for our players to not move abroad. I think once it becomes normal for our players to play abroad we will see a big difference at international level. 

I was mostly saying it tongue in cheek.

The likes of Douglas, Henderson etc are good examples of how it works well.

Just need to choose the right club.

Will be interesting to see what happen with Gauld this coming season. Sporting seem to have players demanding to leave left and right after fans attacked the training ground.

That could push him into the first team, or could prompt him to also look for a move.

21 hours ago, aaid said:

I think Feruz's contract is up at the end of the month.

His Wikipedia entry seems to have been updated yesterday to say that plays for Ayr United although there's no supporting reference.

Been a running joke amongst Ayr fans for a few years that we had signed him.

19 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Just need to choose the right club.

Too any people on this forum have a view that moving to England is a bad move and going abroad is the dugs baws.  Similarly too many have a view that England is the be all and end all, the truth is that it's all about going to the right club and - crucially - at the right time.  Where that is, is pretty irrelevant as long as it's nice appropriate standard.

If, instead of going to Poznan on 2013, Barry Douglas had joined Wolves, who were in League One at that point then loads on here would be saying that was a terrible move, but that was the point when Wolves started to turn around.

I remember loads on here questioning Ryan Fraser's lack of ambition when he joined Bournemouth, I think that move turned out pretty well for him.

4 hours ago, andyD said:

Will be interesting to see what happen with Gauld this coming season. Sporting seem to have players demanding to leave left and right after fans attacked the training ground.

That could push him into the first team, or could prompt him to also look for a move.

Some unreliable football news sites claiming that he might go to Rangers, Liverpool, Spurs or Arsenal. 

14 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Only one he's got a hope of are Rangers.

Could he end up going to everton? It was their new manager who bought gauld and put him in the sporting champions league squad. Wonder if he might still be interested in him. Problem would be that they're already pretty well stocked for attacking mids, tho Gauld can play wide, which they don't have a lot of.

Gauld:

“I want to do my pre-season at Sporting. I have two years left of my contract at the club.
“After that we will see. But I love Portugal, I like Portuguese football and I want to stay in this country.
“I was delighted to see Aves win the Final. They worked so hard over 90 minutes and thoroughly deserved to win the Cup.”

So.. staying to see whether he's in the first team plans, and shipping out if he's not i guess.

6 hours ago, aaid said:

Too any people on this forum have a view that moving to England is a bad move and going abroad is the dugs baws.  Similarly too many have a view that England is the be all and end all, the truth is that it's all about going to the right club and - crucially - at the right time.  Where that is, is pretty irrelevant as long as it's nice appropriate standard.

If, instead of going to Poznan on 2013, Barry Douglas had joined Wolves, who were in League One at that point then loads on here would be saying that was a terrible move, but that was the point when Wolves started to turn around.

I remember loads on here questioning Ryan Fraser's lack of ambition when he joined Bournemouth, I think that move turned out pretty well for him.

And also the right person. It's quite a step to leave home at such a young age. Some are better staying close to their family and pals.

13 hours ago, SkyBlueScot said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/06/12/should-celtic-join-rangers-in-race-to-sign-ryan-gauld/

Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs linked, along with Rangers? That's quite out of the left field

That website is as reliable as Scottish Labour turning up to vote. 

Made up nonsense 

9 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Harvey St Clair leaves Chelsea for Venezia, who finished above Liam Henderson's Bari in Serie B last season.  

Could be a good move for him, he will get some first team action there and will hopefully establish himself and help them get up to serie a.