Scottish teams in Europe - Page 37 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish teams in Europe

29 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Celtic lucky to still be in it by all accounts...

Rosenberg certainly had the best chances.

Keeping a clean sheet is a big boost for Celtic. They'll play better next week and that home clean sheet may well be the difference. 

The away goals rule is so effective that a 2-1 first leg home win is not much better than a 0-0 draw. A 0-0 away 1st leg draw is always a dangerous result for the away team which can be misleading when it's considered an advantage. 

Dundalk were desperately unlucky away to Rosenborg in the last  round, scored and hit the crossbar in extra time so Celtic are more than capable of scoring there when they have Griffiths/Dembele back. 

Edited by irish

They're no great shakes, we can defo do this........but, this no striker pish is unacceptable and has to be addressed!

We were ok tonight, no better. A 0-0 draw in the end was a relief but it could have been worse! ?

47 minutes ago, slasher said:

They're no great shakes, we can defo do this........but, this no striker pish is unacceptable and has to be addressed!

Mr. Griffiths will hopefully have had enough time to think about his role in that.

28 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Mr. Griffiths will hopefully have had enough time to think about his role in that.

Not really my point, but if it gives you an opportunity to whine about the game in Belfast do carry on ?

And by the way he's still injured ?

Edited by slasher

11 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

The cost remains to be seen.

nintchdbpict0003390061275.jpg?strip=all&skysports-leigh-griffiths-celtic_4001872

image.jpg

Agreed.

You'd thing Rodgers would have forbidden him from ever doing it again after this one against Rangers...

JS108185835.jpg

11 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

The cost remains to be seen.

nintchdbpict0003390061275.jpg?strip=all&skysports-leigh-griffiths-celtic_4001872

image.jpg

Agreed.

You'd thing Rodgers would have forbidden him from ever doing it again after this one against Rangers...

JS108185835.jpg

43 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

You've missed your calling Scotty, you should've worked for the Sun.

What a cockwomble!

9 hours ago, irish said:

The away goals rule is so effective that a 2-1 first leg home win is not much better than a 0-0 draw. A 0-0 away 1st leg draw is always a dangerous result for the away team which can be misleading when it's considered an advantage. 

Dundalk were desperately unlucky away to Rosenborg in the last  round, scored and hit the crossbar in extra time so Celtic are more than capable of scoring there when they have Griffiths/Dembele back. 

Dembele is out until September accordding to the BBC so he won't be able to play over there.

Rosenborg had the best chance to score. Craig Gordon made a good save in the second half and prevented it being a lot worse.

Forrest offered absolutely nothing, other than running the ball out of play and shitting out of tackles. Rogic up front just didn't work either, he must have lost the ball at least a dozen times.

Ajer came in and did well mind you. A score draw will see us through so although not the best result, hardly a disaster either.

Big game tonight and apparently only around 700 tickets left. Hopefully they're all gone by kick off. 

Would bite your hand off for a 1-0 victory tonight, as i always fancy our chances to score away from home on the counter. 

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Big game tonight and apparently only around 700 tickets left. Hopefully they're all gone by kick off. 

Would bite your hand off for a 1-0 victory tonight, as i always fancy our chances to score away from home on the counter. 

Good luck ?

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Me too, so as RedTV show it live to all subscribers..........AND if feckin works this time!

15 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I've been avoiding European football since the Progres debacle.  Who are Aberdeen playing?

13 hours ago, irish said:

Not to go off topic, but by god the away goals rule infuriates me, pure archaic nonsense that should have been done away with a long time ago.

Edited by Mox

2 hours ago, euan2020 said:

Cypriot team with a reserve player who dreams of playing for Rangers "Dad was a big Rangers fan"

Did you've read that in a rag this morning or something?Just to find a rangers angle? 

31 minutes ago, JECK said:

Did you've read that in a rag this morning or something?Just to find a rangers angle? 

I think it might be a tongue in cheek comments as the Scottish Media do it every time a Scottish side play in Europe.

Always find one way to connect the opposing team with the Old Firm somehow.

39 minutes ago, JECK said:

7 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I think it might be a tongue in cheek comments as the Scottish Media do it every time a Scottish side play in Europe.

Nah, predictably, it's real :lol: 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40693274

Reynolds, a Rangers fan who was named after Ally McCoist,

The other day we also had some no-mark ex-Rangers player telling us we'd lose 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40686875

Aberdeen face a stern test when they take on Apollon Limassol in Europa League qualifying, says former Dundee and Rangers winger Georgios Efrem.

The 28-year-old, who was a youth at Arsenal, has faced Apollon playing for Cypriot champions APOEL of Nicosia.

And he views Apollon as an improving side, pointing out that they have won the Cypriot Cup two years running.

"I think Apollon have a better chance, maybe 60-40 over Aberdeen," he told BBC Scotland.

All this hot on the heels of BBC's article about our win last week being headlined "Aberdeen 18 minutes from Europa League Elimination". It'd be funny if it wasn't so fecking tragic! 

14 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

It's not tongue in cheek

His dad named him after Ally McCoist 

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40693274

He said: “My dad was always a big Rangers fan and named me after McCoist. I’ve always loved the club as well and I hope that at one point in my career I can get to play for them. That would be the ultimate for me."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/young-scot-ally-reynolds-dreams-6096044 

Edited by euan2020