Scottish teams in Europe - Page 36 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish teams in Europe

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Once the CL qualifying is done you might need 2 strikers, as it's beginning to look like Dembele will be away. 

Has something changed since yesterday? BR basically said he was staying for the season in his press conference 

20 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Has something changed since yesterday? BR basically said he was staying for the season in his press conference 

Everyone has a price.

Rodgers obviously doesn't want to lose him, but if an offer comes in, that may turn the players head and/or be time to cash in?

Champions league qualification would probably help keep him at Parkhead, but otherwise both parties might be keen to cash in?

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Everyone has a price.

Rodgers obviously doesn't want to lose him, but if an offer comes in, that may turn the players head and/or be time to cash in?

Champions league qualification would probably help keep him at Parkhead, but otherwise both parties might be keen to cash in?

Of course they all have a price but the "starting to look like Dembele will be away" part must have been based on something more than that.

BR said there hadn't even been an offer made for him 

1 hour ago, Reevesy said:

Of course they all have a price but the "starting to look like Dembele will be away" part must have been based on something more than that.

Don't know if it was 2+2 = 5 but there was talk of discussion and £20m offer from Marseille after they played on Saturday added to Dembele posting something on whatever social media is the kids preferred one nowadays about "big transfer move incoming".

Its a given Rodgers will say not for sale/staying because he knows that means any one interested has to stick in an over the top offer to try and change his/Celtics mind.

IMO based on the Dembele post I think think he will be off before end of transfer window, after CL qualifying fate decided. I think there's legs in the Marseille story but hopefully that triggers other sides who have an interest into starting a bidding war. 

2 hours ago, Reevesy said:

Ignore my wording, I hadn't seen the BR interview when I posted. 

All the talk before that was Marseille were serious and Dembele was interested. 

As has been said CL group stage qualification may make him stay and failure may make him go. 

Either way Celtics profits will be assured. 

5 hours ago, slasher said:

If we qualify I'm confident Dembele will stay. If we don't his representative may angle for a move and we might cash in as we've done in the past.

Ajer and Simunovic at centre back tonight would be my preference ?

Agree with your first paragraph. No need to sell if you make the groups. 

Also agree with your back line especially as you don't need to switch Tierney to the right. I've always preferred teams with the fewest changes for players out of their natural position. 

With Ajer in the middle, he's the only new or changed player. Let Simunovic man handle Bendtner and Ajer can mop up behind. 

Ive not seen Rosenborg so not sure how good they are but they have won the domestic double twice in a row and are well into their season now. It won't be easy for Celtic tonight. 

Ajer playing at centre half tonight, haven't seen enough of him to know whether he is ready or not, what do our resident Killie fans make of him?

I'd take any result tonight that means a clean sheet frankly, don't know enough about Rosenborg, although if they are Norwegian champs then i'd imagine they are a reasonable outfit.

Edited by Mox