Scottish Cup Weekend - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Weekend

In terms of the Foderingham incident and penalty (which I still haven't seen again), the benefit of hindsight and replays are influencing everyone's view on here, I suspect. The ref has no such option. In real time, I disagreed with the red card we got on Wednesday night but having seen it again, I won't criticise. The Garner one was incompetent though.

After the "Dougie, Dougie" incident when folk were criticised for hounding refs which resulted in an early retirement, refs should be allowed the right to make mistakes. As a Rangers fan my opinion perhaps won't matter to some but anyone who suggests our referees are biased is just plain wrong. Useless - yes; biased - I don't believe that.

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Oh dear, you are upset. The evened out bit is standard phraseology in football circles for "you win some, you lose some". I'd have thought you'd have known that. 

Of course decisions in one game don't relate to another, it's just a colloquialism used in this type of context. 

Now, I'll leave you to your seethe about today's game and away and have my dinner. 

Oh and the evened out bit was with tongue in cheek but you don't expect humour from me when you've got your anti-rangers glasses on, so I can forgive you not spotting that. ? 

"Upset", "seethe", "anti-Rangers glasses". 

Youre not the most perceptive. :lol:

24 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

'John Lambie, there's a manager who knew how to create an upset in the Scottish Cup.' says our Liam.

Clearly he has never looked at our record in the Cup under JL.

Hey, he's our feckin Liam. Awright? ;) 

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Great effort from St. Mirren! If they keep on playing like that they will surely avoid the drop ?

We done well today, almost went 2 up before you scored.

Massive gulf between the teams showed in the end, but delighted we never parked the bus and thought we were excellent in the first half especially down the right,

I'm now a bit more optimistic about avoiding the drop, our game against Raith this week is massive. 

This is what fecks me off about Scottish football coverage instead of starting with the goal at half time or talking about Aberdeen being on top its all about the perceived lack of quality etc.

Oh and now they'll probably be spending more time analysing the Rangers game.

1 minute ago, Donaldo87 said:

This is what fecks me off about Scottish football coverage instead of starting with the goal at half time or talking about Aberdeen being on top its all about the perceived lack of quality etc.

Oh and now they'll probably be spending more time analysing the Rangers game.

Completely agree.Total negativity.

12 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

We done well today, almost went 2 up before you scored.

Massive gulf between the teams showed in the end, but delighted we never parked the bus and thought we were excellent in the first half especially down the right,

I'm now a bit more optimistic about avoiding the drop, our game against Raith this week is massive. 

And Brendan thinks we're the best team Celtic have played domestically this season.:lol:

getvthat up ye sheep :lol:

Edited by Marky

Did I imagine them saying thistle were on a run of 4 in a row?

Aberdeen weren't brilliant,but they were absolutely brutal. 

Intent of stopping play with fouls and body checks more than anything else. 

The semi finals will be a better spectacle without them. 

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

Did I imagine them saying thistle were on a run of 4 in a row?

Aberdeen weren't brilliant,but they were absolutely brutal. 

Intent of stopping play with fouls and body checks more than anything else. 

The semi finals will be a better spectacle without them. 

A bit harsh.

Thistle are doing well in the league playing a compact, hard-working type of football. 

Unlike the byes that Rangers, Hibs and Celtic got, this was real game. Hard work and against a decent side.

Why the fuqk is the BBC coverage stopping 30 seconds after the end of the game ?