Scottish Cup Weekend - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Weekend

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Rossy said:

How the fuqk was that assault by Garner not a red card ?

Incompetent, unbelieveable refereeing.

It's been quite ridiculous. The referee has decided the outcome of this match. 

Incredible what The Rangers are getting handed to them today by Beaton.

Foderingham should have been off, he then gives them a penalty for bugger all, and now he lets as clear a red card as you will ever see go?

What is it with these refs?

Just now, Barney Rubble said:

Incredible what The Rangers are getting handed to them today by Beaton.

Foderingham should have been off, he then gives them a penalty for bugger all, and now he lets as clear a red card as you will ever see go?

What is it with these refs?

It's Hamilton at ibrox. They're easy for a ref to feck over without consequence. 

And the Sevco fan standing up to applaud it just sums them up.    It's great to get involved in the game, and why not get on your feet to appreciate a meaty tackle, but when you see an assault....    not many words can describe that. 

Garner gets his comeuppance with a bloody heid.   He should have been in the dressing room 5 minutes ago though.  

Now my ears are deceiving me.   Sevco fans actually gave a round of applause for an opposition player being taken off the park injured?!   Dafuq! 

Clearly this boy is high up in the Orange Lodge. 

Danny Lennon on the other hand...  booed coming on as a sub and celebrated when he went off with an injury 10 minutes later.     Only because he sounded like a feeg. 

This has to be one of the most incompetent displays of refereeing I've ever seen. Three utterly shocking and virtually incomprehensible decisions all going the way of one team. I'm not into conspiracy theories or such like but displays like this are food and drink to those who do and undermine the honesty and neutrality I do believe exists amongst our refs. Beaton isn't dishonest, he's just appallingly dire and a million miles short of competent.

Edited by DaveyDenoon

10 minutes ago, OLAS said:

And the Sevco fan standing up to applaud it just sums them up.    It's great to get involved in the game, and why not get on your feet to appreciate a meaty tackle, but when you see an assault....    not many words can describe that. 

Garner gets his comeuppance with a bloody heid.   He should have been in the dressing room 5 minutes ago though.  

6 minutes ago, OLAS said:

Now my ears are deceiving me.   Sevco fans actually gave a round of applause for an opposition player being taken off the park injured?!   Dafuq! 

Clearly this boy is high up in the Orange Lodge. 

Danny Lennon on the other hand...  booed coming on as a sub and celebrated when he went off with an injury 10 minutes later.     Only because he sounded like a feeg. 

If it offends you that much why do you keep watching?  Or is it so you can come online and whinge about it?  I'd be pretty confident that just about every support would have a walloper like the one who stood and clapped so bit unfair to single out Rangers there.

For the record, I agree they were 2 stonewall reds and feck knows what the ref has seen to not give them.  The pen was a pen though as he stood on Toral's foot.

4 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

This has to be one of the most incompetent displays of refereeing I've ever seen. Three utterly shocking and virtually incomprehensible decisions all going the way of one team. I'm not into conspiracy theories or such like but displays like this are food and drink to those who do and undermine the honesty and neutrality I do believe exists amongst our refs. Beaton isn't dishonest, he's just appallingly dire and a million miles short of competent.

Dundee fans would probably disagree.  Beaton seemed against them on Wednesday evening.   If I was supporting Dundee that night,  I'd be absolutely raging at his display. 

He was obviously influenced by the crowd as eventually he started giving Dundee freekicks for almost nothing and booking Thistle players for showing passion.   

He's never a referee. 

3 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

If it offends you that much why do you keep watching?  Or is it so you can come online and whinge about it?  I'd be pretty confident that just about every support would have a walloper like the one who stood and clapped so bit unfair to single out Rangers there.

For the record, I agree they were 2 stonewall reds and feck knows what the ref has seen to not give them.  The pen was a pen though as he stood on Toral's foot.

I'm not :)   Switched over in time to see Artur Boruc save a penalty.   Decent save but poor penalty.   At least the referee seems competent in this game. 

5 minutes ago, OLAS said:

I'm not :)   Switched over in time to see Artur Boruc save a penalty.   Decent save but poor penalty.   At least the referee seems competent in this game. 

Olas watch the highlights... On similar veins to the refs antics at Mordor.. 

11 minutes ago, OLAS said:

Dundee fans would probably disagree.  Beaton seemed against them on Wednesday evening.   If I was supporting Dundee that night,  I'd be absolutely raging at his display. 

He was obviously influenced by the crowd as eventually he started giving Dundee freekicks for almost nothing and booking Thistle players for showing passion.   

He's never a referee. 

Agreed

I don't think he's inherently dishonest or biased, but he's so poor he allows himself to be influenced by the crowd and whichever players intimidate him the most.

A truly dreadful referee.

Finally, we manage to convert a decent percentage of the chances we create. 

Decent performance with Hamilton utterly toothless in attack. 

Referee was terrible and missed 2 red cards but got the penalty right. 

Garner gets a hat trick but that tackle was pathetic. Murty has to speak to him about that, as it's not the first time he's put in a bad challenge. 

Hope you don't mind, Fairbairn but I switched back after the final whistle. The 6-0 scoreline really doesn't surprise me when it's 12 v 11 and assaults are permitted by the referee and encouraged by the fans.

Hope we get you in the semi and put you firmly back in your box.  If you last that long.  (No offence to you,  you're a rare good bluenose)