Scottish Cup Weekend - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Weekend

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Ah well, 25,000 fans x £30 = a very welcome consolation prize of £750k just for turning up and getting horsed. Small mercies and all that.

The 2 gates are pooled and shared 4 ways after expenses (which I think I read somewhere is approx 20%). 

Probably around 500k each.

5 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

Should be easy enough for Aberdeen and Celtic. Rodgers only problem might be keeping his players focussed on the job in hand until the final after they wrap up the league in a few weeks time.

I don't think Aberdeen will walk over hibs at all. 

Usual pressure to beat a championship team and hibs will be well up for a shot at retaining the trophy. 

Just hope it's the Saturday game. 

5 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I don't think Aberdeen will walk over hibs at all. 

Usual pressure to beat a championship team and hibs will be well up for a shot at retaining the trophy. 

Just hope it's the Saturday game. 

Tend to agree. Hibs have been poor recently in the league but their cup performances have been excellent. 

Still think Aberdeen will beat them. 

3 hours ago, OLAS said:

We were brutal to watch. Can't deny that. We almost got Aberdeen to our level and really should have scored at the death. 

No qualms, Aberdeen by far the better team and deserve it. 

Good luck in the semis. 

3rd time Thistle have visited Pittodrie this season easy the worst they've played. On previous 2 visits I was really impressed with how they played.

Some very poor refereeing today - seems to be a common theme this season for most teams. 

2 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Ah well, 25,000 fans x £30 = a very welcome consolation prize of £750k just for turning up and getting horsed. Small mercies and all that.

You'd almost think there was a higher power making sure you drew the likes of Hamilton at home in order to be there. ;)

39 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

Should be easy enough for Aberdeen and Celtic. Rodgers only problem might be keeping his players focussed on the job in hand until the final after they wrap up the league in a few weeks time.

I'd put Hibs as favourites to win.

22 minutes ago, AberdeenAngus said:

3rd time Thistle have visited Pittodrie this season easy the worst they've played. On previous 2 visits I was really impressed with how they played.

Some very poor refereeing today - seems to be a common theme this season for most teams. 

Anyone that had 2-0 on would've being going bananas when he blew the final whistle :lol:

43 minutes ago, Ormond said:

You'd almost think there was a higher power making sure you drew the likes of Hamilton at home in order to be there. ;)

But to make sure they would need to assign a really incompetent ref who made lots of honest mistakes...Oh wait a minute...

1 minute ago, Ormond said:

Other than Louch reporting me for using the word Hun, no.

I know that myself and parkie are in the anti Rangers club, I think another might be Rossy. You're welcome to join us.

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I know that myself and parkie are in the anti Rangers club, I think another might be Rossy. You're welcome to join us.

I used to be in the anti-Sheep club I think 3-4 years ago but Rossy pulled me out of that I think. Deecie probably thinks I'm still in it but between you and I, we're having a secret gig to oust him as a secret Hun. Parkie and I made up and we are now pen-pals. My Wife gets as jealous as f'vck when we message. Dandydunn sends me red and white socks every year as a gift. I have a poster on the ceiling of him for when my Mrs rides me.

Edited by Ormond