Midweek fitba - Page 28 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Midweek fitba

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, euan2020 said:

1 l(Sammon) but 2nd - the guy was standing bout metre away 

I've only seen the first one once but at the time I thought it was nailed on.  As did Andy Walker and that takes some doing! :lol:

Guest BlueGaz
35 minutes ago, euan2020 said:

1 l(Sammon) but 2nd - the guy was standing bout metre away 

That wasn't the 2nd for me, it was the guy faking a foul near the by line and falling over, and deliberately touched the ball.  Ref obviously gave a foul to them, but it was a blatant dive and hand ball.  The 1st was so obvious, just paranoia we always get them, refs are just as bad for everyone these days.

Edited by BlueGaz

2 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

That wasn't the 2nd for me, it was the guy faking a foul near the by line and falling over, and deliberately touched the ball.  Ref obviously gave a foul to them, but it was a blatant dive and hand ball.  The 1st was so obvious, just paranoia we always get them, refs are just as bad for everyone these days.

Modern day ("clever") foul - every day of the week.  Never ever a pen.  

7 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

That's not the one I was meaning.  There was one in the first half and then the Sammon one in the second.  Both were pens for me but hey ho, these things happen.  We didn't deserve to win the game anyway.  The only encouraging thing I can say about that performance last night is that it was better than the first half on Saturday!

Guest BlueGaz
9 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Modern day ("clever") foul - every day of the week.  Never ever a pen.  

Needs to be contact to be a foul.  Being in the vicinity and moving air around the player shouldn't be enough to put him off balance and fall over.  Agree it is modern day foul, clever play and many at it, unfortunately.  100% pen by the laws of the game.

Edited by BlueGaz

Guest BlueGaz
3 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

That's not the one I was meaning.  There was one in the first half and then the Sammon one in the second.  Both were pens for me but hey ho, these things happen.  We didn't deserve to win the game anyway.  The only encouraging thing I can say about that performance last night is that it was better than the first half on Saturday!

I know which one you meant mate, but too close and no time to move arm for me on that one.  Slightly better.

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

What's Cathro's record since he took over? 

4 wins in 19. 

1 hour ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Not sure exactly, but they were in 2nd place.

That's misleading. Pretty sure they were 2nd when Neilson left but 3rd when Cathro took over. Both Aberdeen and Rangers had games in hand on Hearts when they were 2nd too. 

16 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Hardly surprising TBH. 

Unfortunately this was bound to happen.  The song book seemed to be out in force last night.  I'm sure our new catholic manager will find it hilarious when it's explained to him.....:rolleyes:

We had a boy in our year who supported Rangers. Used to go to Ibrox and wear the full kit going up to get communion. I could never understand it.

That was back in the 90s when they were winning everything  mind you, not seen him for years but I often wonder if he still does. 

Every time I see that wee Abdul guy who hangs about with the EDL it reminds me of him.

7 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

We had a boy in our year who supported Rangers. Used to go to Ibrox and wear the full kit going up to get communion. I could never understand it.

That was back in the 90s when they were winning everything  mind you, not seen him for years but I often wonder if he still does. 

Every time I see that wee Abdul guy who hangs about with the EDL it reminds me of him.

There were a couple of Rangers fans in my year at school (St Andrews) and pretty same as the above guys. Fair play to them, both were Catholic but were from mixed marriages (like myself) and went to football with their dad's.

I don't know if I could sit with guys singing that kind of stuff though, some of the stuff on the train home last night was brutal. Really, really gutter stuff. Plenty of good Rangers fans but there's certainly a large section of their support that are utter pond-life.

That said, I know plenty of non Catholic Celtic fans, there's quite a few in my group of friends. Although Celtic don't have many regularly sung songs to my knowledge about hating prods? Might be wrong but they've always seemed to have a bigger "Celtic songbook" with actually football related songs, although they definitely have their fair share of songs I'd never want associated with and make me glad I support neither side.

I had a lucky escape, one Grandad who supported Ayr and the other Celtic. Thankfully my dad saw sense!

Just now, Squirrelhumper said:

That said, I know plenty of non Catholic Celtic fans, there's quite a few in my group of friends. Although Celtic don't have many regularly sung songs to my knowledge about hating prods? Might be wrong but they've always seemed to have a bigger "Celtic songbook" with actually football related songs, although they definitely have their fair share of songs I'd never want associated with and make me glad I support neither side.

I can understand non Catholics supporting Celtic. The songs you are probably referring to are songs about Republicanism, which aren't for everybody and that's fair enough but you wouldn't hear anything anti protestant, or anti any other religion for that matter.

Back in the days of the jungle, and during the troubles, you'd get a few halfwits changing the chorus of the Wolftones song  "Were on the one road" to "soon there'll be no protestants at all" but that was a long long time ago and if you tried it now, you'd probably end up with a sore face, especially in the standing section where the GB congregate.

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Only one I can think of is Roamin the in the Gloamin.

:lol:

Forgot all about that one! Not heard that for years either

"and when the music stops, fuk King Billy and John Knox"

Pretty tragic stuff tbh :wtf:

27 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Unfortunately this was bound to happen.  The song book seemed to be out in force last night.  I'm sure our new catholic manager will find it hilarious when it's explained to him.....:rolleyes:

Unfortunately your catholic manager is not the brightest light in the street -  someone from Ibrox did a good sales job on him and he must now realise what a load of Shite he has acquired - mind you "your man"  from south africa will soon be opening his cheque book and splashing out 20 or 30 million on players.  ;)

As for the choir and there song book , unfortunately they are what they are and one day they will grow up as for the over 50's then its a good argument to approve euthanasia 

19 minutes ago, wellyman said:

As for the choir and there song book , unfortunately they are what they are and one day they will grow up as for the over 50's then its a good argument to approve euthanasia 

The worst ones on the train last night were in their 40s and 50s, the younger ones seemed fairly normal.

If Celtic beat Kilmarnock on Saturday then the top 6 will be confirmed, any chance of the SPFL releasing the post split fixtures if this happens, or do we have to wait until week 33 is over?