Midweek fitba - Page 19 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Midweek fitba

58 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I see Rangers have appealed his red.

:lol:

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39146255

3:10 in to video.

Presuming going through the back of someone's ankle and not getting the ball is ok, he should be fine....

What we are really hoping for is we lose the appeal and they actually extend his ban so we don't have to pick him for an extra game or 2 :)

Edited by theweestevie

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Ive only seen the tackle twice at full speed from different angles but to be honest I thought it was only worth a yellow. 

No studs showing, he wasn't out of control and it didn't look that reckless. 

It might be I'm not seeing something that's obvious in the slow motion replays but really not seeing a straight red in that tackle. 

The 2nd angle on the link looks much worse than the 1st.

10 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

What we are really hoping for is we lose the appeal and they actually extend his ban so we don't have to pick him for an extra game or 2 :)

:lol:

the SFA are trolling Rangers by refusing to ban him.

Guest BlueGaz
1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Ive only seen the tackle twice at full speed from different angles but to be honest I thought it was only worth a yellow. 

I thought it was a red at the game but also haven't seen an angle that shows it as a straight red since.  But, we could do without him being available for a few games as has been mentioned.  Far more worried at scraping a win against 11 lumps than I am about his tackle.  We need a goalscorer or two, simple as that.  We should have/could have won that game by 3 or 4 if we could fookin score.

4 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

I thought it was a red at the game but also haven't seen an angle that shows it as a straight red since.  But, we could do without him being available for a few games as has been mentioned.  Far more worried at scraping a win against 11 lumps than I am about his tackle.  We need a goalscorer or two, simple as that.  We should have/could have won that game by 3 or 4 if we could fookin score.

Totally agree. Not actually bothered if he's banned or not. Just didn't think it was that bad a challenge. 

We definitely need a finisher. So many chances have go elsewhere a begging this season it's unreal. 

On 01/03/2017 at 6:16 PM, Jersey Jim said:

That is tempting.

Just put a double on St Mirren to win their next 2 games with Corals, priced at 9/2 tonight and 40/1 on Sunday, 40/1 FFS :lol:

I dare to dream, me and Marky are going halfs if the unlikely happens 

Just now, Toepoke said:

Really making a game of it now. 

5th official gives them a penalty! 3-0....

Could be the greatest comeback in European Fitba since Kilmarnock   won 5-1 at home .. to some mob a long time ago.... ;-)

Also, how come we couldn't get seeing the Edinburgh derby a couple of weeks ago because of the CL yet tonight we have Man City and Stoke?

Edited to say I see that's already been asked.

Edited by Reevesy