The 45 - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Yes, and.........there's no way you look 45. :D

Remember my phone debacle, well can you email me your number please? :)

You mean you haven't already ordered 3 boxes following your recent online shopping spree ?

:D

Been too busy trying to find a marmoset that'll fit into the corduroy tunic I ordered! :(

I think it is time for people to let others move forward the way they want to.

Exactly. Was told last night that the 45 is antagonistic, I suppose telling them to "f*uck off" didn't help my argument. I want to be proud of my Yes vote, even more so of my fellow Glaswegian's Yes votes. I've talked to total strangers since the referendum purely because of Yes stickers on cars, badges and saltires flown and been given information that I maybe wouldn't have found otherwise.

Plus it p's off my neighbours, which is always fun.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see how parading you where one of the 45 % gets us any closer to the end result that 45% of us wanted. Time to move on from the referendum. Take the lessons learnt and we can do better next time. No time for elitism from the losing side.

That's nonsense and misses the point as to why badges were/ are worn.

Pre-referendum I was challenged by someone that wearing a Yes badge meant that I was making a statement that somehow I was "superior".

I gently pointed out that the reason Yessers wear badges was simply to show support and was a measure of gathering momentum.

The Yes movement is not dead and badges are a visible reminder to that fact.

Was talking to Colin Fox yesterday. He was out campaigning at the East End of Princes St and he'd simply amended the Yes posters to Still Yes. Didn't have any badges with that on it but seems an obvious slogan.

Good idea.

I think using the slogan 45 has been great post referendum but should quickly be changed to something else that can include no voters

I agree with you. There's been a post-IndyRef period that's involved a lot of introspection, almost grief in a way, and 'the 45' has been a way of dealing with the devastation that a lot of Yessers felt, something to unite around and keep the heid.

The way forward has to be some kind of Yes alliance. After the Kelvin review, we'll see what's on offer. I'm not that hopeful of anything substantial that will avoid Scotland not getting less than it pays in. We need a push for Home Rule from our representatives on Kelvin as much as is possible but after that, the General Election is paramount. I want tactical maximus, the SSP and Greens shouldn't stand where there's a chance of an SNP seat - in places like Dunfermline. Labour need to get smashed. They are a total disgrace.

As an example, if anyone's interested in more local affairs, the local Labour council have decided to close Pitcorthie primary school, something that Cara Hilton 'vowed' to protect in her election campaign.

Yon Cara Hilton, the most recent Labour addition to Holyrood has blamed the SNP government as has daft Tommy Docherty, the MP. People see through this. There is a lot of local anger at the way Labour have behaved over this.

http://www.dunfermlinepress.com/news/roundup/articles/2014/10/02/511533-dunfermlines-msp-and-mp-slam-disgraceful-decision-to-close-pitcorthie-primary-school/

Yes Alliance, smash Labour - that's the future.

I think it is time for people to let others move forward the way they want to.

Is it really moving on if you at clinging on to a defeat? We lost, we need to do better than 45. This no honour in not getting to 51 plus.

Is it really moving on if you at clinging on to a defeat? We lost, we need to do better than 45. This no honour in not getting to 51 plus.

It does absolutely no good telling people to "get over it". Some will take longer than others to work through things and people should be allowed to do so in their own way at their own pace and if some don't ever want to move on that is up to them too. There is nothing more likely to cause anger, division and resentment than people telling others what the "correct" response is.

It does absolutely no good telling people to "get over it". Some will take longer than others to work through things and people should be allowed to do so in their own way at their own pace and if some don't ever want to move on that is up to them too. There is nothing more likely to cause anger, division and resentment than people telling others what the "correct" response is.

You tell 'em Lamia

You tell 'em Lamia

Agree x100.

I'm slowly, slowly starting to move on. Football will not be the same for a while, but focussing on posititvity - looking forward to being involved with the SNP and getting us as many SNP/YesAlliance MPs back to Westminister and fight for Devo Max in the mean time.

No one should be told to move on or get over it. I've heard a few Yes than thou pals/voters in person telling others to shake it off etc.

It's a hugely emotional issue for many, and some cannot just accept defeat, and if by putting a 45 Twibbon, badge, or heck some even have tattoos is what they want to do, then fair dues to them, who am I or any of us to judge.

So many of the 1.6 million who voted yes put so much effort, time and their own money in to this beast that they deserve that right. And we as a free country should respect their will also.

I haven't said anywhere that anyone should get over it have I? .I still wear my yes badge on my lapel. Making 45% into some type of group is wrong to me. 45 isn't a winning number, and how can no voters get on board? I don't get the mentality of revelling in a Glorious defeat. We lost. Next time we have to do more and get to 51+

Causes of anger , division and resentment is less likely to happen when you reply "correct" to what I actually said. not your tangent reply.

I haven't said anywhere that anyone should get over it have I? .I still wear my yes badge on my lapel. Making 45% into some type of group is wrong to me. 45 isn't a winning number, and how can no voters get on board? I don't get the mentality of revelling in a Glorious defeat. We lost. Next time we have to do more and get to 51+

Causes of anger , division and resentment is less likely to happen when you reply "correct" to what I actually said. not your tangent reply.

Why is wearing a Yes badge not being part of an elite wee group or revelling in being part of a losing side? I like being part of the 45%. I think it's amazing we reached 45% with every major newspaper and news agency against Independence, absolutely amazing. I'll happily give out 45 pins every time someone says to me "I think I made a big mistake with my no vote.". It'll be a nice memento for when we eventually win. The Yes is probably the most 'dead' sticker/badge/etc, although I still have one on my car and still have it cut into my front lawn. As long as you're not marching under a banner depicting William of Orange or screaming abuse and pushing over some young girl with a Saltiire over her shoulder then I wouldn't worry too much about being devisive, that lot seem to hold the crown.

The independence movement presumably moves forward with a mix of existing institutions and new slogans.

The specific idea of '45' could serve to draw attention to the need for adequate representation of the point of view of a large minority of the population, in public life, state media, etc. and not to take for granted a default position of unionism.

I personally am not that into 'the 45' but if the most divisive thing that comes out of the referendum is some folk wearing wee 45 badges then we should be thankful for small mercies.

Imagine if you like the rage and carnage that would ensue had the unionists been 'the 45'.

Compared to that the yes campaign (continuing) has nothing to apologise for.

Your opinion, you are entitled to it. I will not say correct because don't think trying to tell people what they should or shouldn't do will stop rifts it will just increase them more than they are. If someone wants to wear a 45 badge who is anyone to say that they shoudn't. That is their way of dealing with it - you disagree but who is to say who is right. Each to their own.

Edited by Lamia