Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 160 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

Guest BlueGaz
33 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

There's a "Would you welcome him back" poll on FF that is currently around 67/33 in favour of him returning.  He was very heavily linked with a return in the summer but it never came to fruition.  There will be a vocal minority who wouldn't want him back but I'd imagine they'd soon pipe down (as with the "stick yer Kenny Miller" crowd).

Personally, while I was really disappointed with the way he handled his departure, with the benefit of hindsight I can appreciate all the players back then were in a completely unknown and very difficult situation.  I think Naismith has came out and said as much and he would do if differently if he had the time again.  I'd have him back as he;d definitely improve our squad (better than Pena?  Aye!!).

I'd take Ally and Hately back right now, both up front.

16 hours ago, Mitre said:

Miller has ruptured his hamstring so I imagine that’s him finished now.

Paves the way for a Naismith deal I reckon.

I appreciate Naismith is not the most popular around Ibrox but I think he is the sort of player we need right now. Sad that Miller will probably end his career in this way. Great professional, sometimes utterly annoying but also proved a lot of doubters wrong. 

Edited by EddardStark

22 hours ago, SpiderAlba said:

Back in 2012, ra peepul declared Naismith and co to be "traitors to The Crown, the British Empire, Ulster and oor Protestant faith" and that they were also "taigs, declans, priest lovers, Sinn Fein sympathisers and paid agents of Rome."

That seemed to be the gist of it on followfollow and rangersmedia anyway.

They all seemed to be a trifle angry, confused and extremely bigoted.

That's the problem with thinking that Rangersmedia or FollowFollow represents the majority of the fan base. They don't. Those are the places that the vocal lunatic fringe hangout. 

Ive been banned from them more times than I can remember for pointing out the bigots and twats. 😀 

I can't even remember all of the usernames that have bitten the virtual dust. 

I'd have Naismith back like a shot.

19 hours ago, Mitre said:

Miller has ruptured his hamstring so I imagine that’s him finished now.

Paves the way for a Naismith deal I reckon.

Surely the biggest stumbling block is the cost? 

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

Surely the biggest stumbling block is the cost? 

I don't think the cost will be as much as folk think.....Norwich want him off the wagebill, he wants up the road....he's made his money. He's building a massive big house in Stewarton too. His missus is a dentist so I think he'd take a hit to come back up the road and let her get on with that.

Could be entirely wrong but from what I've heard, he just wants back up road before kids etc go to school.

16 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I don't think the cost will be as much as folk think.....Norwich want him off the wagebill, he wants up the road....he's made his money. He's building a massive big house in Stewarton too. His missus is a dentist so I think he'd take a hit to come back up the road and let her get on with that.

Could be entirely wrong but from what I've heard, he just wants back up road before kids etc go to school.

15 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

He's on 50k a week at Norwich, was on similar at end up in Everton and would have been on decent money at Rangers. He's a smart kid....he's set for life.

Surely he's not going to come and be on less than the other top earners at Rangers though? That'd be a bit insulting. 

21 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Surely he's not going to come and be on less than the other top earners at Rangers though? That'd be a bit insulting. 

He was quoted during the week as saying he's in a lucky position that when he does come back to Scotland his next move won't need to be based on money.  I think I also seen a quote where he said he feels he has "unfinished business" at Rangers, or words to that effect.  It wouldn't surprise me if we ship Pena back to Mexico at least on loan in January.  I'd assume he's one of our highest earners so that could possibly free up some funds.

3 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

The assumption seems to be that if Naismith returns to Scotland he'd automatically select Rangers and it's just a case of whether or not Rangers fans would accept him. 

Perhaps he'll show some ambition and come to Aberdeen?! 

😝

I think if he does come back it'll be Rangers, Killie or Aberdeen.  The Rangers and Killie connections are obvious.  Killie made a pretty bold move by going for, and getting, Stevie Clark and it would be a huge statement if they could persuade Naismith to join up as well.  Aberdeen wouldn't surprise me at all as it would get him his move back to Scotland without the additional scrutiny and pressure he'd be under playing for Rangers again, plus just as much chance (or more) to actually compete for trophies again.  Would Aberdeen work for him logistically though if he's planning on moving to a house in Stewarton?

19 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Would Aberdeen work for him logistically though if he's planning on moving to a house in Stewarton?

I was thinking the same. Anywhere north of Birmingham is logistically as good as Aberdeen. So would think it’s a club in the central belt he’s looking for.

Edited by sbcmfc

Wonder if he’s on Motherwell’s radar actually? Would need to drop his salary 20 fold, which may be a stumbling block.

:lol:

We had apparently made an unprecedented (post admin) offer to Moult to keep him, so possibly could make him a good offer by our standards...

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

I think if he does come back it'll be Rangers, Killie or Aberdeen.  The Rangers and Killie connections are obvious.  Killie made a pretty bold move by going for, and getting, Stevie Clark and it would be a huge statement if they could persuade Naismith to join up as well.  Aberdeen wouldn't surprise me at all as it would get him his move back to Scotland without the additional scrutiny and pressure he'd be under playing for Rangers again, plus just as much chance (or more) to actually compete for trophies again.  Would Aberdeen work for him logistically though if he's planning on moving to a house in Stewarton?

Stop being so reasonable!  I think Rangers is the obvious choice and suspect he will end up there.  Think he'd be an excellent addition for Aberdeen but probably too far out of his way even if only for a couple of end of career seasons. In terms of the league, would be brilliant if he went back to Killie.

2 hours ago, Langtonian said:

Dont be taken in by this ‘next move wont need to be based on money ‘ pash

Naismith is no different to any other player/ manager

Cash is king(mabe  not in Daves world)

Could name numerous players/managers who made a move based on locality/affection for a particular team rather than money.....it's not completely uncommon. Especially when the player is 30+.

2 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

The assumption seems to be that if Naismith returns to Scotland he'd automatically select Rangers and it's just a case of whether or not Rangers fans would accept him. 

Perhaps he'll show some ambition and come to Aberdeen?! 

😝

I honestly think the only two teams he'd sign for up here would be Killie or Rangers. Time will tell I suppose.

13 minutes ago, Marky said:

Just about the best possible outcome for St. Mirren under the circumstances. 

Would they not get that or slightly more as a development fee anyway?

Although if they loan him back suppose it’s no loss provided they don’t meet Celtic in the cup.

57 minutes ago, Marky said:

Just about the best possible outcome for St. Mirren under the circumstances. 

First read the story I though 300k was a steal given the praise he is been getting, should Saints not be holding out for more money from an English/foreign team?? 

14 minutes ago, Langtonian said:

Minority

You're wrong about Naismith, just accept it. 

He's donated to a multitude of charities and still financially supports the boys club he played for. 

He seems to be a generous, decent guy and the venal attitude you are describing doesn't fit with that picture.