Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 156 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

12 minutes ago, Stewart_Aberdeen said:

Kenny McLean not signing a new deal with Aberdeen.

Was just about to post this. 

Fantastic news, hopefully he never dons (pardon the pun) the dons shirt again. 

Feel sorry for the decent rangers fans here that will have a dream midfield of McLean and Jack next year :rollsmile:

21 minutes ago, Stewart_Aberdeen said:

Great news. I've waited quite some time for this news. Great that we'll no longer have to endure game after game with him contributing feck all. 

As DD says, he should never play for Aberdeen again. Get him training with the youth team and give him to anyone who'll take him in January. 

Guest BlueGaz
19 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Was just about to post this. 

Fantastic news, hopefully he never dons (pardon the pun) the dons shirt again. 

Feel sorry for the decent rangers fans here that will have a dream midfield of McLean and Jack next year :rollsmile:

Jack is doing ok, but please, please not McLean.  Pedro may be after him, but hopefully he won't be here long enough to do anything about it.  

I wish I could add a video off of my phone here. 

Typical clip of him against Hibs, lost possession to McGinn who storms up the park, as McLean picks himself and just looks around at others to see who will tackle him instead of tracking back and attempting to win possession again. 

Boys an arsehole, I’m delighted with today’s news. 

44 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Great news. I've waited quite some time for this news. Great that we'll no longer have to endure game after game with him contributing feck all. 

As DD says, he should never play for Aberdeen again. Get him training with the youth team and give him to anyone who'll take him in January. 

Mcinnes has said he'll be a key player for the rest of the campaign so he'll surely be playing until he signs for someone else.

Seems pleased with his honesty but that might be a dig at someone else of course.

12 minutes ago, Stewart_Aberdeen said:

Mcinnes has said he'll be a key player for the rest of the campaign so he'll surely be playing until he signs for someone else.

Seems pleased with his honesty but that might be a dig at someone else of course.

McInnes is a walloped who didn’t learn his lesson from Jack. It was moronic not to sell McLean in the summer. This was always going to happen. 

Did mention he’s also a waste of a shirt 80% of the time? 

57 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I never thought he was as bad as is made out by some but was never close to £300,000 or a Scotland cap.

Rather disappointed that we'll not be getting any of the money we spent on him back but at least we won't have to replace as many of footballs due to his shovel foot hitting it over the Merkland.

4 hours ago, Stewart_Aberdeen said:

Brilliant news. It's almost as good as a new signing!!

Shame he hasn't been sent on garden leave with immediate effect. Although the garden would be a shambles after a few weeks unless someone else came and sorted it out for him. 

Edited by SMcoolJ

1 hour ago, theweestevie said:

Apparently a significant sum of Money will be made available to the new manager. Who knows what that will be.

A significant war chest? Sounds like the Valkyries are coming. 😀 

Let's face it, we need to offload some keech first. 

On 27/10/2017 at 12:43 AM, RenfrewBlue said:

Eck and Billy Davies getting touted again. I'd rather just close the doors and start watching lacrosse than have Billy Davies. He's an utter fruitloop that talks about himself in the third person. 

And Eck would be dull. So he's probably going to be appointed tomorrow. 

i really hope its Him, would be hilarious.......if youre not a rangers fan

On 27/10/2017 at 3:49 PM, theweestevie said:

Apparently a significant sum of Money will be made available to the new manager. Who knows what that will be.

they say this all the time surley

12 hours ago, Flure said:

I do hope nobody says “a deal that will keep him at Celtic Park until 2023”. This is about transfer value. No more, no less.

Hugh Keevins basically suggested, on Clyde 1, that Tierney may be the new one club superstar. 

Admittedly that was after the presenter joked that his next contract would be as the replacement for Brendan Rodgers. 😀 

Not sure Shug realised it was a joke. 

12 hours ago, Flure said:

I do hope nobody says “a deal that will keep him at Celtic Park until 2023”. This is about transfer value. No more, no less.

Aye. Previously he was on a deal to keep him at Celtic til 2022 so not much difference. Although his wages might have got bumped up as part of it?...

15 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Aye. Previously he was on a deal to keep him at Celtic til 2022 so not much difference. Although his wages might have got bumped up as part of it?...

That wage bump is a possibility. And good luck to him if he's managed it.

13 hours ago, Flure said:

I'm not so sure, he is probably getting the wage rise he deserves and whilst I think he'll want to go down south eventually, he's only just turned 20, already captained his boyhood heroes and will have one eye on being captain for `10IAR.

He's very unusual in the sense that he seems very grounded, with his head screwed on. Talks about his family a lot in interviews and how much it means to them seeing him playing for the club they all support.

He'll definitely go one day but I think he might wait until he's 23/24 at least before doing so.

I saw these the other night on my mates facebook. He's an actual game going Celtic fan, not just "the club I always wanted to play for" kinda old firm fan.

There's not many players who would have got the kinda of injury he got at Hampden in May and be so determined to get back to lift he cup. Most would be posting pictures of their injury on Twitter!

One thing is for sure, he'll be a Scotland great.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

Just now, Squirrelhumper said:

I'm not so sure, he is probably getting the wage riser he deserves and whilst I think he'll want to go down south eventually, he's only just turned 20, already captained his boyhood heroes and will have one eye on being captain for `10IAR.

He's very unusual in the sense that he seems very grounded, with his head screwed on. Talks about his family a lot in interviews and how much it means to them seeing him playing for the club they all support.

He'll definitely go one day but I think we might wait until he's 23/24 at least before doing so.

I saw these the other night on my mates facebook. He's an actual game going Celtic fan, not just "the club I always wanted to play for" kinda old firm fan.

There's not many players who would have got the kinda of injury he got at Hampden in May and be so determined to get back to lift he cup. Most would be posting pictures of their injury on Twitter!

One thing is for sure, he'll be a Scotland great.

Oh, I'm not saying that he WON'T be at Celtic Park until 2023, it's just the folk who say that this "ties him" or means that he "WILL be".

THAT'S what annoys me.

And folk that post links to the Daily Mail, obviously.