This Weekends Games - Page 144 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Reevesy said:

I'm guessing it has an early Sunday one too cos we were in it before the game last week, which was a 12.30 kick off.

Most boozers open at 11am on a sunday now anyway after the drinking laws were changed? I know my local(s) in Killie, Glasgow & Saltcoats do!

Raith rovers have to be worth a punt the now saw on pie and Bovril, Hibs are playing youth players and reserve players tonight and Raith are as big as 6/1 and all 3 meetings so far have ended in draws.  Surely 6/1 is good odds on a team that need a result against a team who have nothing to play for.

17 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

Selfishly, desperately want Hibs and Dundee Utd up, Inverness and Ross County down, so will be watching the results.

Gaz, the way we are playing we will be lucky to make the final play off. So you may have to wait a bit longer for a trip to Tannadice.

13 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Never been to either, but planning going to Inverness for the last game of the season, hoping it's a meaningless game!

:lol:

Reckon 4 points should be enough to avoid automatic relegation for Motherwell. 6+ probably guarantee avoiding play off.

A win on Saturday v Dundee would very much put the Dundee v United play off on the cards!

are you thinking we might actually make the final play off spot. there seems to be a lot more optimism among other fans than arabs on that one!! :lol:

13 hours ago, wembley67lisbon said:

Hearts giving us the full roseburn again next year. 

not yet. If we sell enough season tickets it will be the same as this year. Having said that, I doubt very much we will sell anything like the extra 3,000 that we would need so chances are it will be the full stand. Makes sense as we lose thousands of pounds due to segregation seats not being sold 

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye, ideal location! Fall off train straight into the pub!

It's almost (along with Killie) one of the few places still to have a Wimpy ha!

Does the train not cost a fortune to get there? Always been a supporters bus for me, but would like the novelty of the train for a one off.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Most boozers open at 11am on a sunday now anyway after the drinking laws were changed? I know my local(s) in Killie, Glasgow & Saltcoats do!

Are they? I've probably just not been paying attention.

Been a while since I was a Sunday club regular mind you, I think you're around my age so you'll also know the struggle of sitting in a Sunday morning gaff after the dancing and having to wait until 12.30 to get served again. Not good. Although it did usually lead to some interesting cocktails getting made with whatever else was left.

24 minutes ago, dipped flake said:

not yet. If we sell enough season tickets it will be the same as this year. Having said that, I doubt very much we will sell anything like the extra 3,000 that we would need so chances are it will be the full stand. Makes sense as we lose thousands of pounds due to segregation seats not being sold 

Is it the same for AFC? I'll maybe be able to get an away end ticket again next season! 

11 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Is it the same for AFC? I'll maybe be able to get an away end ticket again next season! 

This coming season, the Club has reluctantly decided to offer “Cat B+” Season Tickets only, in the Roseburn Stand.  This will mean that all season tickets in this area will only be valid for Category B matches and for our two Category A fixtures with Aberdeen FC.

Edit: Think that means that although they consider Aberdeen to be cat A, and will charge prices to that effect,that Aberdeen will still be given only half the stand.

Edited by Reevesy

17 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Why would you buy a season ticket at tynecastle that didn't include Celtic, Rangers or Hibs?

Thats 1/3 of the games if you get them all twice.

If its 2/3d's (or less) of the price you'd consider it i'd imagine. Might appeal to some who dont want the hassle of being anywhere near supporters of those clubs.

You only have to look at the bigger gaps in the Davie Cooper stand at Fir Park to see these games do make people stay away (particularly families) 

1 hour ago, Reevesy said:

Does the train not cost a fortune to get there? Always been a supporters bus for me, but would like the novelty of the train for a one off.

Are they? I've probably just not been paying attention.

Been a while since I was a Sunday club regular mind you, I think you're around my age so you'll also know the struggle of sitting in a Sunday morning gaff after the dancing and having to wait until 12.30 to get served again. Not good. Although it did usually lead to some interesting cocktails getting made with whatever else was left.

I paid £30 to inverness a few weeks back, can usually get cheaper though via Freindsfare.

Aye, the pub times changed a few years back. You can buy booze at 10am every day now.  

1 hour ago, Reevesy said:

This coming season, the Club has reluctantly decided to offer “Cat B+” Season Tickets only, in the Roseburn Stand.  This will mean that all season tickets in this area will only be valid for Category B matches and for our two Category A fixtures with Aberdeen FC.

Edit: Think that means that although they consider Aberdeen to be cat A, and will charge prices to that effect,that Aberdeen will still be given only half the stand.

Feck Hearts. 

56 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Why would you buy a season ticket at tynecastle that didn't include Celtic, Rangers or Hibs?

Thats 1/3 of the games if you get them all twice.

My seat is in the Roseburn section and I am undecided what I will do. I moved across there a couple of seasons ago when my kids started going.

Its £180 for the upcoming Category B+ season with the kids ones at £30 which works out at £15 a game for me if we end up playing Hibs, Celtic and Rangers twice and I get first priority to buy tickets elsewhere in the stadium for those games.

If I moved across to the Wheatfield or Main to get a decent seat in the Silver sections I would be £320 and £55 for a full season ticket but depending on how many renew available seats may be pretty sparse.

Given I have missed more games than I have actually gone to in the last few seasons I might just stay where I am. Certainly not paying £470 and £110 for a platinum ticket.

Guest BlueGaz
3 hours ago, ShedTA said:

Gaz, the way we are playing we will be lucky to make the final play off. So you may have to wait a bit longer for a trip to Tannadice.

A distance thing for me Shed, with the other 3.  Was the 12 points I was thinking for DUFC.  ;)

An all Dundee play off final would be fantastic, the United fans would surely relish it after being relegated at Dens last season.

Bottom of the championship is going to be an exciting finish too, Raith Rovers v Ayr on the final day could end up huge.

13 hours ago, Geed said:

Raith rovers have to be worth a punt the now saw on pie and Bovril, Hibs are playing youth players and reserve players tonight and Raith are as big as 6/1 and all 3 meetings so far have ended in draws.  Surely 6/1 is good odds on a team that need a result against a team who have nothing to play for.

Do you give out refunds on your advice? 

Only kidding, it was a fair shout.