This Weekends Games - Page 138 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Rossy said:

Sorry Brendan. What school are you at so that I come along and have a ride at yer mum while you're out, you pathetic wee khqunt ?

After that I'll meet you anytime ya wee tit. Just PM me :ok:

Nearly as pathetic as a middle aged man offering a square go over the Internet. 

On 09/04/2017 at 2:17 PM, EddardStark said:

Rossy taking the moral high ground on that thread the other day about the TAMB going to pot as a result of punters dishing out personal abuse and then comes on here last night after a couple of sniffs of the barmaids apron and does exactly that. Fantastic stuff.

53 minutes ago, Big Col said:

The thing that pisses me off is in the media coverage I've seen of the dive the majority of the focus has been on the mistake the officials made.

The focus should be on the cheating player.

Should it balls, its the referees fault. I've no issue with diving at all, its selective moral outrage. Footballers cheat all the time to try and gain advantages and its the refs responsibility to ensure he makes the right decision which in this case he didn't and should rightly be criticised for it. 

19 minutes ago, Mox said:

Should it balls, its the referees fault. I've no issue with diving at all, its selective moral outrage. Footballers cheat all the time to try and gain advantages and its the refs responsibility to ensure he makes the right decision which in this case he didn't and should rightly be criticised for it. 

I think you're both right, the diving doesn't help the referees, and should be punished and presumably will be.

Surely the linesman could see that was a dive? Referees are going to make mistakes, but the assistant referees need to help them out.

37 minutes ago, Mox said:

The deceiver is certainly to be blamed a lot more than the deceived.

45 minutes ago, Mox said:

I disagree with this

Referees should be immune from criticism if they make mistakes and I have no doubt Sundays ref will be taken aside by his bosses. The footballer should also be punished for cheating, he deceived the referee and he was the one who cheated. 

To say its the refs fault for not catching him is.....................well its pretty stupid is what it is.

1 hour ago, Big Col said:
9 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I disagree with this

Referees should be immune from criticism if they make mistakes and I have no doubt Sundays ref will be taken aside by his bosses. The footballer should also be punished for cheating, he deceived the referee and he was the one who cheated. 

To say its the refs fault for not catching him is.....................well its pretty stupid is what it is.

The referees and the assistants job is to ensure the laws of the game are implemented for 90 mins and that those who break the rules are punished accordingly. To say it is not the refs fault for not catching him is literally the opposite of what he is put on a football pitch to do.

This nonsense about punishing players for 'cheating' is just that, nonsense and where do we draw the line? Players cheat in every game, do we punish players accross the board who cheat, whether it be claiming for a corner that they know isn't theirs or  just for diving? 

1 minute ago, Mox said:

The referees and the assistants job is to ensure the laws of the game are implemented for 90 mins and that those who break the rules are punished accordingly. To say it is not the refs fault for not catching him is literally the opposite of what he is put on a football pitch to do.

This nonsense about punishing players for 'cheating' is just that, nonsense and where do we draw the line? Players cheat in every game, do we punish players accross the board who cheat, whether it be claiming for a corner that they know isn't theirs or  just for diving? 

I didn't say it wasn't the refs fault. He has to take a share of the blame

You will never get rid of all forms of cheating but the authorities should be doing all they can to stamp out as much as they can, we are seeing some refs clamping down on the likes of shirt pulling in the box. I wouldn't call claiming a corner you know isn't yours cheating but I would call what the RC player did on Sunday, cheating.

I'm not really getting how anyone would think a player is blameless for cheating, you will have to put your point across a little better if you are going to come out with such a bizarre statement

This to me is just another argument for video assistance. 

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Why would you think we need to be updated? The two of you have made yourselves look pretty stupid here and all because Celtic were involved in a couple of debatable decisions.

It predates the last game, Rossy made some claims about how everyone was shitting it from him, so Slasher called his bluff, and now we all have to see the drink induced tantrum.

It was weeks ago when it first started.

20 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I didn't say it wasn't the refs fault. 

I think did actually but I don't think you meant to. I just thought I should point this out before we get another square go.:lol:

43 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I disagree with this

51 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I disagree with this

Referees shouldn't be immune from criticism if they make mistakes and I have no doubt Sundays ref will be taken aside by his bosses. The footballer should also be punished for cheating, he deceived the referee and he was the one who cheated. 

I meant they shouldn't be immune from criticism 

Edited by vanderark14

Nearly a whole week of pre-fight build up as well. These lads know how to promote an event. That pub will be hoaching. 

All we need is a catchy description like the rumble in the jungle or the thriller in Manila.

If only someone could think of a rhyme with micro brewery. :(

rossy has the immediate  edge due to his ability to become very very very angry giving him a temporary invincibility to pain I would guess. However slasher has an eerie calmness about him that would worry me. That and being called slasher. :lol:

Given that slasher is Celtic fan I'll go out on a limb and say he's from Glasgow. Do we therefore have to factor in his home advantage here? Might he secretly have some chibbed up Glesga ne'erdowells on the sidelines, poised to execute "haunners" at the point Rossy inevitably brings his ASC youth credentials out of mothballs for this one off event and sets aboot stoving Slasher's heid in with a Tizer bottle? If I was Rossy I'd make sure I took a few of my firm chinas just as a wee insurance policy.

Away win for me please.