Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 254 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

McGregor to Leicester seems to be picking up a bit of traction over the last few days. He's definitely good enough to play at a higher level and if Leicester put up the money then I've no doubt he'll be off.

6 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

No word on the development fee, I’d imagine Rangers will try and low ball us and it will go to a tribunal.

Apparently if they use the FIFA model Motherwell could be looking for around £400k.

That doesn't sound unreasonable. Hopefully the clubs can manage to get to an amicable agreement but I'd bet on the tribunal based on the track record. 

7 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

Good to see that Rangers have found their level. Freebie out of contract players and loans from England. It’s almost as if they’re living within their means.....

So are you slagging Rangers for signing out of contract players or for being tight? 

Based on the last few years either one of these would be rather hypocritical. 

23 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

So are you slagging Rangers for signing out of contract players or for being tight? 

You're expecting folk not to mock Rangers? 20 years ago we had stories of David Murray's private jet flying out to pick up Ronaldo. Now it's free transfers for someone who was playing for Alloa 6 months ago.

If you're expecting folk not to laugh at how the once rich and mighty have fallen, then I suggest football fandom isn't for you.

3 hours ago, JECK said:

Hopefully acts as as stepping stone to a bigger club in England, Spain or Germany with a year/18 months.

He might prove me wrong, but I think this will be the best contract the boy will ever get, maybe even he knows it and that’s why he’s milked every penny he can out it.

It will perhaps sound like sour grapes, but I don’t even think Motherwell were that fussed on keeping him as we’ll get a very good fee for a boy that’s played 14 games and been good in half of them.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

He might prove me wrong, but I think this will be the best contract the boy will ever get, maybe even he knows it and that’s why he’s milked every penny he can out it.

It will perhaps sound like sour grapes, but I don’t even think Motherwell were that fussed on keeping him as we’ll get a very good fee for a boy that’s played 14 games and been good in half of them.

Tbf being good in 7 games a season is a lot more than a lot of current Rangers players have managed this season :(

4 hours ago, JECK said:

Hopefully acts as as stepping stone to a bigger club in England, Spain or Germany with a year/18 months.

That'll make Andy Robertson's rise to the top look like a peice of piss considering he was playing for Alloa 6 months ago. 

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

You're expecting folk not to mock Rangers? 20 years ago we had stories of David Murray's private jet flying out to pick up Ronaldo. Now it's free transfers for someone who was playing for Alloa 6 months ago.

If you're expecting folk not to laugh at how the once rich and mighty have fallen, then I suggest football fandom isn't for you.

And if you don't expect me to call out hypocrisy from Aberdeen fans then I'd suggest forums like this aren't for you. 

28 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

And if you don't expect me to call out hypocrisy from Aberdeen fans then I'd suggest forums like this aren't for you. 

Except there's not been any hypocrisy, nor have their been multiple Aberdeen fans commenting on Rangers' signings, so not sure where your plural comes from. 

Apart from that though, you nailed it. 

4 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I’m simply pointing out that Rangers are living within their means and highlighting their current signing policy to demonstrate this. Not sure why that warrants any drama or you trying to label me a hypocrite?!

59 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

I’m simply pointing out that Rangers are living within their means and highlighting their current signing policy to demonstrate this. Not sure why that warrants any drama or you trying to label me a hypocrite?!

I'll accept that. I'm over reacting due to previous nonsense on this very subject. 

Sorry. 

48 minutes ago, Debian said:

His brother posted this on FF.  Says there isn't any truth in it however.  

Id be surprised, as McGregor has at least another season in him. 

If it was at the end of next season I'd maybe believe it a wee bit more.