Rangers 2015/16 championship champions - Page 11 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers 2015/16 championship champions

6 minutes ago, slasher said:

All this shows is precisely why Rangers should have embraced the whole new club thing, re-inventing themselves and making new friends and new impressions along the way. Why they want to cling to their institutionally bigoted history is beyond me. No one can take the history and trophies from the old club away....but if you want to hang on to your history you take the good and the bad. In other words....pay your debts!

So much easier to accept you are re-born, re-incarnated...whatever. If Rangers fans had adopted this attitude it would have totally avoided this bitterness and recrimination that undoubtedly exists and will continue. Craig White killed Rangers and David Murray and the Rangers support let it happen. Get over it and stop blaming everyone else!

Like Celtic did when Fergus bought the biscuit tin?

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Old Firm game this weekend is effectively the Cup Final. Let's face it, neither Hibs nor United have got a hope in hell of beating either Celtic or Rangers. It would be some achievement if Rangers were to win their 34th Scottish Cup this season.

8 minutes ago, Debian said:

Should we start with the Sash or Build my Gallows on Sunday. 

It's your choice. It's a big day. You wouldn't want to get it wrong...standing on the threshold of your first ever Scottish Cup final ;-)

I think both sets of fans have figured out there's safety in numbers. If there are 20,000 singing a song you're safe enough but if there's just a few then Police Scotland might pick you off. The farce that is the OBA.

I guess it must be difficult for the likes of Walter to come to terms with how things have gone for Rangers after the hubristic days of yore.

Reminds me of the day at primary school when one of the class hardmen got diarrhoea over his troosers. He was forced to wear the only alternative they had in the school office, a pair of grey flannel shorts about 3 sizes too wee. They looked like hot pants on him. That guy experienced for an afternoon what Rangers have for four years...

8 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

I guess it must be difficult for the likes of Walter to come to terms with how things have gone for Rangers after the hubristic days of yore.

Reminds me of the day at primary school when one of the class hardmen got diarrhoea over his troosers. He was forced to wear the only alternative they had in the school office, a pair of grey flannel shorts about 3 sizes too wee. They looked like hot pants on him. That guy experienced for an afternoon what Rangers have for four years...

:lol:

Sir Walter probably knows more on what really went on with our fellow member clubs at the time of our descent into the lowest league. Rumors of club chairmen enjoying their work a bit too much tend to stick in the mind. However Sir Walter like all good bears have to move on and look forward to us taking our place in the top flight. He and others can be comforted in the knowledge that what goes around comes around.

As for spending to keep up with Celtic then I am afraid Sir Walter is wrong. We need to keep disciplined. Good to see us secure Harry Forrester until 2019.

9 hours ago, slasher said:

Liquidation RB. Get over it and you'll find everything else will be so much easier.

? If you say so.

For the avoidance of doubt, just as your opinion of your club is not affected by anything I say my opinion of my club is not affected by anything you say.

And in my humble opinion that's the best way to be. 

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

? If you say so.

For the avoidance of doubt, just as your opinion of your club is not affected by anything I say my opinion of my club is not affected by anything you say.

And in my humble opinion that's the best way to be. 

It's not an opinion. It's a fact. The differences between a) paying your debts, b, going into administration and agreeing a cva and c) being liquidated are quite stark.

If you really want to equate what happened with other clubs then read Gretna, Airdrieonians and Clydebank.

Rangers 1872-2012 rip. New Rangers, new chapter... simples. No amount of airbrushing by the media will change it and the rest of Scottish football will NEVER forget. 

I accept you and the rest of the Rangers support will believe otherwise and you're entitled to think what you like.....but you could all have saved yourselves a lot of heartache by accepting the truth.

Edited by slasher

10 hours ago, Stu101 said:

I have no idea why we have to like each others football teams.

Have to agree. Arguing about fitba' teams is one of our birth-right's.    

1 hour ago, slasher said:

It's not an opinion. It's a fact. The differences between a) paying your debts, b, going into administration and agreeing a cva and c) being liquidated are quite stark.

If you really want to equate what happened with other clubs then read Gretna, Airdrieonians and Clydebank.

Rangers 1872-2012 rip. New Rangers, new chapter... simples. No amount of airbrushing by the media will change it and the rest of Scottish football will NEVER forget. 

I accept you and the rest of the Rangers support will believe otherwise and you're entitled to think what you like.....but you could all have saved yourselves a lot of heartache by accepting the truth.

Ffs no' this AGAIN?  You can surely see the irony in this? 

Seriously sir, why on earth does this bother you? Just sing yer jelly and ice cream song and be done with it. 

1 hour ago, slasher said:

So a football club is nothing more than a legal entity?

On Tuesday, April 12, 2016 at 7:21 AM, Louch said:

Bunch of grown men acting like teenagers saying they hate their ex, but checking their fb and instagram each day to mke sure their new life without them isn't better than what they had. 

I like to think of it more as like a grown man taking the petted lip on an internet message board before committing the most fantastic internet suicide complete with a fantastically melodramatic suicide note but all the time unable to stay away before finally crawling back on again when his little angst ridden petulant outburst has subsided.

22 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

So it does! :wink2:

Yip. I think in the approx 1000 page old Rangers thread I posted once.

So, yes as you can see it consumes me. Although I'm not quite sure why I'm suddenly having to defend myself B)

12 minutes ago, slasher said:

Yip. I think in the approx 1000 page old Rangers thread I posted once.

So, yes as you can see it consumes me. Although I'm not quite sure why I'm suddenly having to defend myself B)

Sevcopathic behavior can be treated. All the best in your battle with the this debilitating condition. ?

53 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

So a football club is nothing more than a legal entity?

You and I could get into a 10 page debate but it wouldn't change my opinion or yours so why bother?

Craigy Whyte killed 140 years of history aided and abetted by David Murray. Who said so? Charles Green, Dave King, Walter Smith, countless Rangers employees and the entire media at the time.

Just because the present encumbants want to airbrush history doesn't mean we all have to play along.

34 minutes ago, slasher said:

You and I could get into a 10 page debate but it wouldn't change my opinion or yours so why bother?

Craigy Whyte killed 140 years of history aided and abetted by David Murray. Who said so? Charles Green, Dave King, Walter Smith, countless Rangers employees and the entire media at the time.

Just because the present encumbants want to airbrush history doesn't mean we all have to play along.

It's almost as if Charles Green was trying to drive the price down.  Just because a few ill informed people at the time got it wrong doesn't mean we all have to play along! :ok:

43 minutes ago, slasher said:

It wouldn't take me 10 pages to show you are wrong.