Rangers 2015/16 championship champions - Page 12 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers 2015/16 championship champions

6 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Sir Walter probably knows more on what really went on with our fellow member clubs at the time of our descent into the lowest league. Rumors of club chairmen enjoying their work a bit too much tend to stick in the mind. However Sir Walter like all good bears have to move on and look forward to us taking our place in the top flight. He and others can be comforted in the knowledge that what goes around comes around.

As for spending to keep up with Celtic then I am afraid Sir Walter is wrong. We need to keep disciplined. Good to see us secure Harry Forrester until 2019.

it wont "come around" Eddard because no-one did this to your club. the people managing your club did it to yourselves. I wonder if the 100+ creditors who were stiffed feel the same as you?

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, slasher said:

It's not an opinion. It's a fact. The differences between a) paying your debts, b, going into administration and agreeing a cva and c) being liquidated are quite stark.

If you really want to equate what happened with other clubs then read Gretna, Airdrieonians and Clydebank.

Rangers 1872-2012 rip. New Rangers, new chapter... simples. No amount of airbrushing by the media will change it and the rest of Scottish football will NEVER forget. 

I accept you and the rest of the Rangers support will believe otherwise and you're entitled to think what you like.....but you could all have saved yourselves a lot of heartache by accepting the truth.

You use words like fact and truth when providing an opinion. 

As I said, if I belive it's the same club then to me it's the same club. That's my opinion. Your view on this is utterly immaterial. 

I have no idea what makes you think you have the right to dictate what I think or believe. Seems like the Celtic fans are acting like thought police on this. ? 

So in my opinion and that of the SFA and UEFA it's the same club. You're entitled to disagree all you like but you cannot dictate what others believe. 

Happy?

37 minutes ago, Parklife said:

"Rangers are deid and it's a new club" 

"Naw it isnae, it's just the company that went bust, the club is still the same" 

Repeat ad infinitum. :crazy: 

Exactly what I was alluding to a couple of pages back. You would think folk would get bored of repeating the same thing over and over and over. How the it STILL bothers people, four years on, is a complete mystery to me. 

1 hour ago, Angus_Young said:

Exactly what I was alluding to a couple of pages back. You would think folk would get bored of repeating the same thing over and over and over. How the it STILL bothers people, four years on, is a complete mystery to me. 

I think it's some of the shite that keeps rearing it's head as per Wattie Smith that annoys people.

4 years on there's little change and the bile keeps on seeping out from some. He/they now assume they are back on will get "revenge" for some perceived injustice. 

I think that's the sort of thing that pisses people off and the thought of what may now reappear in it's old, full blown version again (it's been simmering away).

16 minutes ago, fringo said:

I think it's some of the shite that keeps rearing it's head as per Wattie Smith that annoys people.

4 years on there's little change and the bile keeps on seeping out from some. He/they now assume they are back on will get "revenge" for some perceived injustice. 

I think that's the sort of thing that pisses people off and the thought of what may now reappear in it's old, full blown version again (it's been simmering away).

I don't disagree mate, believe me, I've had the same conversation with Fellow Rangers fans, but I think you would need to concede there are now two sides to it? The bitterness and hatred I mean. I've never known it to be like this in my time going to games (mid 80's)

Footballs fans are like bairns. Repetitive, tedious, hypocritical and above all will retaliate with little thought or reason so I wouldn't bank on it stopping anytime soon.

Edited by Angus_Young

Its the re-writing of history by a series of ex Rangers players stating that Rangers were "punished" and "demoted" that is really starting to annoy.

The fact that Scottish football bent over backwards to fastrack Green's Rangers into the third Division seems to have been lost.  The arrogance of the likes of Souness and Smith stating that other clubs and supporters now know they were wrong etc just fuels the anger.

Think we will be still arguing the toss over this 20 years from now, reality will be both sides will have their own version of the truth to pass down their line.  Just another weird shitey argument to add to the ####ed up world of Scottish football.  

11 minutes ago, giblet said:

Its the re-writing of history by a series of ex Rangers players stating that Rangers were "punished" and "demoted" that is really starting to annoy.

The fact that Scottish football bent over backwards to fastrack Green's Rangers into the third Division seems to have been lost.  The arrogance of the likes of Souness and Smith stating that other clubs and supporters now know they were wrong etc just fuels the anger.

Think we will be still arguing the toss over this 20 years from now, reality will be both sides will have their own version of the truth to pass down their line.  Just another weird shitey argument to add to the ####ed up world of Scottish football.  

I'm not disagreeing with you but I think the basic issue came about because there were no specific rules to deal with what happened to Rangers. The SFA and SPL just didn't know what to do and if any of the rumours are true they were under external pressure from the TV companies too.

I think any future events like this will be handled better as there are now specific rules in place.

Of course the "special" nature of football fans will twist everything to suit their own agenda.

Just look at ShedTA and his Rangers obsession. Why he cares so much has never been explained. ?

I used to be a Manager in Woolworths ,  they went into Admin and then Liquidation cos they couldnt pay their debts, 

There are still a few shops, around ten ,i think, that continue to trade under the name Woolworths, although the Stockmarket company is called something different.

They sell roughly the same stuff , have basiically the same customers , they are in the same buildings and the staff are similar. 

Are they they still the same Woolworths? 

On 12/04/2016 at 2:51 PM, Parklife said:

I'll reserve judgement but one of the few Rangers games I've watched in the past 15 months was your semi vs Celtic last year. Which was 90 minutes from the vast majority of the 25,000, of the greatest hits of the biggest bigots Rangers have. Maybe it was a one off, maybe it won't return next season. I guess this coming Sunday will be a good barometer. 

And a game against Hibs this season, it was a complete bigot fest. I was at Ibrox when Rangers humped Dundee, and didnt notice any sectarian/bigoted crap, although I had my head in my hands pretty much the whole game.

I hope Rangers can evolve into a decent club, but I have my doubts.

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I'm not disagreeing with you but I think the basic issue came about because there were no specific rules to deal with what happened to Rangers. The SFA and SPL just didn't know what to do and if any of the rumours are true they were under external pressure from the TV companies too.

I think any future events like this will be handled better as there are now specific rules in place.

Of course the "special" nature of football fans will twist everything to suit their own agenda.

Just look at ShedTA and his Rangers obsession. Why he cares so much has never been explained. ?

It's getting tiring RB. If I don't comment you tend to come on and ask where all the "usual doubters" or " haters " are. If I do I'm obsessed. Can't win. 

I'm only obsessed to you because I don't agree with a lot of the pish spouted in the media and repeated by yourself and others. However I  actually quite enjoy the debate until it descends into abuse.

There's also plenty of other posters who have similar views to myself at times but you seem to have a right hard on for me. I'll take it as a compliment.

Back to football then, how do you reckon you'll get on this weekend? You at all confident? 

12 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Sir Walter probably knows more on what really went on with our fellow member clubs at the time of our descent into the lowest league.

Rangers didn't descend they rose.

32 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

It's getting tiring RB. If I don't comment you tend to come on and ask where all the "usual doubters" or " haters " are. If I do I'm obsessed. Can't win. 

I'm only obsessed to you because I don't agree with a lot of the pish spouted in the media and repeated by yourself and others. However I  actually quite enjoy the debate until it descends into abuse.

There's also plenty of other posters who have similar views to myself at times but you seem to have a right hard on for me. I'll take it as a compliment.

Back to football then, how do you reckon you'll get on this weekend? You at all confident? 

Did you not see the winky face? I was deliberately making it obvious I was just yanking your chain. 

I have no expectations for this weekend. If Celtic turn up they'll win as our defence is pish. I don't think we'll get gubbed but unless we play our best I can't see us winning. 

Your lot should beat Hibs though. Especially now Gunning is gone. You might get his place if you give Mixu a phone! ?

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Did you not see the winky face? I was deliberately making it obvious I was just yanking your chain. 

I have no expectations for this weekend. If Celtic turn up they'll win as our defence is pish. I don't think we'll get gubbed but unless we play our best I can't see us winning. 

Your lot should beat Hibs though. Especially now Gunning is gone. You might get his place if you give Mixu a phone! ?

Ha ha good point re gunning. Don't think we will tbh.hibs will have to be extremely bad not to beat us. Enjoy Sunday either way - it's a big occasion for you. Despite what you may think I don't hate your club and I don't hate your supporters when its football related stuff.

There is an awful lot of other stuff associated with it that I don't like - but that's a different matter. 

29 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Ha ha good point re gunning. Don't think we will tbh.hibs will have to be extremely bad not to beat us. Enjoy Sunday either way - it's a big occasion for you. Despite what you may think I don't hate your club and I don't hate your supporters when its football related stuff.

There is an awful lot of other stuff associated with it that I don't like - but that's a different matter. 

To me it is just a football club. The other stuff does my head in.

I don't have the energy or inclination to hate folk I don't know for stupid made up reasons. 

Good luck for Saturday.  Hopefully your lot can round off Stubbs year in the most appropriate way by giving them a 1-0 thrashing. ?

9 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I don't have the energy or inclination to hate folk I don't know for stupid made up reasons. 

Good luck for Saturday.  Hopefully your lot can round off Stubbs year in the most appropriate way by giving them a 1-0 thrashing. ?

Irony overload. :rollsmile:

44 minutes ago, Lamia said:

Irony overload. :rollsmile:

Sense of humour not working today? 

Don't you think after Stubbs talk of a treble it would be funny and ironic if Hibs lost on Saturday? 

If it makes you feel any better I have no preference for either team or manager, I just want a laugh.

4 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Sense of humour not working today? 

Don't you think after Stubbs talk of a treble it would be funny and ironic if Hibs lost on Saturday? 

If it makes you feel any better I have no preference for either team or manager, I just want a laugh.

My comment had nothing to do with Stubbs or Hibs 

19 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

up yours then, mon Ra Sellick, get into this shitey new club! :lol: