Tunnocks - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"We could have said Scottish but you're then promoting Scotland. We're British."

The 82-year-old added: "The vote said we're British. We're Scottish, however we're still in Britain."

Dearie me, politicising the biscuit!

Edited by Toepoke

Boyd told the Sunday Mail: “It was the idea of my son-in-law, Fergus Loudon, who is the sales manager and looks after advertising. You’ve got the Great British Bake Off and things like that these days.

“We could have said Scottish but you’re then promoting Scotland. We’re British.”

The 82-year-old added: “The vote said we’re British. We’re Scottish, however we’re still in Britain.”

British first, Scottish second. Nice.

Fergus Loudon sounds like the name of a prospective UKIP candidate from the North East.

They taste nice. Who cares what's written on the packet?

He is merely exercising his democratic right to design his products labels as he sees fit just as we are too agree or disagree with views.

If you don't want to buy them, don't buy them. If you do want to continue to buy them then continue to buy them. It's a complete non story. The Yes movement is really starting to become a bit cringey

This is the stuff I fecking hate. Who gives a flying feck?

Their biscuits are tasty, they're marketing themselves as British, they haven't murdered anyone.... I'll still be eating their stuff

Precisely. No one gave a feck that their owner was an auld Tory before 2011. Nationalist nonsense!

Precisely. Now we do give a feck, a good thing, yes?

No, you don't care. Despite the picture above saying "Tory biscuits" the outrage has feck all to do with him being a Tory... Christ, the mental McGlashan who posted the picture IS a Tory :lol:

They taste nice. Who cares what's written on the packet?

He is merely exercising his democratic right to design his products labels as he sees fit just as we are too agree or disagree with views.

If you don't want to buy them, don't buy them. If you do want to continue to buy them then continue to buy them. It's a complete non story. The Yes movement is really starting to become a bit cringey

The only piece of cringe is old man tunnock.

I was in the army with some english chaps during the war so im voting no.(boyd tunnock september 2014)

:-)) :-)) Shortbread tin nationalism at its best.

FFS A company re-brands to capture a larger market. Its not like others haven't done it. Well except SSE, BA, BP and BAe off the top of my head.

1606878_1190949007585174_829595113803351

I was prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt as I like a wee teacake. Not any more. Tunnocks on the naughty list.

Ckunntos. What a small minded bitter move by the miserable no voting auld fanny. I had nearly forgotten what a whanker company this was. This whank really does deserve boycotting.

Precisely. Now we do give a feck, a good thing, yes?

Serious question: Is it ok to damage somebody's livelihood because of their political beliefs?

FFS A company re-brands to capture a larger market. Its not like others haven't done it. Well except SSE, BA, BP and BAe off the top of my head.

Serious question: Is it ok to damage somebody's livelihood because of their political beliefs?

Ehh yes. Why should I put money into the pocket of an opponent who seeks to undermine what I hope politically happens? You rangers fans boycott any that moves so why the bewilderment here?

FFS political boycotts have a long history. Pretty much everyone would have forgotten this company until this stupid, pointless but calculated act. him, he really is khunt. And for the record his products are sugar bars laden with horrible shite. Nouveau Cancer sticks.

Yes, from not buying SA oranges to not buying the Sun to not buying oil from ISIS controlled wells and a host of others.

Edited by Eisegerwind