January Transfer News - Page 38 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

January Transfer News

Still nothing to do with payment terms. That's all I was told. Reading between the lines, ICT were p1ssed off that Aberdeen somehow managed to trigger the release clause (by somehow knowing the amount - Shinnie?!) so ICT decided to throw hurdles at every opportunity, while muddying the water and using smoke and mirrors to kill the deal. There's apparently also something to do with Tansey's agent screwing up in a communication with ICT.

Who knows. Tansey isn't playing for the Dons though. I suspect the fella's (a few pages back) claim that it was down to Aberdeen's behaviour is as accurate as his Tony Andreu rumour.

Edited by SMcoolJ

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Appears it was Tansey's agent who told Aberdeen about the clause:

"Greg's agent told us about the clause weeks ago and we met that clause," explained McInnes.

Sneckie seem to have taken the hump that Aberdeen knew the terms of the clause and apparently met them.

What's the point of having a clause like that if it's feckin top secret ? :blink:

Sneckie seem to have taken the hump that Aberdeen knew the terms of the clause and apparently met them.

What's the point of having a clause like that if it's feckin top secret ? :blink:

Was going to ask that myself. If it's in the contract they are obliged to accept if the player wants to go. Maybe they value him higher than that now?

Maybe all this wouldn't have been an issue if we hadn't waited until yesterday to try and ###### sign him...

Been wondering about the timing. Can only assume that Aberdeen didn't want to let the cat out of the bag earlier with respect to the release clause figure to give any other interested parties a chance to act. Maybe Tansey was a plan B. No idea.

Maybe all this wouldn't have been an issue if we hadn't waited until yesterday to try and ###### sign him...

I don't get why all the deals go through on the last day. It should be the first day where all the action takes place.

Clubs have 5 or 6 games in January with around 15 after the transfer deadline.

Stoke got knocked out of two cups in January and then break their transfer record. Would things have been different had they signed him earlier?

I'd be trying to do all my business in the first few days of January.

I don't get why all the deals go through on the last day. It should be the first day where all the action takes place.

Clubs have 5 or 6 games in January with around 15 after the transfer deadline.

Stoke got knocked out of two cups in January and then break their transfer record. Would things have been different had they signed him earlier?

I'd be trying to do all my business in the first few days of January.

That would make sense. I wonder how many clubs have to wait until those with money have concluded all their deals and they know who they don't need. Scottish clubs being way down the food chain and left to fight for the scraps at the end if the window? Obviously there are some big money deal exceptions.

Oumar Diaby might be the most talented striker Accies have ever signed

Confident he will score a barrowload if he puts it all in - which is a worry with all overseas players coming here

Strong and a bit classy

You heard it here first ..

Tansey is ICT's player and they're perfectly entitled not to sell him, if that's what they want. That's fine.

I do take issue with those that know nothing about events...i.e. all of us.....but have suddenly decided that it's Aberdeen's fault.

I'm still waiting for evidence that we insulted ICT and pissed them off during the negotiations to sign Shinnie.

It can't be anyone other than aberdeens fault that they didn't sign the player assuming he was willing to join them. They didn't offer enough money to the selling club. Seems pretty simple.

It can't be anyone other than aberdeens fault that they didn't sign the player assuming he was willing to join them. They didn't offer enough money to the selling club. Seems pretty simple.

I assume you know what a buy out clause is,aye?

If it only takes £200k to activate it,you don't offer £300k,that would be just about be as ridiculous as your post.

Eh ?

If ICT didn't want to sell Tansey to Aberdeen, there's not much we can do about it.

What were meant to do, twist their arm by offering them a £million ??

We're not fücking stupid. We're not Sevco.

Edited by Rossy

I think there's quite a bit more to it Bruce. It's up there with the US/Iran/Russia/Saudi relationship in terms of geopolitics.