January Transfer News - Page 37 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

January Transfer News

There's plenty of mumping and moaning from Dons fans on this thread (including me) pointing that out.

In reality though, which players...within Aberdeen's financial reality...that moved in this window would have improved Aberdeen ?

Cowie ? Maybe, but give me a younger Greg Tansey everyday. Aside from him, I can't think of any player that changed clubs that would have made Aberdeen's title challenge any stronger.

Stokes

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

getting over a million for Sow and still having him available for Sunday will be an excellent bit of business for Hearts and getting Duada in who was our number one target is a bonus too.

King would have been out of the team with Nicholson and Walker returning from injury and Gomis would have been further down the pecking order with Cowie coming in so don't mind seeing them loaned out.

Swanson never really seemed to cut it so not that bothered to see him go and Souttar looks like a good investment and not that disappointed to see McGhee's move to Boro fall through

Very happy to have kept hold of Nicholson, Walker and Paterson though, thought one of them might have been off.

Very good transfer window for Hearts

What happens if he gets injured on Sunday?

He'll get plenty of protection from the referee :)

I don't think he will play maybe on the bench, I do expect to see don cowrie in the team and the new striker who's name escapes me. I hope this is the case on Sunday as well.

I expect the team to be

Alexander

Paterson

Ozturk

Augustyn

McGhee

Buaben

Pallardo

Djoum

Nicholson

And two from Juanma/Reilly/Duada

I'm amazed at how little ambition Aberdeen have shown in this window given how pish Celtic are.

Surely adding one imaginative loan signing and adding a wee bit of depth in areas you're short would have given everyone a lift though.

I don't know, maybe McInnes didn't have any ideas within budget it just seems that the Jambo's have been far more proactive this window.

No argument from me with any of the above.

Guest faircity

I wonder how Tansey will respond to all this though. It all seems to be about whether or not the full amount was due in a single payment, its either written down or it isn't. If not, wouldn't Tansey be within his rights to simply walk away due to a breach in contract?

I wonder how Tansey will respond to all this though. It all seems to be about whether or not the full amount was due in a single payment, its either written down or it isn't. If not, wouldn't Tansey be within his rights to simply walk away due to a breach in contract?

Disgraceful that they are trying to unsettle the boy like that.

Disgraceful that they are trying to unsettle the boy like that.

:lol:

:ok:

I suppose it's all just guesswork, but if the boy wanted to go to Aberdeen, and Aberdeen were willing to pay the correct amount, it seems counter productive for ICT to hold on to a player that wants away and turn down the cash when they aren't going to get a penny more in the summer.

If Aberdeen triggered the clause in his contract it's still up to Aberdeen to pay.. Inverness are within their rights to ask the full amount and not £100 per week. As I assume that there wasn't a clause in the buy out that said you can pay up.

So Tansey is still contracted to ICT as they seem to have done nothing wrong.

(ok £100 per week is a bit mean but you know fit I mean) :D

edit: I know its a bit rich fae a supporter of a team that sold a player to the equivalent of poundland....

Edited by Mark frae Crieff

If Aberdeen triggered the clause in his contract it's still up to Aberdeen to pay.. Inverness are within their rights to ask the full amount and not £100 per week. As I assume that there wasn't a clause in the buy out that said you can pay up.

We have no idea why the deal collapsed. Although most indications suggest that it was hee haw to do with payment terms and everything to do with ambiguity in the wording of the release clause.

edit: I know its a bit rich fae a supporter of a team that sold a player to the equivalent of poundland....

You need to talk to the guy a few pages back who blames Aberdeen for everything with absolutely no proof.

He's making it up as well.

We have no idea why the deal collapsed. Although most indications suggest that it was hee haw to do with payment terms and everything to do with ambiguity in the wording of the release clause.

You need to talk to the guy a few pages back who blames Aberdeen for everything with absolutely no proof.

He's making it up as well.

I don't blame Aberdeen but looking at it should you not think that if the clause has been met the sale would have went through... So without making anything up it seems that the contracted payment and the way its paid was the main stumbling block...

Well that's what I think though I may be right may be wrong but time will tell as the full events will eventually leach out.

From information I've been told I don't think installment payments were an issue as AFC would have paid up the full amount.

Lots of speculation but nobody on here including me knows the full story.

The best guess I've seen is that ICT disputed the wording of the release clause which they claimed allowed them to not sanction the move from their end.

Certainly sounds plausible and only ICT themselves can answer why the transfer didn't go ahead.

Tansey is ICT's player and they're perfectly entitled not to sell him, if that's what they want. That's fine.

I do take issue with those that know nothing about events...i.e. all of us.....but have suddenly decided that it's Aberdeen's fault.

I'm still waiting for evidence that we insulted ICT and pissed them off during the negotiations to sign Shinnie.