New Strip Launch - Page 11 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New Strip Launch

Gala Tartan Army (Borders)

After last years referendum they decided to add a bit if white to represent our newly enforced solidarity with England and to try and attract some of the many anglo-scot no voters to the sipporters club (big market potential there). They wanted to add a little georges cross pattern to the sleeve to compliment the tartan but decided against it at the last minute.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that's a £100 saved cos I won;t be buying either of those.

Did the just-in-the-door-keen-to-make-an-impression junior designer get the brief for this?

IMO we haven't had a decent traditional Scotland shirt since Fila circa 2000.

What part of two tartans don't go together and that pink does nothing for fat blokes' manboobs and bellies do the SFA not understand?

It's a fitba team, not a f ukkin fashion show FFS.

I would love to know the person who has the final say in this???? we have had maybe 3 good tops in the last 10 years.

I think both tops looks rubbish from the pictures may change my mind when I see them..

again it looks like I will be saving my money.

At the rate we are going im glad my boy is English, If he asked me to buy the Scotland top for him I would hate to have to tell him no

( I wont buy him the English 1 for other reasons)

It has been a hard couple of months with the team not making the Euros and now they put the knife in with these tops. total joke

The new away strip is a total disgrace!

Not content with us be the laughing stock of the home nations due to being the only country missing out on the Euros, the powers that be now make a bigger embarrassment of us with this disaster of a pink strip.

The home tartan strip isn't great but it's got nothing on the away strip, we've had a number of terrible strips in the past but this tops the lot, surely never to be beaten in the cringe stakes.

Can anyone advise as to the decision making process for a new Scotland strip?

Surely the away strip will be a commercial disaster.

Heads should roll over this one!

The away top will be a big seller as its different and you know there are some right characters in the scotland support.

It is a bit like a training top to me but i'll wait til ive seen it in the shops to make a final decision

Home top I am happy with (some times they need to stir things up a little bit), but if the white sleeves had been blue I think it would be ace.

Away kits always divide opinion..... looks at the Faddy Paris kit, that was deeply unpopular at first (even after getting the Y turned into a X) yet could not be bought for love nor money the week after Faddy scored his goal, and is now considered one of the best (though I am still not a fan of it).

Folk moan about us unable to come up with an away kit that does not look like something England would wear, and the last one was a smart way around this.

I can't believe how upset some people are getting about a tshirt.

Yes it's different,the commercial department is obviously important,but I assume the away too is to avoid clashes with other kits and a modern take on our original colours.

If you don't like it,don't buy it.

Reading some of the comments,you would think they had committed some atrocious crime.

It's a fitba top ffs,take a look at yourselves.

Yes it's different,the commercial department is obviously important,but I assume the away too is to avoid clashes with other kits and a modern take on our original colours.

Reading some of the comments,you would think they had committed some atrocious crime.

Couldn't have put it better myself, for me think home top is brilliant still not sure about pink away top but like everything else in life I and every one else has a very simple choice ... If you like it buy it if you hate it don't buy it

My issue is more with the elaborate launch for what is essentially a bright pink t-shirt for a team not going to France next year.

The home top is at best alright but the white sleeves are not very Scotland for me.

On a positive note the training stuff in dark blue and red is quality, that will do me for all future trips.

Stop being so sensible... pink raaage