People V Carmichael 9 Nov 2015 - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

People V Carmichael 9 Nov 2015

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything is to do with capitalism.

I've never trolled in my life :)

Having worked within some of capitalism's most prolific realms, I know only to well where its tentacles spread into. But having also worked in behavioural psychology before that, I also know only too well that lying isn't driven by capitalism, nor is it a symptom of it. Lying has been inherent in humans since day one.

According to the discussion about it on Radio Scotland there he was let off with it because he hadn't previously said that he would never leak a memo.

Had to agree a bit with Alex Massie there, saying that whatever side of Scottish politics you're on would influence your opinion on the verdict.

According to the discussion about it on Radio Scotland there he was let off with it because he hadn't previously said that he would never leak a memo.

Had to agree a bit with Alex Massie there, saying that whatever side of Scottish politics you're on would influence your opinion on the verdict.

I don't really think the side of politics really matter for something as clear cut as this does it?

The Libs are now an absolute irrelevance and something like this shouldn't really relate to the Yes/No divide either. Simple facts are that Carmichael was exposed as a lying cvnt.

The verdict however is no surprise.

Time to move along safe in the knowledge that he's lost any small amount of credibility that some thought he once had.

Sad day for democracy in this country.

The slug continues as if nothing has happened. His party should be ashamed of him, although I bet they dont care, at least they were almost wiped out at the last election.

In the upcoming Scottish elections, anyone who votes Lib Dem is a bigger cnt than I previously thought was possible.

I don't really think the side of politics really matter for something as clear cut as this does it?

Yes.

Scottish politics is completely split into pro-independence/Unionist camps....with a few exceptions like Scunnered.

Anything to get one over the hated SNP will unite Labour, Tory and LibDem supporters.

The Libs are now an absolute irrelevance and something like this shouldn't really relate to the Yes/No divide either. Simple facts are that Carmichael was exposed as a lying cvnt.

The verdict however is no surprise.

Time to move along safe in the knowledge that he's lost any small amount of credibility that some thought he once had.

Agreed, it about sums it all up.

Sadly I can't see the fat disgusting slug even bothering to stand at the next UK general election. Instead he'll either get a lifetime gig with the crusties in the HoL or get a couple of directorships in the City like Broon and Darling where, given his propensity to shite all over the truth, he will be in good company.

Pity really as I'd love to see him get trounced in 2020.

Politics has leaks, off the record info and briefing behind backs. Thought this was blown out of proportion especially as it suits SNP to have a Tory government and a weakened Labour Party.

There was the false statement by nationalists of Labour signing up to £30 billion of cuts while their spending was broadly similar via manifestos. That soon was swept under carpet.

We could all list multiple examples of Conservative, Labour, Lib Dem, SNP etc but what zoomer would crowd fund a court action? Austerity! Food banks! Court Action....

Yes.

Scottish politics is completely split into pro-independence/Unionist camps....with a few exceptions like Scunnered.

Anything to get one over the hated SNP will unite Labour, Tory and LibDem supporters.

As you were saying, Rossy:

Politics has leaks, off the record info and briefing behind backs. Thought this was blown out of proportion especially as it suits SNP to have a Tory government and a weakened Labour Party.

There was the false statement by nationalists of Labour signing up to £30 billion of cuts while their spending was broadly similar via manifestos. That soon was swept under carpet.

We could all list multiple examples of Conservative, Labour, Lib Dem, SNP etc but what zoomer would crowd fund a court action? Austerity! Food banks! Court Action....

Sadly I can't see the fat disgusting slug even bothering to stand at the next UK general election. Instead he'll either get a lifetime gig with the crusties in the HoL or get a couple of directorships in the City like Broon and Darling where, given his propensity to shite all over the truth, he will be in good company.

Pity really as I'd love to see him get trounced in 2020.

I wouldn't be so sure on either count. He'd need to be proposed by the Lib Dems to go to the Lords and I've no doubt that they must be absolutely raging with him. I don't think anyone in the Lib Dems would have any issue with him leaking the memo in principle - after all, that's pretty much par for the course. However he committed the cardinal sin of getting caught and lets not forget he also lied to the leadership of the Lib Dems as well.

I've no doubt they thought the case would be thrown out on legal technicalities and that no evidence would be heard. I'm pretty sure that if they had known it would go to court then Carmichael would have been thrown under a bus by the Lib Dems - an awful lot of dirty linen being washed in public.

Alastair Darling has picked up a nice post with Morgan Stanley primarily for his connections and his insight into the Politics of Economics that he gained as Chancellor of the Exchequer which Morgan Stanley can leverage.

Quite what the attraction of any business for a failed incompetent former Lib Dem Secretary of State for Scotland would be, I don't know.

Short of finding a cure for cancer, he's finished politically. He won't stand in 2020, that's for sure, and that will be the last you will hear from him.

you sir are a fukkin nugget , Carmichael is a lying barsteward ,and you Alan back him up ,get real man.