Refugee Crisis - Page 8 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Refugee Crisis

Couple of points.

I'm seeing all over facebook just now videos of "refugees" basically rioting & causing unrest in Greece, is this happening or is it some elaborate Britain First type propaganda attempt?

Also, I saw on Sky News the other day it being pointed out that back in February, ISIS stated that they would infiltrate "The West" and send their "fighters" to Europe in whatever way they can (including as refugees) to exact revenge on "the West". At the time this was basically just laughed off, but now 7 months later we seem to be trying to put in an open doors policy & letting people into western Europe with no checks (or at least that's what some people seem to want)

My personal opinion is that refugees should be welcome & to an extent, economic migrants too. However, this should not be done without proper procedures, and if that means "holding camps" then so be it. I also think that the government need to work hard at integration & make sure we don't end up with "British" areas, Syrian areas etc of our Cities. I know the problems this can cause are prevalent in Oldham/Manchester and to a slightly lesser extent in Glasgow as well.

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of points.

I'm seeing all over facebook just now videos of "refugees" basically rioting & causing unrest in Greece, is this happening or is it some elaborate Britain First type propaganda attempt?

Also, I saw on Sky News the other day it being pointed out that back in February, ISIS stated that they would infiltrate "The West" and send their "fighters" to Europe in whatever way they can (including as refugees) to exact revenge on "the West". At the time this was basically just laughed off, but now 7 months later we seem to be trying to put in an open doors policy & letting people into western Europe with no checks (or at least that's what some people seem to want)

My personal opinion is that refugees should be welcome & to an extent, economic migrants too. However, this should not be done without proper procedures, and if that means "holding camps" then so be it. I also think that the government need to work hard at integration & make sure we don't end up with "British" areas, Syrian areas etc of our Cities. I know the problems this can cause are prevalent in Oldham/Manchester and to a slightly lesser extent in Glasgow as well.

I've seen this suggested as well. My personal thoughts are that it is somewhat sensationalist although I've not seen the coverage of ISIS stating this back in February.

Considering that people are leaving the UK and other places to go and join ISIS and fight in Syria, Iraq, etc. it's pretty fair to say that we're already infiltrated without anyone having to cross any borders. I also think that ISIS seem to have money and resources to get people into Europe on flights or whichever route they require - I doubt they have to blend in with asylum seekers.

It's the job of our security services to prevent any terrorist threats.

Couple of points.

Yeah some lady going on about 500,000 ISIS soldiers, the number is nonsense, the concept isn't.

From my face book page it appears many snp/yes supporters along with the usual unionists are getting pritty annoyed the stance of sturgeon,,,many on here know my stance on mass migration, this is of course is different, if i were in the refugees potion i would look for a safe sanctuary also but it does come across as if she is just trying to say the right thing whitout looking deeper into the subject .It also comes across as if she just goes against anything the tory government say ir do regardless if they are right or wrong... I would like to see how many memberships have been canceled in the past teo weeks.My guess is a lot

Edited by hampden_loon2878

From my face book page it appears many snp/yes supporters along with the usual unionists are getting pritty annoyed the stance of sturgeon,,,many on here know my stance on mass migration, this is of course is different, if i were in the refugees potion i would look for a safe sanctuary also but it does come across as if she is just trying to say the right thing whitout looking deeper into the subject .It also comes across as if she just goes against anything the tory government say ir do regardless if they are right or wrong... I would like to see how many memberships have been canceled in the past teo weeks.My guess is a lot

My guess is not a lot.

Are these chaps right in your opinion then ?

http://www.ukip.org/

What's she said?

BTW I've not canceled my membership.

J

Couple of points.

I saw a video the other day of rioting supposedly from Kos. This would make sense. Kos is a small island whose population has swelled exponentially by the sudden arrival of thousands of tired, hungry people with nowhere to stay and not much money. Violence - and the video I saw was allegedly 'refugee on refugee' violence - is almost inevitable.

Cameron's plan is to take people from the refugee camps in the Lebanon rather than those who have already arrived in Europe. Unless ISIS have 'sleepers' in those camps (are they that sophisticated?) that lessens the chances of the UK unwittingly importing ISIS 'fighters'.

Also, Cameron is only talking about the UK taking in 20k refugees over 5 years. That's penny numbers, when you think about it, so providing people are dispersed to towns and cities evenly once they arrive I can't see Syrian ghettos emerging. What does worry me, though, is that central government has apparently only promised local authority areas taking in refugees funding for for the first year; after that, presumably, councils will be expected to find the money themselves, which means funds being diverted from other areas and/or tax hikes. Given that the refugees are likely to be housed in more socially deprived areas (as opposed to Tory heartland areas in the home counties and English shires) that is a real recipe for tensions unless the funding and the infrastructure is there to support them.

Out of interest, pop star Rita Ora is a kosovan immigrant.

I genuinely never knew that. That's my new thing learned for today. :)

I am not so sure about that. She seemed genuinely passionate and, at times, even emotional when speaking about the subject in parliament last week. If that was put on she should jack in the politics and take up acting.

Idea for TV Show:

Folk making uncaring, anti-refugee comments on the internet are snatched from their beds in the middle of the night and transported to a Syrian town. Given only £50, a compass & a map, they then have to navigate their way back to the UK.

Idea for TV Show:

Folk making uncaring, anti-refugee comments on the internet are snatched from their beds in the middle of the night and transported to a Syrian town. Given only £50, a compass & a map, they then have to navigate their way back to the UK.

Hopefully starting with Katie Hopkins :ok:

Well maybe if you stepped out of the tamb bubble you appear to live in you may have a different take on this. Regardless of what anyone says a large amount of yes voters were driven by the idea of nationalism,,, she may well isolate these voters(many would welcome this) there is not the widespread approval of the refugees as some on here would paint

Smart money is on none.

Well maybe if you stepped out of the tamb bubble you appear to live in you may have a different take on this. Regardless of what anyone says a large amount of yes voters were driven by the idea of nationalism,,, she may well isolate these voters(many would welcome this) there is not the widespread approval of the refugees as some on here would paint

So you are suggesting that large numbers of yes voters were driven by "ethnic" nationalism and this was not only against England but all other "foreign"/ethnic nationals who live here or could live here? If so I believe that it's you that's living in a bubble and not a very pleasant one.

As kind as your offer is, I'll have to turn down going out to find some right wing nationalist nutters.

Had the Yes! movement been driven by nationalism (as you claim), I'd have had nothing to do with it and would have openly voted no.

So you are suggesting that large numbers of yes voters were driven by "ethnic" nationalism and this was not only against England but all other "foreign"/ethnic nationals who live here or could live here? If so I believe that it's you that's living in a bubble and not a very pleasant one.

Yes I'll be starting my new border patrol soon, Scottish soil for Scottish people is what I say.

OK, you've been rumbled. You are either Alex Johnstone, John from Aberdeen or that fat UKIP bampot, which one is it?

And don't give us any of that "I voted SNP and YES" bullshit. We all know you are at it.

OK, you've been rumbled. You are either Alex Johnstone, John from Aberdeen or that fat UKIP bampot, which one is it?

And don't give us any of that "I voted SNP and YES" bullshit. We all know you are at it.

You forgot to add that ultra-conservative lunatic Jackson Carlaw too.

I never claimed it was driven by nationalism only stated a lot of voters would have voted yes who were nationists... I am also trying to point out the voters who were not that politically engaged but votes yes because "am scottish" it will be those types of voters who will be put off of nicola... It wont help the MSM paint a picture of the situation as they are bot that politically educated.

We need a structure in place for the crisis... Thats all i will say on this matter as i will be lynched by the PC MOB

As kind as your offer is, I'll have to turn down going out to find some right wing nationalist nutters.

Had the Yes! movement been driven by nationalism (as you claim), I'd have had nothing to do with it and would have openly voted no.