Refugee Crisis - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Refugee Crisis

Most of it coming from those who say that because people 'demand a better life', western Europe is responsible for giving it to them.

We're morally obliged to offer shelter and a safe place to genuine refugees. We're not morally obliged to 'give' a better life to migrants who fancy Germany more than Greece because it has a more stable economy.

You know why they want to go to Germany and so do I, you're just being deliberately obtuse and it's embarassing.

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst I agree we should take some of these people we cannot simply open our doors to everybody. We have finite resources , we have inadequate housing at it is where are we going to house them ? I already teach some of these refugees / migrants they are already finding difficulty in getting accommodation most live in hostels with junkies and alcoholics. Others live in the crapiest areas of the city.

Several of them have already told me they have no intention of going back to their own countries. (Some have actually been here for 20 years and speak ZERO English and have no real interest in learning it. They only attend classes because DWP will sanction them if they don't. )

We are at risk of creating another underclass of poor to add to the ones we already have. So yes we should take refugees but it must be with the caveat that once the problems have been resolved they will be repatriated. No ifs or buts.

I suggest you check german news programmes of late . Huge demonstrations by East German right wing groups ! A hostel for refugees fire bombed . It will end in tears I'll put money on it.

I suggest you check german news programmes of late . Huge demonstrations by East German right wing groups ! A hostel for refugees fire bombed . It will end in tears I'll put money on it.

Of course it will, as similar groups of nasty people are on the rise all over Europe. I agree with many of your points in your previous post, but we need to do something to assuage the situation we helped create.

Take the women and children. Men of 18 and above we train and equip and send them back to fight IS and take their country back. When they have done that we (ie Europe / US ) can help them rebuild, then their families whom we have looked after can be repatriated too.

Take the women and children. Men of 18 and above we train and equip and send them back to fight IS and take their country back. When they have done that we (ie Europe / US ) can help them rebuild, then their families whom we have looked after can be repatriated too.

So we train a militia? Crazy idea. Apart from the threat to those of us still serving as recruiters and instructors (I'm both) of 'blue on blue' there's no more certain way of making sure the entire region remains a basket case of civil war and genocide for generations to come. We should offer as much humanitarian aid as we can, including making room for those in most dire need, and providing help with new infrastructure and education. Education is absolutely vital. Encourage free thinking and give these people the tools to break their own chains, rather than continue to meddle in a part of the world we've never understood and never will understand.

Edited by redstevie007

What an utterly fantastic idea!! I really wish you were in charge of the situation. It would all come to a very quick peacful conclusion.

Haven't read all this thread. However I'm quite old,I can remember when we invaded Iraq the first time, the second time, the third time!, all the Afghanistan crap, freed Libya, supported the Arab spring(Syria). Absolute nonsense.They were all fairly liberal counties where you could you could get with your life(as a working class person) without fear of getting blown up. Yes,there was suppresion, unfairness, discrimination.What a f'kin mess.

So yes we should take refugees but it must be with the caveat that once the problems have been resolved they will be repatriated. No ifs or buts.

Is that why you are now back in Scotland? Did the Germans eventually get round to telling you it's time you were repatriated?

And now apparently we should be taking military action against both the Assad 'regime' and ISIS. Sorry, could someone explain this for me please?

Feck that, Putin has just confirmed his aid and further support for Assad. He's decided to step in and stabilise the region by force. Assad is hardly perfect however we've seen the other option, and some point pragmatism must win out. However some countries in the region have been offering medical and military support to ISIS.

It's a massive shambles.

From what I can see... and I may be in drink - some fuqqin' chancers dancing their way intae Europe...

Have a 'gang' - 'cos some are - living at the end of your road - and see how you want folk rakin' yer bins.

Love the Germans/helme (u)ts and boxheads... but they owe the world - so let pay their way fter how they fuqqqed Europe from 1933 - s.

Embdy want tae see Angela wi' nae claises on..."

Here we go! NUDITY!!!

https://theslnaturist.wordpress.com/tag/angela-merkel/

The `Tories are goin' radio rental, but... what do we do wiv the brown folk - who can't afford tae pay traffickers?

Middle-class Syrians, fine - they've left the poor people behind and headed West!

Have you seen a skinny, poor, element of people of migrants from North Africa - Fuqqqit - liars!

PhD? - drive a bus - go and defend your own country - but they don't.

I 've spent a shit-load o' time in the sub-continent and, If I'm honest - which, fuqqqit, sorvesvet yersel oot - thre are few fat fucckers.

Why... 'cos their diet is crap - literally... they all shit themselves, regularly [ you heard it hear first).

It's what happens! :blink:

Have you been doing stand up in edinburgh in the last month?