Wimbledon 2015 - Page 9 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wimbledon 2015

Fairbairn

Someone called Dawn Fraser living up to the stereotype that most Aussies are racist

"They should be setting a better example for the younger generation of this country, a great country of ours.

If they dont like it, go back to where their fathers or their parents came from. We dont need them here in this country if they act like that.

About Kyrgios and Tomic

I Googled this woman as I was interested to see where her parents came from and the first line of her Wiki page made me chuckle:

"Dawn Fraser, is an Australian champion swimmer, former politician and true blue white supremacist"

I read a bit further down and thought her page had been doctored more when I read the following but turns out it's true! Seems she's lead a bit of a colourful life (pun intended!)

"She was accused of stealing an Olympic flag from a flagpole outside Emperor Hirohito's palace from the Kōkyo. She was arrested but released without charge. In the end she was given the flag as a souvenir.[4] However, the Australian Swimming Union suspended her for 10 years."

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why I thought Djokovic's draw was tough. He'd be expecting to face Nishikori tomorrow had he not withdrawn, followed by Wawrinka on Friday. Anderson was always going to be a tough opponent for anyone - there will be a lot of guys happy he was playing Novak! AS it is, Nishikori withdrawing has made it a lot easier, although Cilic is in good form and has beaten Berdych and Federer at major tournaments in the last year.

Guest allyc

No but most folk watch football all year.not just once like tennis.some have a genuine interest while most just talk shyte..

No but most folk watch football all year.not just once like tennis.some have a genuine interest while most just talk shyte..

Possibly true pre-Murray but most in this forum will watch all grand slams plus other ATP events these days...

Djokovic's struggle against Anderson could work either way for him. It is good to have a really competitive match and shows your game can stand up to pressure in the here and now. On the other side of the coin it adds for miles in the legs and means he will have a day's less rest and shows his game is not on a totally different level to everybody else. Remember that Murray played Anderson last year at Wimbledon and won in straight sets as he did at Queen's Club a couple of weeks ago in the final.

Djokovic's struggle against Anderson could work either way for him. It is good to have a really competitive match and shows your game can stand up to pressure in the here and now. On the other side of the coin it adds for miles in the legs and means he will have a day's less rest and shows his game is not on a totally different level to everybody else. Remember that Murray played Anderson last year at Wimbledon and won in straight sets as he did at Queen's Club a couple of weeks ago in the final.

I was thinkng he'd have three games in a row like that before the final. Might still.

Federer has looked good but he's not been tested. Although I obviously wouldn't be surprised if he went on to win it, I still think he will struggle with Murray, Djokovic or wawrinka. There's been loads of times where top players including Federer have sailed through the early rounds of a grandslam hardly breaking a sweat and then been dumped in a later round when the quality of the opposition has improved.

I'll say it again, for me Murray is the best grass court player just now and I'm confident he will do it.....although I'm actually more concerned about wawrinka who looks very good.

Ps.....am I the only one who wanted Djokovic to win? I want Murray to play him in the final and beat him.

Cash out can be a bugger either way.

Had Djoko to win 3-2 at 10-1 pre-match. Cashed out for a small gain when Kevin went 2-0 up.

Also had a few quid on Anderson at 14-1 -didn't cash out!

Och well.

Think Andy should get through ok tomorrow. Popisil is a busy lad with 5 sets in his singles and doing well in the Doubles tournaments. A lot of folk (not on here) in person writing off Murray because he's lost a set? Each game at a time. I'm not a tennis fanatic, but try to follow the majors and the odd event - this is one of the best I've seen Murray play. Only gripe is he still seems prone to the odd huff or let's things get to him e.g Seppi's time out and the big Polish lad a few years ago moaning about the roof.

Selfish gambling point of view - got £10 on Federer/Serena double.

Federer has looked good but he's not been tested. Although I obviously wouldn't be surprised if he went on to win it, I still think he will struggle with Murray, Djokovic or wawrinka. There's been loads of times where top players including Federer have sailed through the early rounds of a grandslam hardly breaking a sweat and then been dumped in a later round when the quality of the opposition has improved.

I'll say it again, for me Murray is the best grass court player just now and I'm confident he will do it.....although I'm actually more concerned about wawrinka who looks very good.

Ps.....am I the only one who wanted Djokovic to win? I want Murray to play him in the final and beat him.

I'm with you on that.