Wimbledon 2015 - Page 13 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wimbledon 2015

Fairbairn

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Murray not at the races at all. I predicted 3-1 Federer but looking more like 3-0 now.

Can't agree with that. He has of course played better but is up against the best player of all time playing one of his best matches.

You sometimes just need to say 'fair play' to the other boy.

Federer's playing as well as I've ever seen him. Andy just can't live with him.

These 'RF' hats are still the wankiest thing in sport though, and dinnae get me started on these fat, middle aged groupie burds that think he's God.

Can't agree with that. He has of course played better but is up against the best player of all time playing one of his best matches.

You sometimes just need to say 'fair play' to the other boy.

I'd sort of agree but where was the aggression from Andy? It was lacking really for me. Federer served better and returned better and deserved the win.

Some performance from Federer. Murray just couldn't get near him today. Fair play to Andy, kept going but at crucial times Federer was simply too good. Probably what separates a fantastic player from one of the greats of the game.

Said before the game i thought Fed would win with Djokovic winning the tournament. Still fancy that as the outcome.

Andy is having a great season and probably playing at his highest ever standard. He played to his seeding at Wimbledon and did very little, if anything, wrong today. Federer was simply better and no one, past or present, could live with him on that performance - hope he wins major nr 18.

I'd sort of agree but where was the aggression from Andy? It was lacking really for me. Federer served better and returned better and deserved the win.

Aye also a fair point m8. He didn't play at his best no question but still at a very good level. Federers serve will get the attention but his returning is what won it for me. seemed to be hitting the baseline time after time from a Murray serve. Murray had to battle to win a good few games on his serve I thought.

Edited by Angus_Young

Federer playing as well as ever. Will be interesting to see if he keeps up that level or Djokovic lets him play at that level. In lots of tournaments Federer has looked great until he`s played Djokovic and especialy Nadal. If Murray had managed a set (missed his chance in first game of match) maybe Federer wouldn`t have kept to same level in 4th or 5th sets.

Federer has had an easy route to the semi's

Logic would state at his age that he has used everything up for that game to pump Murray and wont be that good again against Djokovic

Aye also a fair point m8. He didn't play at his best no question but still at a very good level. Federers serve will get the attention but his returning is what won it for me. seemed to be hitting the baseline time after time from a Murray serve. Murray had to battle to win a good few games on his serve I thought.

Oh definitely this was about serve first and foremost. Roger served better than Andy and returned Andy's serve better than Andy could return his serve. Also though Roger 9as I feared) was getting his big shots off first constantly putting Murray on the back foot. He battled hard did Andy but he gave up the middle ground so to speak by handing the initiative to Rofer. Fatal.

Andy played really well, yes his second serve isn't the greatest but he makes up for it in other aspects of his game. 3 ex professionals today said today that Federer played his best match ever.....the best player ever played his best match ever!! Federer has peaked this week but come the US open Andy could peak and beat him on another day.