Wimbledon 2015 - Page 5 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wimbledon 2015

Fairbairn

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As good as Djokovic and Murray are, its still fantastic watching Federer play some sublime tennis. Big Rog best player ever in my book.

Best ever....definitely but always comes across as arrogance personified. For that reason I enjoy seeing him getting beaten. Sorry but that's how I see it.

Dunno ..he seems to be quite dignified and gracious in defeat whenever Ive heard him. Yes he did the embroidery bit on the tracksuit but I don't hear any other players say a bad word about him.

In fact all of the top drawer tennis players seem to be all round decent blokes. Djokovic bobbed in to BBC today and did a fantastic interview with Sue Barker. Mind you I wouldn't mind interacting with Sue either.

Yeah, I find most tennis players particularly the ones at the top very humble and honest. Unlike footballers they are pretty honest after a match and tell it how it is. If they've played well then they'll say it.......hence why Federer maybe comes acrossa arrogant as for 10 years he's consistently played well.

Dunno ..he seems to be quite dignified and gracious in defeat whenever Ive heard him. Yes he did the embroidery bit on the tracksuit but I don't hear any other players say a bad word about him.

In fact all of the top drawer tennis players seem to be all round decent blokes. Djokovic bobbed in to BBC today and did a fantastic interview with Sue Barker. Mind you I wouldn't mind interacting with Sue either.

I could earmark parts like when Djokovic hit a return winner when match point down against him in the US Open and he recovered to win the match. Federer called it 'a lucky shot'. There were the Wimbledon tears (okay Andy cried as well when losing) but Federer already had around five of those titles in the bag. There was his fall-out with Wawrinka and the embroidered kit. Plenty of other incidents. He is fine when he has won but when losing watch for the quivering petted lip and digs at the victor or such-like.

Everyone now thinks they can unsettle Murray with a bit of gamesmanship (from memory Djokovic has done it twice I think) and Seppi's done the same. Hope Murray humiliates the cheating dick in the fourth set.

Just needs to refocus and he'll be fine. Seppi is no mug. He beat Federer at the Australian Open at the start of this year.

I'm fed seeing these dings in the pink with headbands and the Butcher's Aprons. Is there nobody else in the crowd apart from these yahoos?

It's the equivalent of the Green Brigade for Wimbledon.

Everyone now thinks they can unsettle Murray with a bit of gamesmanship (from memory Djokovic has done it twice I think) and Seppi's done the same. Hope Murray humiliates the cheating dick in the fourth set.

Agreed that's Djokovics reason detra but let's hope that murray does not fall for his skull duggery providing our man murray gets to the final and vice or versa

Murray won in four but that match shows why Andy has only won two slams in his career. He can have these dips/lapses in concentration. Against the likes of Seppi you can get away with it but against the very best players they won't let you back into the match. Still if he can avoid similar dips in those bigger matches he still has a great chance.

Its the Italian way when it comes to sport, they use every trick in the book to bend the rules, there football team is a prime example of this.

Anyway Murray stepped up a gear in the fourth and thats job done.

Murray won in four but that match shows why Andy has only won two slams in his career. He can have these dips/lapses in concentration. Against the likes of Seppi you can get away with it but against the very best players they won't let you back into the match. Still if he can avoid similar dips in those bigger matches he still has a great chance.

novak djokivic is the main reason murray hasnt won more grand slams

novak djokivic is the main reason murray hasnt won more grand slams

Yes that plays a part but mental lapses don't help either. He has had them lots of times in key matches that have cost him wins. Australian Open Final this year springs to mind for a start, brain freeze in 2012 final when he led Roger in the final then the roof closed and he fell apart and then we had a semi at Wimbledon a few years back when he was leading Nadal and missed a sitter and he capitulated. Probably lots more as well. Talent-wise he is right up there but mentally he isn't in the same league as Federer, Nadal and Djokovic.

Edited by Caledonian Craig