Roi Scotland Match Thread - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Roi Scotland Match Thread

Slide tackle

Wouldn't have taken a draw before the game, but I will after that performance.

We got out of jail to be fair, and could barely hold on to possession.

Forsyth, Hutton, Naismith and Brown were particularly poor I thought.

Morrison was probably our best player, Mulgrew also did quite well.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Beat Poland and Georgia and we are there...

This plus losing to Germany and beating Gib would give us 20 points which could still see us 3rd. We`d probably be equal with Poland on 20 points thought goal difference (which would favour Poland) or head to head (which would favour us) would decide 2nd.

This plus losing to Germany and beating Gib would give us 20 points which could still see us 3rd. We`d probably be equal with Poland on 20 points thought goal difference (which would favour Poland) or head to head (which would favour us) would decide 2nd.

Head to head is the decider in this competition I think.

Okay we were poor in the first half and improved in the second half but Niall Quinn was spot on in saying we deserved the draw. Our passing was off today largely but we were the side playing on the deck whereas Ireland - the only way I saw them scoring was set-pieces. After scoring we took control for a while and I would have been gutted losing that match.

Wouldn't have taken a draw before the game, but I will after that performance.

We got out of jail to be fair, and could barely hold on to possession.

Forsyth, Hutton, Naismith and Brown were particularly poor I thought.

Morrison was probably our best player, Mulgrew also did quite well.

Aye, Hutton was poor. Maybe Whittaker would have been a better bet at right-back.

Agree with you on Morrison too.

Beat Poland and Georgia and we are there...

Georgia will be a tough, tough game. I don't think they are as bad as their position in the table suggests and they are due to get a result against someone other than Gibraltar eventually.

Georgia will be a tough, tough game. I don't think they are as bad as their position in the table suggests and they are due to get a result against someone other than Gibraltar eventually.

Judging by their performance (not scoreline of course) against us today, you will need a very good performance to get 3 points on their turf. They played some scary s**t today ;)

Georgia leaked 3 goals in the last 4 minutes.

As for us, I'm happy with the point. It was a difficult match and we struggled with Ireland's physical team. It looked wee boys v men at times - Fletcher, Naismith rolling over next to every time too.

Naismith, Hutton and Broon were pretty poor today. We never really got going at all apart from maybe 10 minutes in the second half after the goal. If we were better, more cavillier we would have won that game I felt.

Forsyth got better in the second half, but still too many misplaced passes. Not just him, the team in general.

A difficult game, but 4pts out of 6 is a good return. We're still in with a chance.

Now don't go and this up in Georgia, Scotland.

First time I've questioned Hutton as our right back, he was poor. That's 2 competitive games in a row Ritchie has come off at half time after offering nothing. He's getting far more chances than most and has done nothing in five games now. Forsyth rubbish furst half but improved, but hopefully AR will prove to be our left back for future. Only Marshall. Martin and I reckon our best player mulgrew get pass marks.

Not a good performance, but a good result. Dublin is a hard place to go and get anything. Strachan got lucky, which is a positive - Napoleon and lucky generals and all that. The selection of Forsyth and Ritchie was odd after last Friday, but to be fair he has got more right than wrong in his time in charge. Ireland are an ugly team in the way they play, but a difficult side to deal with, and a draw over there will do.

One of the things that was very noticable when WGS took over was the better quality of passing and movement of players compared to under Levein. Last few games however it seems to have got very ragged. However we're chalking up the points and I would settle for that.

Hopefully by the autumn Snodgrass might be back, I'd also like to see Bardsley and Mackay-Steven in the picture as well.

To a certain degree Scotland played better football than Ireland overall and had much more dangerous passing movement.

Wasn't a great game overall to watch but id say if we're push and getting results what does that tell you compared to levein?

Reading the Irish forums makes me realise how far we've come. The comments on there are identical to ours at the start of the last campaign. Strachan tried something different in the first half today and it just didn't work, we need to stick to our style (how we played in the second half) and we've got a good chance here. would rather have Robertson playing in the remaining games, yes he has been fragile defensively a few times but he's top class going forward. I'm glad leaving Anya out didn't cost us the game, hopefully WGS has learned not to tinker with the team too much after today.

I have a bad feeling we will be relying on Ireland to take a draw in Poland in the last game.....

We still owe you one for Gary Mackay in 1987

Well done on the point lads

Having seen your other away matches, you got the point without playing well. That can only be a good sign.