Bbc Debate - Page 7 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The military reference was quite deliberate, and devious. What a shock?

What do you think he actually meant?

It was accompanied by the shot of a war memorial (statue of soldier with gun)

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The empire couldn't bring itself to completely let go, even after they had a fecking war to get out, and became a republic!

UK citizens aren't considered foreigners in Ireland, either. We can stand and vote in Dail elections but not presidential elections. UK citizens would not have been accorded the same rights in iScotland, though iScots would have in the rUK (like all commonwealth citizens).

She was the only one I noticed\heard backing nic did any of the rest acknowlege nic

To be fair Murphy started it off then Nicola continued the slapping and she was backed up by Ruthie. I wouldn't be surprised if it was preplanned.

UK citizens aren't considered foreigners in Ireland, either. We can stand and vote in Dail elections but not presidential elections. UK citizens would not have been accorded the same rights in iScotland, though iScots would have in the rUK (like all commonwealth citizens).

All UK citizens resident in iScotland would be eligible for Scottish citizenship though. Scots would have the right to continue their UK citizenship if they wanted to.

Edited by adamntg

Aberdeen is one of the most cosmopolitan and multicultural cities in Scotland given the impact of its universities and the oil industry on its demographic. We've not been colonised and it's something to celebrate, but If that means that the support for independence is less than across Scotland as a whole then so be it - the caricature of the place being put forward tonight by some posters on this thread is a distortion.

Possibly ,as i said the audience was a BBC one but for so muticultural a city as you say, some in the city appear to have a very distorted view of their own primary culture as an equal to others.

Glasgow has endured a lot of criticism in the past .Perhaps it's time for other cities including Edinburgh to see if they can take a wee bit of criticism themselves.

Possibly ,as i said the audience was a BBC one but for so muticultural a city as you say, some in the city appear to have a very distorted view of their own primary culture as an equal to others.

Glasgow has endured a lot of criticism in the past .Perhaps it's time for other cities including Edinburgh to see if they can take a wee bit of criticism themselves.

Spot on.

Let's criticise all of our cities.

And towns.

Oh, and villages. Villages can be bastards!

Don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but it is as we all suspected after the STV debate.

A red tory plant.

https://mobile.twitter.com/YesAlliance59/status/585930896294944769/photo/1

You'd have thought they would have employed a half-decent thespian. She was so utterly pathetic, it was embarrassing.

Labour really are the most hopeless organisation known to man.

So you agree with her do you....Racist twat

I agreed with her comments regarding David Coburn, homophobic and sexist abuse and the Saudi regime but very little else.

I'm not the one whose posts drip with xenophobic bile; real Aberdonians, not many North East accents, colonial problems. It's pretty clear what that's code for.

I remember an earlier debate poll regards murphy , women hated him for being too shouty and talking over others,heres hoping

lots of them watched it . Oh and whits with the soft , sickening, pleading voice? So fukkin false . Niki set up last night by bbc imo !

I agreed with her comments regarding David Coburn, homophobic and sexist abuse and the Saudi regime but very little else.

I'm not the one whose posts drip with xenophobic bile; real Aberdonians, not many North East accents, colonial problems. It's pretty clear what that's code for.

It's code for the fact one would expect a decent percentage of the audience to actually be brought up in the area.

We have debates in 2 'no' cities. We have a uni lecturer asking questions, who spent his time running round Aberdeen Uni telling folk to vote no. We have a Labour daft wee lassie as a plant. Need we go on........?

On one hand we've got you alluding to casual racism because someone pointed out that there weren't a lot of 'local' accents in the audience last night, and on the other hand we've got one semi-autistic lunatic from Kilmarnock spouting shite at (mainly yes supporting) Aberdeen fans on here because..firstly...he has a real complex about the city and club, and...secondly.. it seems to somehow be the fault of the Aberdeen fans on here that we have a large number of no voting, middle class, I'm all right Jack, utter c0cks living in the city and around.

Fuxsake. Let's get this election over and done with. :blink: :blink:

On one hand we've got you alluding to casual racism because someone pointed out that there weren't a lot of 'local' accents in the audience last night, and on the other hand we've got one semi-autistic lunatic from Kilmarnock spouting shite at (mainly yes supporting) Aberdeen fans on here because..firstly...he has a real complex about the city and club, and...secondly.. it seems to somehow be the fault of the Aberdeen fans on here that we have a large number of no voting, middle class, I'm all right Jack, utter c0cks living in the city and around.

Haha.

I have no complex about the city or the club. I'll be drinking with Aberdeen supporting mates on Sunday.

Semi autistic? Lay off the funny fags.

Ps I've never stayed in killie in my life.

See, if Aberdeen had stayed out of the oil business like what Dundee did then your city might be getting as much respect as Dundee is now. :lol:

Well firstly Coburn has stated he is a homosexual,so even he might find it hard to regard himself as what you term homophobic .But then this the man who is standing on a platform of giving the Scots 50 % of what we already produce .So he clearly is off his head. Davidson is a member of a political party whose official governments policy is to fawn over Saudi Arabia and support their despotic regime on every political sphere.This is a regime who mutilates and kills people like her for fun on a regular basis because an invisible friend told them to do it.Of course like any good Tory she will overlook these minor human rights issues in the pursuit of profit.And like a professional fraud she says one thing and practices another.

As from xenophobia ,there is nothing more xenophobic than the refusal to acknowledge the inhabitants of a country's right to govern themselves.Nothing.It starts with the refusal to accept the status of an existing country and designates them to the status of a colonial region ,while supporting a state which is simply a state of mind .Davidson knows exactly what she is doing .Her bigotry drives her belief that unlike every other country in the world the inhabitants of Scotland are incapable of running their own affairs unless they are managed by their genetic superiors. Davidson is not a proposition for Einstein or a complex mathematical equation.You really have no excuse if you cant see it Aaid None at all.

You would expect would you not that a debate from Aberdeen would have an audience populated by local Aberdonians. I.I did not see much evidence of local accents and from what other switched on posters have outlined here their seems to be other evidence to support a more biased audience.Of course by its very nature the BBC cannot be democratically impartial to a Scottish .government who wants to break its state monopoly on political genre.

Edited by Wine bibber

Haha.

I have no complex about the city or the club. I'll be drinking with Aberdeen supporting mates on Sunday.

Semi autistic? Lay off the funny fags.

Ps I've never stayed in killie in my life.

We were a complete d1ck with your comments about Aberdeen fans on this thread.

Don't forget that the vast majority are Yes supporters. There's not much that they can do about the No voting f*ckwits in the city or the shire, certainly no more than Yes supporting Killie fans can do anything about the knuckle-dragging loyalist problem you have in Ayrshire.

Remember, when it comes to politics on here, most regular posters are on the same side.