Bbc Debate - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Nicola needs to accept that she lost the referendum last year, well said Willie Rennie you snivelling little whore.

Much guffawing and cheering from dire audience.

It's his rentaline. Like Murphy's stock phrases. It may have had a little impact the first time but on its umpteenth outing it is embarrassing and is not getting any message across.

Like George Costanza in Seinfeld constantly paying to get into a movie in order to say "that's gotta hurt" with diminishing returns.......

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As so the BBC news show only clips where SNP's economic policy is getting attacked then the reporter has the cheek to talk about the "air war" and the "ground war" talking about what you see/hear in the media (air war) and supporters on the ground chapping doors (ground war)

Nearly dropped when Ruth backed wee NICs dig at coburn at the end over his comments about humza yousaf. Fair ply to her for that

She's pretty consistent in standing up and calling out any form of bigoted abuse.

As so the BBC news show only clips where SNP's economic policy is getting attacked then the reporter has the cheek to talk about the "air war" and the "ground war" talking about what you see/hear in the media (air war) and supporters on the ground chapping doors (ground war)

But he said the SNP had more members than there were people in the army. An odd thing to say?

I really cant stand Rennie, who the hell does he think he is.

15 thousand Fifers voted for him, thats it, he couldnt even win a seat, had to go for the safety of a list seat, what a useless waste of space.

She was the only one I noticed\heard backing nic did any of the rest acknowlege nic

To be honest I didnt notice as I was just watching as it happened and noted Ruth's response. I might watch it back to check out If others looked likely to jump in.

I agree with a previous poster - dispense with the audience.

However I'd go further - have each candidate in a soundproofed booth and whilst they are delivering an answer the other microphones are switched off - there's nothing more annoying than a slanty-eyed slimy loud-mouthed creep getting away with countless interruptions.

British Broadcasting Company .

Enough said.I don't think many of the" invited" audience were from Aberdeen.Very few youngsters around too.Did not hear many North East accents at all to be honest..But if it was a representation of who actually inhabits that city these days we have a big colonial problem.Never heard such cheering for the one" country" that is the union.I would be embarrassed to be a real Aberdonian tonight.What has happened to the spirit of the people who without military support rose up and threw out the hated invader in 1308.Lets hope Gordon is different but Alex has a real fight on his hands .i think it will be a lot closer than people think

Missed opportunity here again.Every time Davidson is tackled on her "facts" she crumbles.Biggest issue again is Murphy railroading over SNP policy. Abolition of Zero hours contracts has been SNP policy for several years but Murphy banged on about it 20 odd times in the two debates.Real danger the voting public don't realise that it is SNP policy too.Removal of the need for foodbanks was SNP flagship policy ,but Murphy who actually voted for the austerity and policy that increases the need for foodbanks lies again and again about wanting their abolition.Where were you Nicola ...a few well aimed truths could have taken him to the cleaners here.

We saw the effect last night on the accusation that Murphy is in league with his Tory pals.The truth hurts for him and his Red Tory party .Nicola should have gone straight for the jugular here and put all the evidence in front of him.The audience would have seen a very different man.

I don't think the last 2 nights will have won any new voters for the SNP,but i don't think it will have lost them any.I do think however that a few percent more who would have come across in the next few weeks will now stick with Labour. We've given them a lifeline when when they were swimming so vainly against the tide.

I'm going to guess, and mind, it only is a guess - that they're aw deid.

What has happened to the spirit of the people who without military support rose up and threw out the hated invader in 1308.

She's pretty consistent in standing up and calling out any form of bigoted abuse.

Really...She deliberately abolished and eliminated Scotland's status as a country tonight .What could be more bigoted and racist than that.

Edited by Wine bibber

Really...She deliberately abolished and eliminated Scotland's status as a country tonight .What could be more bigoted and racist than that.

Some of the crap that you come out with from time to time for a start.

I'm going to guess, and mind, it only is a guess - that they're aw deid.

What has happened to the spirit of the people who without military support rose up and threw out the hated invader in 1308.

The spirit seems to have died that's the point Flure .Its the spirit and belief in having our own country back that has kept us going through the generations when mortals have come and gone.

Aberdeen is one of the most cosmopolitan and multicultural cities in Scotland given the impact of its universities and the oil industry on its demographic. We've not been colonised and it's something to celebrate, but If that means that the support for independence is less than across Scotland as a whole then so be it - the caricature of the place being put forward tonight by some posters on this thread is a distortion.

One of the Scottish news reports the other night was interviewing various punters.

Some Scottish woman said she didn't trust Milliband but thought she could trust Murphy who seemed honest, sincere etc ?!

Scary !

That was his mum though.