Will Anyone Other Then Celtic Ever Win The League? - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Will Anyone Other Then Celtic Ever Win The League?

Not sure but as per my above posts I was more interested in the level of interest from most fans not sponsors.

Fair enough. Do attendance figures back that up this season?

I haven't got a clue how the SPFL clubs are doing attendance wise but would be interested to know, if anyone has the figures.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't got a clue how the SPFL clubs are doing attendance wise but would be interested to know, if anyone has the figures.

Think most up.

Killie /Motherwell down.

Killie have had mitigating factors for low crowds though. Namely Michael Johnston.

I'm not sure either but I think there's been a few posts on here over the last 2-3 years suggesting little or no difference - maybe some increases.

For example, the Dundee Derbies sell out pretty quickly but I don't think any game v Celtic (and Rangers in last few years in SPL) had the same impact.

Also the Aberdeen games in Dundee are the next biggest in terms of interest, chat and crowds.

This was happening before RFC dropped to bottom tier.

I don't know exact figures or facts, nor can I back it up, but that's my general impression from various sources.

Think most up.

Killie /Motherwell down.

Killie have had mitigating factors for low crowds though. Namely Michael Johnston.

Understand the Killie crowds. You may have noticed a similar affect at Ibrox?

Motherwell as well, as they are pretty poor this season by all accounts.

I think I've read Celtic are way down. Aberdeen are up but if anyone knows where wed get figures feel free to post them up to prove or disprove the guesses.

I'm not sure either but I think there's been a few posts on here over the last 2-3 years suggesting little or no difference - maybe some increases.

For example, the Dundee Derbies sell out pretty quickly but I don't think any game v Celtic (and Rangers in last few years in SPL) had the same impact.

Also the Aberdeen games in Dundee are the next biggest in terms of interest, chat and crowds.

This was happening before RFC dropped to bottom tier.

I don't know exact figures or facts, nor can I back it up, but that's my general impression from various sources.

A couple of crowd observations from this season -

Dundee Utd sold out their allocation for Pittodrie for the first time since the day Aberdeen all but relegated them in 1995.

Aberdeen's away crowds are well up on last season. Celtic refused them an extra 1200 for last Sunday for a total of 3000. A long time since Aberdeen had that sort of following at Parkhead for a league game.

Didn't see that one coming.

Surprised at how poor a season it's been for Saints but they are a much better team now McLean is back to full strength...

guid to see someone from the McLean clan being guid at fitba.... :ok:

Didn't see that one coming.

Surprised at how poor a season it's been for Saints but they are a much better team now McLean is back to full strength...

Really? Saints have had their best ever run of success over the last few years, and lost a 25 goal a season striker at the start of this season. They've been flying well above their normal position for three or four years in a row and I think all Saints fans know we'll fall back at some point. Long may it continue though.

So if those useless sheephumpers had won even one of their games against Celtic this season the league would be all to play for?

That must really feckin sting, huh?

Aye.

Or drawn a couple

So if those useless sheephumpers had won even one of their games against Celtic this season the league would be all to play for?

There is still 33 points to play for.

Only if we lose because we didn't draw or win at home v the 10 men.

I think the annoying part of it is:

Game 1: Better team for around 30 minutes (lost)

Game 2: Better team for around 60 mins (lost)

Game 3: Better team for around 45 mins (lost).

We've matched celtic over the 3 games, except when it's come to taking our chances. Frustrating for Aberdeen fans but you've got to give credit to Celtic for how clinical they've been.

One draw would put have put them three points behind with Celtic still to go up to the frozen north.

Aye, or 2 draws would have us even, with a game still to play