Will Anyone Other Then Celtic Ever Win The League? - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Will Anyone Other Then Celtic Ever Win The League?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Losing a couple of games means a teams bottled it? :blink:

Winning a cup final on penalties (the most high pressure part of any knock-out tie) = bottling it, apparently.

Winning a cup final on penalties (the most high pressure part of any knock-out tie) = bottling it, apparently.

Don't know what the hell you're reading. You won the League Cup final - I'm just pointing out you very nearly didn't. You guys looked as nervous as hell throughout (to be fair, the penalties were good).

Would you rather not discuss the other examples where you did bottle it? Do I need to give you some more?

Don't know what the hell you're reading. You won the League Cup final - I'm just pointing out you very nearly didn't. You guys looked as nervous as hell throughout (to be fair, the penalties were good).

Would you rather not discuss the other examples where you did bottle it? Do I need to give you some more?

So we agree that in no way did Aberdeen "bottle it" in the league cup final? Glad we cleared that up.

We lost to St Johnstone. We missed our chances and were made to pay. I wouldn't say we "bottled it" despite it being a massively disappointing result. Sometimes teams lose games.

The Motherwell game is also a ridiculous shout. They sat in all game and made it difficult for us to create chances. The one clear chance we made, Pawlett was incorrectly flagged for offside (he was at least 2 yards on - no exaggeration). In the last minute they assaulted our 'keeper and the worst decision i've ever seen at a game was made by a ref to allow that goal.

You seem to want to say any game we lost we've "bottled it". That's utter manure. Did Celtic bottle it in the Scottish cup vs us last year? No. They just lost a game. Wise up.

So we agree that in no way did Aberdeen "bottle it" in the league cup final? Glad we cleared that up.

We lost to St Johnstone. We missed our chances and were made to pay. I wouldn't say we "bottled it" despite it being a massively disappointing result. Sometimes teams lose games.

The Motherwell game is also a ridiculous shout. They sat in all game and made it difficult for us to create chances. The one clear chance we made, Pawlett was incorrectly flagged for offside (he was at least 2 yards on - no exaggeration). In the last minute they assaulted our 'keeper and the worst decision i've ever seen at a game was made by a ref to allow that goal.

You seem to want to say any game we lost we've "bottled it". That's utter manure. Did Celtic bottle it in the Scottish cup vs us last year? No. They just lost a game. Wise up.

2 games you should have won without a doubt.

Let's look at this season - last minute winner from Dundee to put you out the Scottish Cup. 1-0 up against Utd in the League Cup semi, again a late goal & you're out. Another 2 games you should have been winning.

I'm sure you can see the pattern.

anyone know the origin of the term "bottled it". is it originally rhyming slang? I normally think "####wit" whenever someone uses it to to describe a team, a player or a sportsperson.........

I could be wrong but I think it's a vague rhyming slang thing. Bottle and glass = ass/arse. So if you lose your bottle you shit yourself effectively.

If Aberdeen win their next 11 games, or whatever it is, we'll win the league I'm sure.

But we won't.

We'll do well to finish less than 10pts behind Celtic, which will still be huge progress.

I remember last time folk said we bottled it, was against the team we're playing this weekend.

We were losing with a minute to go or so, and got a draw against Dundee.

Does KF just think 'bottling it' means losing games?

We've had a fantastic run, and I hope we can keep it going, but just can't see us winning the league unfortunately.

Will we interesting if we got a win and Utd managed to take something at Parkhead, at least for a while!

I'd love to go back above celtic at least once before the season ends, just to see Ronny seethe.

Last day of the season would be great :lol:

Number of years ago, the team I played for played Peterhead in a pre-season friendly. We drew. Shortly after, Peterhead played and beat Dunfermline. Dunfermline played and beat West Ham. West Ham played and beat Man Utd. Man Utd played and beat Bayern Munich. In doing so, Man Utd won the Champs League, the League and the FA Cup.

We bottled it against Peterhead, otherwise we would have won the treble......

I think for a team to have 'bottled it' or 'shat it' they would need to lose or draw more than one game they were expected to win.

Like team x being 8 points clear with 3 games left and then losing them all to lost the league.

If Aberdeen were top by a point going into the final league game but lost I don't think bottling it would be accurate, unless they had a healthy lead and then collapsed through pressure.

I think for a team to have 'bottled it' or 'shat it' they would need to lose or draw more than one game they were expected to win.

Like team x being 8 points clear with 3 games left and then losing them all to lost the league.

If Aberdeen were top by a point going into the final league game but lost I don't think bottling it would be accurate, unless they had a healthy lead and then collapsed through pressure.

Agreed. That's what I was getting at with the St Johnstone, Motherwell, Dundee & Dundee Utd games.

Aberdeen have done a great job in taking points off the other sides & all credit to them. We've got a very easy run of games until the split (ICT away aside) - it's very hard to see us capitulating. We also have another game against Aberdeen,

We'll win the league by a few points.

It seems that way.

Mind that time we bottled it vs Bayern when Calderwood was manager? That was embarrassing.

I could be wrong but were you not getting ready to question Celtics bottle if we did not beat you a few weeks back. That same Celtic who were 9 games undefeated and on track for a domestic treble.

I could be wrong but were you not getting ready to question Celtics bottle if we did not beat you a few weeks back. That same Celtic who were 9 games undefeated and on track for a domestic treble.

I said Aberdeen had to test Celtic's bottle, aye.

Going by KF's logic, I should be calling Celtic bottlers for losing to St Jognstone. That's stupid though, Sometimes teams just lose games. They've not always bottled it.