Your Clubs Best Signing? - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Your Clubs Best Signing?

Being a 27 year old Aberdeen fan, I've not much choice.

Jess coming back was fantastic. Never have I been so excited at a signing. However, nothing was really achieved by it.

Beyond that, it's probably someone from the last few years. Reynolds has been solid and is Mr reliable. Hayes is an 8/10 every week, him being out for next week is a massive blow.

However, I'd probably plump for McGinn. He can be so infuriating but he comes up with the goods so often. In Brown's final season in charge, McGinn must have scored around 70% of our goals. And since then he's chipped in with his fair share of goals and assists.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sergei Baltacha for me. The best mover of a ball I have witnessed in a Saints jersey. The fact that a USSR international with hunners o' caps came to Perth was amazebaws.

+1 .... He seemed to slow down time... well it seemed that way .

Off the top of my head - Willie Watters and John Sludden for goals, McCoist and Durrant for keeping the momentum going at an important time. Loved Christophe Cocard in the same way as Eremenko............but Tommy Burns was the man in more ways than one. Sadly missed and fondly remembered. Tremendously gifted and a great pro.

One Burns in Ayrshie :wub:

Jim Bett but Frank McDougall would have been the greatest Don ever if he didn't have to give the game up.If he had played another 100 games for Aberdeen he might have scored 247 goals rather than 36.

Was a huge Frank fan

Was amongst the small band in the away end at Tynecastle when he netted his first half hat trick

The volley from Porteous pass was sublime

Greatest Don though,...,

Off the top of my head - Willie Watters and John Sludden for goals, McCoist and Durrant for keeping the momentum going at an important time. Loved Christophe Cocard in the same way as Eremenko............but Tommy Burns was the man in more ways than one. Sadly missed and fondly remembered. Tremendously gifted and a great pro.

One Burns in Ayrshie :wub:

How could I forget Tommy Burks . Was at his first game at Celtic as Killie player\manager what a reception he got with the whole park singing for him. At the cowdenbeith game where we were assured promotion we all surrounded the portacabin changing rooms and were singing for him he came out and so humbly thanked us and said it was the players not him.

Very fond, albeit early memories of Tommy.

Eremenko in his first term, mans an absolute genius with a ball.

I did have an unnatural love for Alan Mahood as well :lol:

Big memories of wee Cocard as well, glamour signings just weren't Killies thing and he was a class above what we had at the time. I mind a mate coming along to Killie v Aberdeen with me, he's English and never had interest in Scottish football so me trying to talk up Cocard when he was watching Chelsea on TV every other week was futile. Few minutes into the game wee Cocard turned a boy and rattled the bar from about 35 yards out. Even though it didn't go in he and I both felt my praise was justified :lol:

Tommy Burns for me. The last 25 years at Killie would probably not have happened without him...

The one memory of Tommy Burns that i think epitomised the type of guy he was, is..... During an Old firm match (I can't recall if he was playing or managing Celtic at the time) a wee lassie in a Rangers top approached him at the dug out to ask him for an autograph, he happily signed it and gave her a kiss on the top of the head, meanwhile in the background all you could see were contorted faces of grown men snarling and shouting at him.

The contrast in the two situations was sad but expected.

Made some brilliant signings in shite teams. Lee Richardson, Arild Stavrum, Roberto Bisconti, Markus Heinkenen and Kari Arneson. Would loved to have seen some of them in today's Dons team (which, in case anyone hasn't read what Deecie has been saying, is awesome).

Best signing though - Charlie Nicholas.

Made some brilliant signings in shite teams. Lee Richardson, Arild Stavrum, Roberto Bisconti, Markus Heinkenen and Kari Arneson. Would loved to have seen some of them in today's Dons team (which, in case anyone hasn't read what Deecie has been saying, is awesome).

Best signing though - Charlie Nicholas.

Stavrum was $hite

Ricco dropped off a bit after being out for a while - then was a marked man due to his style of play

For Thistle, that would be of the Partick persuasion rather than those Inverness upstarts, I would have to plump for Kenny Watson, who we signed from Rangers in 1980. Kenny played over 300 games for the Jags and scored 50 odd goals. It was just unfortunate he played in some of the worst Jags teams ever in our mediocre 80's years.

Gillhaus.

Just signed as I started going as an 8/9 year old and my older brother gave me a keying of him in a psv top when he came back from a football trip to Holland.

Honourable mention to zerouali.

Just turned it on when he wanted,some great goals and dancing in the puddles after his hat trick at dens park.

And because I own the first ever top with the number 0 on the back (according to the club shop) and have it signed. :ok:

Gillhaus.

Just signed as I started going as an 8/9 year old and my older brother gave me a keying of him in a psv top when he came back from a football trip to Holland.

Honourable mention to zerouali.

Just turned it on when he wanted,some great goals and dancing in the puddles after his hat trick at dens park.

And because I own the first ever top with the number 0 on the back (according to the club shop) and have it signed. :ok:

0 was a circus act during a pretty bleak period

Gilhaus was light years ahead