Your Clubs Best Signing? - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Your Clubs Best Signing?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mccoist was a shite signing. Wage theif.

Tommy Burns signing will never be bettered in my lifetime.

Unbelievable signing for a then second division club.

The thing I remember most from the sally signing was not his playing ability but more the way it seemed there was an upsurge in support for Killie with more and more folk going to games and generally taking an interest. Did we not pay sally in pies anyway lol

Alan Mahood

Great player for Morton in the eary 90's when I first started going. Him McInnes and Lindberg was a fine midfield for a division 1 team.

McInnes was a fine player in his day. I assume he's gone onto bigger and better things these days?

Stevie Maskrey on the wing for me. Cost a couple of grand from East Stirling and was a hugely influential and exciting player.I remember being gutted when that big Dundee b#stard Cammy Fraser crocked him at kirkcaldy days before we played Rangers in the Scottish Cup semifinal! Football was fun in those days.

The thing I remember most from the sally signing was not his playing ability but more the way it seemed there was an upsurge in support for Killie with more and more folk going to games and generally taking an interest. Did we not pay sally in pies anyway lol

McCoist was great for the first season. Overstayed his welcome though.

Iain Durrant on the other hand, one of our best signings ever.

Paul Wright for me though is second only to Burns in value to the club...

On his day, and he had quite a few especially in Europe, best uncapped player I've ever seen

I remember him giving Doug Rougvie a doing one game at Tannadice to the extent that Rougvie was hooked. Next game big Doug hit him hard and fair early on and he was never as effective against him again.

The best uncapped player for me was John McMaster. Was due to be capped when Ray Kennedy 'did' him in a European Cup game. Although he returned he was moved from midfield to left back and never got a look in for Scotland in that position.

if you are talking overall impact, it has to be jimmy nicholl. a great player and would go on to be a good manager winning us the league cup and giving us a game against bayern munich, something no raith fan could have dreamt about. A humble man as well.

The best uncapped player for me was John McMaster. Was due to be capped when Ray Kennedy 'did' him in a European Cup game. Although he returned he was moved from midfield to left back and never got a look in for Scotland in that position.

Hamish McAlpine.

Honourable mention to Jim Duffy who I honestly wished he played for United when I was growing up.

I remember him giving Doug Rougvie a doing one game at Tannadice to the extent that Rougvie was hooked. Next game big Doug hit him hard and fair early on and he was never as effective against him again. (Quote)

I assume that was after the day Ralphie scored 2 at Pittodrie and generally terrorised the whole Dons defence few weeks before we won the league in 83 and still only 20 at the time?

Stevie Maskrey on the wing for me. Cost a couple of grand from East Stirling and was a hugely influential and exciting player.I remember being gutted when that big Dundee b#stard Cammy Fraser crocked him at kirkcaldy days before we played Rangers in the Scottish Cup semifinal! Football was fun in those days.

Aye Zorro would've been my second after Baltacha. :ok: